NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I found most astonishing yesterday was that Tampa had its first ever in franchise history kickoff return for TD. I mean in over 30 years, not once till yesterday...wow.

I heard about the Tampa Bay thing also. Amazing that it took 30 years for them to run it back.

It's especially amazing considering that they've probably had the most kickoff return chances of any team over the last 30 years.

Also, anybody (sports bettors, fantasy owners, etc.) get screwed over by Brian Westbrook falling down at the 1-yard line?

I don't think anybody has ever lost a fumble from the kneel-down formation in NFL history, but going the length of the field to score 2 TDs in the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter to win has happened before, so it was probably the correct play.

Last edited:
I don't think it affected any betting as the Eagles were 10 point dogs and the game would have stayed well under the total, I suppose maybe a prop bet like , first to score a TD Westbrook or Barber is the only thing it could have affected.

I'm sure it messed up a few fantasy players though.

AnnRKeyintheUSA said:
He should have scored because the game wasn't out of reach yet. If it had been a 20+ point lead I could see the gesture being noble.
It wasn't about being noble...going down at the 1 ensures the Eagles a win, scoring gives Dallas a chance. An extreme longshot, but still a shot.

Dallas can not win down 4 and never getting the ball.
Dallas can win down 11 with the ball and 2:10 on the clock. Touchdown, 2 point PAT, recovered onside kick, one completion out of bounds, FG forces OT. Again a very longshot. But for Dallas to win with no timeouts, Philly kneeling out the clock at 2:00 on first down is impossible unless McNabb fumbles the snap.

I actually lost a bet on a similar play to that when I was in college. Pretty sure it was Tampa/Minnesota on a Sunday night. Anyway Minnesota has the ball up by I think 2, and they were giving 4. Something like that, I know a field goal would have covered. Anyway they're driving down the field and Tampa has no timeouts, and they're inside the 2 minute warning and they get another 1st down, 1st and goal from like the 6. And they take 3 knees for the win...screwing my bed (I'd taken Minnesota). I actively rooted against them for years after that...bastards.

Justin24 said:
Romo needs to dump her ass. She will ruin the Cowboys.

This is such a stupid comment that I'm having trouble forming a cogent response to it.

You win, universe.

randhail said:

I think she's past her peak and latching onto Romo is her attempt to stay in the limelight.

I think she's the missing ingredient that the Cowboys have needed all year. :D

LemonMelon said:

I think she's the missing ingredient that the Cowboys have needed all year. :D

The question is, is going from Carrie Underwood to Jessica Simpson an upgrade? I say yes...

CTU2fan said:

The question is, is going from Carrie Underwood to Jessica Simpson an upgrade? I say yes...

That's a really tough question. I'd probably have to give Jessica the edge in the looks department. However, any advantage she has their is quickly lost as soon as she begins to talk. So the deciding factor for me is that Jessica wore a pink jersey to the game, which is a mortal sin in my book, so I'd give the nod to Carrie.

CTU2fan said:

I agree. She may not be able to tell the difference between chicken and fish, but she is hot stuff. :up:

If you like orange-colored girls with trout lips, then yeah, she's hot stuff.

(No, I have nothing football related to contribute ... just a drive-by comment. :wink: )

inmyplace13 said:

This is such a stupid comment that I'm having trouble forming a cogent response to it.

You win, universe.

Is anyone listening to you???????????? no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom