NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
Picks this weekend...

Seattle over Washington, 27-17
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh, 24-21
NY Giants over Tampa Bay, 20-13
San Diego over Tennessee, 31-14

Those are the teams I'm picking as well. I don't usually do scores, but those look about right. I think Jacksonville might win by 7-10, though.

phanan said:
Picks this weekend...

Seattle over Washington, 27-17
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh, 24-21
NY Giants over Tampa Bay, 20-13
San Diego over Tennessee, 31-14
I'll go with:

Seattle 20 Washington 16
Pittsburgh 27 Jacksonville 13
Giants 19 Tampa Bay 13
San Diego 37 Tennessee 10 (assuming Young Plays, if not subtract 11 from Tennessee's score)

Hewson said:
How does anyone justify somebody doing a better job than perfect?

I know the Pats fans hate hearing it...but the guy was caught cheating and fined for it by the league.

Seriously. You guys are whining because 100% of the mysterious people that vote for coach of the year did not vote for BB. He won. What is there really to argue about? OR do you guys NEED something to lament to make your lives complete?

zonelistener said:

I know the Pats fans hate hearing it...but the guy was caught cheating and fined for it by the league.

Seriously. You guys are whining because 100% of the mysterious people that vote for coach of the year did not vote for BB. He won. What is there really to argue about? OR do you guys NEED something to lament to make your lives complete?
I just need ways to get a rise out of you to make my weekend that much more fun.

Here is something to ponder (from ESPN Page 2):

The Patriots must have a flaw, so let's consider one: Are they too good? Specifically, too good at passing? Tom Brady finished with a league-leading 4,806 passing yards, and for long stretches, New England's aerial attack seemed unstoppable even against solid defenses. Yet impressive as the Flying Elvii passing game was, the numbers posted were not unprecedented. In 2004, Daunte Culpepper recorded 4,717 passing yards. In 2002, Rich Gannon led the league with 4,689 passing yards. In 2001, Kurt Warner had 4,830 passing yards. In 1984, Dan Marino led the league with 5,082 passing yards. In 1981, Dan Fouts compiled 4,802 passing yards. Culpepper, Gannon, Warner, Marino, Fouts -- of all these quarterbacks with Brady-like performance, none went on to win the Super Bowl that season.

In fact, the NFL's passing yardage leader has never gone on to win the Super Bowl in the same season. For XLII consecutive years, the passing yardage leader has not been the quarterback to hoist the trophy as the Super Bowl concludes. Never. Maybe this year's Patriots will be the exception. But with passing-yardage leaders 0-for-41 at winning the Super Bowl, the odds seem to be against Brady.

Discuss....

(anything to get beyond "complaining" about how a coach did not get enough points yet still won the vote. Should we have a recount? Maybe there was a hanging chad!

zonelistener said:
Here is something to ponder (from ESPN Page 2):

Discuss....

You can throw that out the window. Nobody ever threw 50 touchdown passes, no team ever went 16-0. New England is a one of a kind team. I'm not dumb enough to guarantee a championship, but I think they've got a great shot.

zonelistener said:

(anything to get beyond "complaining" about how a coach did not get enough points yet still won the vote. Should we have a recount? Maybe there was a hanging chad!
chadjohnsonjersey.jpg

Hanging Chad

SeattleVertigo said:

You can throw that out the window. Nobody ever threw 50 touchdown passes, no team ever went 16-0. New England is a one of a kind team. I'm not dumb enough to guarantee a championship, but I think they've got a great shot.

Brady beat the record by how many touchdown passes? One? So, that means there were other QBs before him that threw NEARLY as many TDs and did not win the Super Bowl that year (Manning and Marino).

As for the 16-0...give you that.

zonelistener said:

Perhaps you should go back to the last page again, zoney. I was merely responding to LemonMelon's comments about how he didn't think Belichick deserved the award. We can certainly have a back and forth discussion on why we each feel the way we do.

Now, if you are just directing your post to Hewson, by all means continue. :wink:

The Seahawks/Redskins game is going to be wet and very windy today - we're getting part of that storm that's hammering California. Should be interesting!

Just to let you all know, Seahawks' WR Deion Branch will not be starting today. Hasselbeck hurt his wrist too last week, so things are looking very good for the Skins already. :up:

I come to you all again looking for football knowledge.

I'm confused - the Seahawks/Redskins game is the "wild card" game, but why would the Seahawks be playing for a wild card spot when they won their division?

Each conference has four divisions. The two teams with the best records get a bye this weekend. The other division winners have to play the wild card teams this weekend. Seattle is the #3 seed in the NFC, so they had to play.

There are 4 divisions....the 2 division winners with the best records get a bye (For the NFC, Green Bay and Dallas), and the other 2 division winners host the 2 wildcard teams.

Ah, okay. Thank you!

I guess I was thinking of the way baseball does the wild card thing in the playoffs.

WHY?!?!!?

Why do announcers continually not understand that a "reverse" is really an end around, and that a "double reverse" is actually a "reverse". These are paid professionals and they fucking continually misidentify this shit. When a Receiver comes around and the QB hands it to him, that's not a reverse!

You see, I never make these mistakes when I announce sports. They need to hire me.

I'm about 3 hours away from being really nervous for the Steelers. That is all, and that is my last post until after the Steeler game.

G-dspeed, PFan.

No spoken words said:
WHY?!?!!?

Why do announcers continually not understand that a "reverse" is really an end around, and that a "double reverse" is actually a "reverse". These are paid professionals and they fucking continually misidentify this shit. When a Receiver comes around and the QB hands it to him, that's not a reverse!
Thats one of my pet peeves when watching football. I think Al Michaels is one of the few who seems to know what an "end around" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom