NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
This year's card has a beautiful winter scene, with snow beginning to fall on a serene football field as the retractable roof begins to close.

Priceless.

It aint weak, Mr. Pryck/Smokey, it's just funny.

Her PM was fantastic as well.

zonelistener said:

The three AFC backs selected are 1-2-3 in the NFL this year.

Rotten luck playing in the AFC. I think he would still fall behind Peterson in the NFC.

I can understand Tomlinson, but I think he could have easily been included in place of Parker or Addai, who I know are having good seasons in their own right, but Parker's stats are a little better, most notably his yards per carry.

I wonder how many the Pats/Cowboys will actually show up assuming that either team advance to the Super Bowl. It seems like traditionally a lot of guys don't make the trip after going to the Super Bowl.

Hewson said:
I find it very difficult to believe not a single Jaguar was selected.

After Jacksonville pretty much beat Pittsburgh at its own game last Sunday, I wonder how many voters would have changed their votes if they could.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=225512&hubname=nfl

Falcons offer Parcells VP job

The Canadian Press
12/19/2007 1:11:03 AM

ATLANTA - Bill Parcells could become the Atlanta Falcons' vice-president of football operations, a role that would put him in charge of finding the team's next coach.

Parcells is considering an offer to join the team's front office, a person familiar with the negotiations said on condition of anonymity because talks were ongoing.

Rich McKay, the team's president and general manager, did not immediately return a phone message on Tuesday night.

The offer was first reported by ESPN.com.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank declined comment when asked about Parcells late Tuesday night.

Parcells' agent, Jimmy Sexton, did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

Emmitt Thomas is serving as Atlanta's interim head coach after Bobby Petrino resigned suddenly a week ago. Petrino went 3-10 with the Falcons before taking the Arkansas job.

Parcells resigned in January after four years as the Dallas coach. During a 19-year career that also included coaching the New York Giants, New England Patriots and New York Jets, Parcells made it to three Super Bowls, winning twice with the Giants.

Known best for a gruff demeanour and colourful quotes, Parcells left with the ninth most wins in NFL history and a career record of 183-138-1. He was 34-32 in Dallas, including 0-2 in the post-season. He had one year left at more than US$5 million on a contract extension signed last January.

"I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time," Parcells said when he left the Cowboys. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people that have assisted me in that regard."

Apparently now Parcells is going to the Dolphins instead...he's always been a whore.

Parcells spurns Falcons, turns to Miami

The Sports Network
12/19/2007 3:38:24 PM

Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Bill Parcells will not be heading to the Atlanta Falcons after all.

According to the New York Daily News, Parcells was on the verge of accepting a job to run the Falcons' football operations with only a few minor details to be worked out.

But, Falcons owner Arthur Blank released a statement Wednesday afternoon saying Parcells backed out of an agreement and is now entertaining an offer from the Miami Dolphins.

"Late last night it was revealed to the media by a source outside the Falcons that we were close to reaching an agreement with Bill Parcells to lead the club's football operations," Blank said.

"Prior to the information becoming public, we had reached an agreement in principle with Parcells, and we met with him this morning to complete the contract. At that time, we were made aware by Parcells that he was considering a revised offer from the Miami Dolphins. He later informed us that he would not be signing a contract with us.

"We remain committed to looking at every option for building a championship- caliber team for our fans. I have stated we will leave no stone unturned in doing so, and this effort is one example of that. We gave it our best shot, and it didn't work out.

"We will continue down the same overall path, proceeding with plans to hire a general manager and a head coach. We will identify and consider every strongly viable candidate for these positions, with the goal of hiring the best. Rich McKay remains President of the club and will retain general manager responsibilities until a new GM is hired.

"We will be making no further comment on the Parcells matter."

Parcells seemed convinced he would wind up in Atlanta during his interview with the Daily News.

"I think I probably will do it," Parcells told the newspaper by phone from his home. "The job description is to be the football operations overseer. We still have a little work to do, but I don't think it's anything major. I don't expect any real deal-breaker. I don't think there will be any major hangups."

Parcells retired as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys after last season.

After taking over for the Cowboys in January of 2003, Parcells posted a regular-season record of 34-30 during his four-year tenure. The Cowboys had three winning seasons and two playoff appearances under Parcells, but the team dropped both of its postseason games -- losing to Carolina in 2003 and Seattle last season.

Parcells had an overall head coaching mark of 172-130-1 in the regular season with the Cowboys, New York Jets, New England Patriots and New York Giants, winning Super Bowl titles after the 1986 and 1990 seasons during an eight-year run with the Giants.

He has an 11-8 record in the playoffs and is one of only five coaches to guide two different teams to the Super Bowl, joining Don Shula, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil and Mike Holmgren.

Nine of Parcells' 19 teams won at least 10 games in a season and he directed 10 squads to the playoffs.

Parcells spent the first 15 years of his coaching career at the collegiate level, including one season as the head coach at the Air Force Academy. He then moved on to the NFL as an assistant in 1979 with the Giants, spent the 1980 season as the linebackers coach with New England and returned to the Giants as the defensive coordinator for 1981 and '82 before taking over the head coaching duties in 1983.

Looks like Justin has the pulse of the Cowboys, despite what others may say. :wink:

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens has a message for Jessica Simpson: Stay away.

The 27-year-old singer-actress has become Public Enemy No. 1 among Dallas Cowboys fans because of a link being made between her appearance at Sunday's game and the poor performance of her new boyfriend, quarterback Tony Romo.

"Right now, Jessica Simpson is not a fan favorite -- in this locker room or in Texas Stadium," Owens said Wednesday.

I wonder how this was said. Knowing TO he was probably laughing as he said it, but no hint of that in the article, which makes him sound like an ass. What, was TO looking at Jessica and that's why he dropped those balls? Because I saw some drops in that game.

CTU2fan said:
I wonder how this was said. Knowing TO he was probably laughing as he said it, but no hint of that in the article, which makes him sound like an ass. What, was TO looking at Jessica and that's why he dropped those balls? Because I saw some drops in that game.

Too late to edit. Heard the clip on ESPN and while the press guys and everyone else in earshot were laughing TO didn't sound like he was. In that case he ought to STFU.

Ugh, broken leg for Willie Parker. Bad bad news for the Seelers.

phanan said:
That really hurts them for the playoffs.

And while I feel bad that he broke his leg, part of me is glad that this might open up a spot for Fred Taylor to finally go to the Pro Bowl.

Now if we can just get Mario Williams in. But yeah, Taylor deserves to go. I'd have picked Taylor over Addai (but I hate the Colts so my opinion on that means diddly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom