NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin, while you're around, I would just like to say good luck to your Cowboys tomorrow. The Skins/Boys rivalry has reached great heights of awesomeness this year, and tomorrow's game will be fantastic. :up:

And no, I'm not just messing with you. :wink:

The Giants O-line gave Eli all sorts of time early on so he was never really flustered. Once the Pats D started getting to him though he soon got rattled.

Thought it was a great game, the G-men really gave it a go.

Now for the Skins to beat the Boys tonight:wink:

Justin24 said:
Moss will never be as great as Jerry Rice.
Probably not, but damn close.
When he focuses strictly on football as he has done this year, he is the most gifted WR I have ever seen play the game, including Rice. The difference being Rice's dedication was pretty much 100% (overlooking a little pre Super Bowl break dancing :wink: ), whereas as Moss has had his issues in the past, especially in Oakland.
Tom Brady has said that Moss is the smartest football player he's ever played with...that speaks volumes comsidering the source.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
Anyone else while watching the game last night and seeing the Giants wearing 21 stickers on their helmets have a momentary thought of "Why are they paying tribute to Tiki Barber?" before dawn breaking on Marblehead?

That was one helluva game last night. I know the Patriots' D wasn't great, but I'm confident they'll fix those problems over the next two weeks.

It was great to see the Giants go all out. That's the way football should be played. I hope their injured guys are ready to go against the Bucs.

It was terrific to see the Patriots come back from 12 down in the third quarter. It has to build confidence to know that they can overcome a big deficit like that.

As a native New Englander, it's hard to fathom all the success Boston sports teams have had in the past few years -- I grew up being used to disappointment! <grin>

Aw shit, the game was LAST night? Since when do they have NFL games on Saturday? :grumpy:

How did I miss that newsflash?

Oh well.

corianderstem said:
Aw shit, the game was LAST night? Since when do they have NFL games on Saturday? :grumpy:

I think every year since I've been alive. :hmm: To be fair, that hasn't been all that long. :wink:

John Lackey said:
16-0. Wow. Damn shame they had to cheat to get there. :camera:

Didn't you hear? Pats fans believe all teams cheat in some way or another. :happy: It's a beautiful religion they have going there. :up:

I like how the commentators completely ignored the hilarity of Tom Brady bringing a video camera to NY. It's just too easy, I suppose.

John Lackey said:
16-0. Wow. Damn shame they had to cheat to get there. :camera:

Said the guy with a juicer teammate :wink:

Last edited:
romosnap-to-facegif2.gif

Haha nice one. I find everything about Tony Romo amusing. I'm sure between media coverage & him being a Cowboy that amusement will eventually be replaced by annoyance mixed with jealousy that he's nailing Jessica Simpson, but for now I'm getting a kick out of the guy.

Hewson said:
Anyone else while watching the game last night and seeing the Giants wearing 21 stickers on their helmets have a momentary thought of "Why are they paying tribute to Tiki Barber?" before dawn breaking on Marblehead?

I was actually wondering why the Pats didn't have the stickers on???

:sad: I'm so proud! :sad: What a wonderful late-season run. For once, being a Redskins fan isn't miserable at all. :yippie:

Cowboys, get ready to see us again in a couple of weeks. :wink:

Great show by the Skins tonight! :bow:

Seattle will be worried even with home field advantage.

The game two years ago was a close one and think this rematch will be the same.

KBRY said:

I was actually wondering why the Pats didn't have the stickers on???
Maybe cause they already had the 91 for Marquis Hill.
Don't know if there's any rule about only one sticker allowed, but knowing the NFL, I wouldn't doubt it.

LemonMelon said:

Didn't you hear? Pats fans believe all teams cheat in some way or another. :happy: It's a beautiful religion they have going there. :up:

Boy I wish by some stroke of God (it would take at least that) your Redskins met up with the Pats in the Super Bowl. It would make SF 55 Denver 10 seem like a barnburner.

Hewson said:
Boy I wish by some stroke of God (it would take at least that) your Redskins met up with the Pats in the Super Bowl. It would make SF 55 Denver 10 seem like a barnburner.

Really? Really? You really think it would be worse than that?

I disagree. :wink: It would be on a neutral field against a Redskins team that doesn't suck. You'd probably still win by 30, but who cares? We've had countless players hurt and our best player die, and we STILL made it. FUCK. YEAH.

It's easy being a Pats fan these days. I'd like to see you talk trash like that when Brady is retired and has the weight of an entire team off of his back. :up:

So......

Dallas was held to 1 yard rushing total. The worst in team history. Yep.

Well, I'm off to go watch the Colts/Titans. Should be good stuff.

Hewson said:
Maybe cause they already had the 91 for Marquis Hill.
Don't know if there's any rule about only one sticker allowed, but knowing the NFL, I wouldn't doubt it.

The Patriots, as well as other teams, had the option of keeping the 21 sticker on their helmets if they wished, but of course, since they already have 91 on there, they apparently decided not to.

Some other teams discontinued wearing the 21 sticker as well, like the Colts, who are playing right now and clearly aren't wearing it.

LemonMelon said:

Really? Really? You really think it would be worse than that?

I disagree. :wink: It would be on a neutral field against a Redskins team that doesn't suck. You'd probably still win by 30, but who cares? We've had countless players hurt and our best player die, and we STILL made it. FUCK. YEAH.

It's easy being a Pats fan these days. I'd like to see you talk trash like that when Brady is retired and has the weight of an entire team off of his back. :up:

It wouldn't be as much of a blowout if it happened again. Probably only two or three touchdowns at the most.

But congrats to your Skins for making it. They deserve it. :up:

Oh, and Hewson is only responding to your trash talking, and considering how we've suffered through some Patriot campaigns that are amongst the worst in NFL history, we deserve to do that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom