NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be ignored, as you imply I am, than paid attention to solely for my constant posting of worthless, inane chatter.

Got Philk? said:
huh...Orton isn't the answer either? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Bears could have Devin Hester learn to throw a few quick slants and run a few bootlegs in practice, put him at QB and get better results.

zonelistener said:
Skol Vikings
USST-Skoal.jpg

inmyplace13 said:
I'd rather be ignored, as you imply I am, than paid attention to solely for my constant posting of worthless, inane chatter.

I am sure you post much worthless chatter in other sections of this forum. So you know what just shut the fuck up and go about your way.

Let's just talk football and how much we don't like each other.

Last edited:
Speaking of U2Kitten, back on 5/10/07, she sent me a PM from out of the blue, giving me her thoughts on Randy Moss being traded to the Patriots. I never bothered posting it here even though she told me I could, but I thought you'd all find it an interesting read now.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
my thoughts on Randy Moss

I can still read the forum logged off, and since you were, even jokingly, interested in my comments on this I want to tell you, and you can post my comments on the open forum if you want.

I used to like Randy Moss a lot in Minn. but he made a complete jackass out of himself and he has really slacked off as a player since. He seems to be blaming everyone but himself, but it's his own poor performance. Now that the Raiders have the #1 pic QB he'll be sorry he left, unless he just couldn't get along with the teammates. Really, I think Moss is a dickhead who likely can't get along with anybody, and never will.

As for his impact on the Patriots, I say as I always have, for EVERY team in EVERY situation, you CANNOT 'buy' a team in football. NBA, yes, baseball, maybe, NFL, no. Why? Because it really doesn't matter in football if you have good stars or not if they don't fit in and 'gel' well together, or function as a cohesive unit. Some players may be very good in one system and suck in another (see Edggerin James, and Moss) That's why, as much as I hate to compliment them, the Pats have done an excellent job with a sometimes ragtag, no name, patchwork bunch of guys. They're gritty and determined and somehow it all works out for them. I really think they'd have been better off sticking to that rather than going out trying to buy a team like Daniel Snyder- and you see how far it got him- nowhere.

It is flattering and funny to know they obviously did this because they are burned that the Colts won and they are not the 'fairest of them all.' But this is not the way to do it. You can't buy an all star team in the NFL because it's not a plug in and go situation, it takes time, teamwork, and chemistry. You can't buy that. Look at all the shitty teams that have done good with that, and all the high dollar 'bought' 'all star' teams that haven't.

As for the Colts, I think they were wrong to let so many guys go. Even though I don't think Harper will be missed because his scrubs saved the big games for the team, I think losing too many was bad for the team morale and community. Sure, those defensive guys sucked the place out last year, but they came together when they needed to and that's what mattered. Losing so many of that group is not good. I also worry that the Colts, since Dungy and Irsay are such gung ho Christians, are worrying too much about a guy's 'character' and are going to end up like one of those companies that snoops into your private life and fires you for not living up to their standards. Take Rhodes, he drunk drove, so what. Does that make him a bad guy? To me, as long as a guy performs on the field, I don't give shit what he does on his own time (within reason of course, no mass murders, etc.) I'm afraid the Colts' holier than thou attitude, and now probably feeling blessed from above and rewarded with their glory, may be even more in that direction to the point where they start to alienate some guys. This worries me.

But you know no matter what it's going to be the Colts and Pats in the AFC title game again. But I could be wrong, they both may not even qualify. We'll see!

Originally posted by phanan
It wasn't me who wondered what your thoughts were on this - it was randhail.

Just so you know.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
all you guys who mess with me look alike. Except headache.

inmyplace13 said:

This is such a stupid comment that I'm having trouble forming a cogent response to it.

You win, universe.

Comments like that are inappropriate.

However...

Justin24 said:
Romo needs to dump her ass. She will ruin the Cowboys.

Justin, when you make comments like that, what do you expect? No, impy was not right in what he said...but I understand where he is coming from. Your statement doesn't make sense to me. How can a player's girlfriend ruin a football team? :shrug: It would be to your advantage to post statements/opinions that have a little support.

Justin24 said:

Is anyone listening to you???????????? no.

Also, impy being rude to you doesn't give you the right to be rude back. You also just proved that you are, indeed, listening to him, which sort of ruins what you were trying to say anyway.

inmyplace13 said:

Once again, that's rude, and we are not allowed to talk to other members like that.

Justin24 said:

I am sure you post much worthless chatter in other sections of this forum. So you know what just shut the fuck up and go about your way.

Let's just talk football and how much we don't like each other.

Justin, impy was in the wrong with what he said, but you are being COMPLETELY out of line. It's ridiculous.

Justin24 said:

Don't even compare me to U2Kitten please. Inmyplace had the be the dickhead to start this shit.

Once again...COMPLETELY out of line.

The only thing you will accomplish by continuing is gaining yourself, at minimum, a suspension from this forum.

Consider this your FINAL warning.

It doesn't sound very authoritative when I call him that, does it? :laugh:

Anyway, I will agree with one thing Justin said...let's talk about football. :up: And since my football contribution doesn't go much beyond being giddy over the Packers, I'll let somebody else take it from here. :wink:

phanan said:
Speaking of U2Kitten, back on 5/10/07, she sent me a PM from out of the blue, giving me her thoughts on Randy Moss being traded to the Patriots. I never bothered posting it here even though she told me I could, but I thought you'd all find it an interesting read now.

Well she was certainly right on the money about one thing:
But I could be wrong

Geez, talk about weak. You guys are picking on someone that can't defend themselves.

Anyway, back to the NFL. Nobody mentioned Bret Favre passing Dan Marino on the all time passing yardage list. Not bad for a guy who looked close to done last year. Maybe good ol' Mr. Favre can lead his Pack to the Super Bowl. I'm sure Bonochick must be happy about that possiblity. Stay tuned.

MrPryck2U said:
Maybe good ol' Mr. Favre can lead his Pack to the Super Bowl. I'm sure Bonochick must be happy about that possiblity. Stay tuned.
My aren't we the teacher's pet?

(You can now defend yourself, feel better?) :wink:

Justin24 said:

That argument is a whole lot more compelling with evidence. But seriuslee, if you don't make comments you know are asinine that rile up the real Cowboys fan, two things will happen:

a. We won't have a problem

b. I'll "shut the fuck up and go about [my] way"

So I'll be happy, you'll be happy, and lord knows BC will be happy.

MrPryck2U said:
Geez, talk about weak. You guys are picking on someone that can't defend themselves.

I'm assuming you are referring to my post. Keep in mind before you make comments like this that I was given permission to post it. I didn't pick on her, just merely passed along her thoughts, and Hewson merely gave an opinion. So please don't try to make it anymore than what it is.

MrPryck2U said:

Anyway, back to the NFL. Nobody mentioned Bret Favre passing Dan Marino on the all time passing yardage list. Not bad for a guy who looked close to done last year. Maybe good ol' Mr. Favre can lead his Pack to the Super Bowl. I'm sure Bonochick must be happy about that possiblity. Stay tuned.

:love:

I actually got to watch that game, which was very nice! I live in Lions territory now, and I don't have cable, so I don't always get to see Packer games. That was a treat. :)

That's quite the nice apple you've got there. :wink:

As for other matters, let's just move on from it please, impy, I don't want to drag the issue on any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom