NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.

Playoffs are mathematically gone.

Now is the time for Kevin Kolb to start taking snaps.

:up:

(PF26 is gonna love this) :wink:

KitnaPatsGame.jpg

where is your god now?

Dave, I don't think that even you hate the Pats enough to do this :wink:

So someone decided it was worth at least $1,000 to send a plane around Gillette today with a banner reading:

Barry Bonds 756 *

Bill Belichick 3 Super Bowl wins *

An eagle-eyed reader said he saw the plane take off from East Taunton this morning. The plane is currently circling the stadium. That’s quite a bit of trouble to go to to say the Patriots are cheaters.

Coming soon to Patriot Place: an anti-aircraft battery.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

something that was brought up a lot on mike and the mad dog today and will obviously become a much bigger story if things go according to plan...

everyone's always been thinking about wether or not the patriots will play guys in week 17 with everything locked up already, just to go for the undefeated season. but the subplot now is what will the giants do? considering they pretty much already have the playoffs wrapped up, and they have very little chance of moving up or down, will they play everyone against the patriots?

If the Giants have the fifth spot locked up, and it is increasingly looking like that is the case, I would think they'd rest some obvious players, like Burress for example. I don't even know if Manning will play that much, although that probably would help their cause. :wink:

The Giants, while I'm sure they'd like to beat the Patriots, can't be worried about that. They need to get ready for the playoffs, and they aren't going to have a bye. Getting that extra time off is huge. I see Coughlin basically saying hey, if we beat them, we beat them, but that isn't going to be the top priority that week.

As for the Patriots, they will most definitely play everyone who isn't hurt. Not only will they be motivated to go 16-0, but they'll understand that with the bye, they'll get plenty of rest before the playoffs. I'm sure they will try to rack up over 40 points as fast as they can so the primary players can be pulled, but if it's close, don't expect Brady to come off the field.

I've seen some weather models indicating a badass nor'easter for Sunday, with 2+ feet falling on the Boston area. Should be interesting.

I think a fun thing would be for the Pats to post their offensive plays on the jumbotron...give Mangenious a level playing field.

Oh and in draft pick watch 2008 the Pats are still sitting pretty with the #2 pick via the Niners. Pats picking ahead of the Jets :)

Well at least take time out for some tension-relieving snowball fights. We had some killer Jungle v. Frats ones when I was at UConn...ah the memories.

CTU2fan said:
Well at least take time out for some tension-relieving snowball fights. We had some killer Jungle v. Frats ones when I was at UConn...ah the memories.

Risley Hall vs. Howe Hall, December '05.

We sent those Howe bastards running back to their cold, dark halls. :rockon:

No, but since he left Louisville he managed to parlay a disastrous NFL season (not entirely of his own making) into a SEC gig. Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier would be impressed.

Especially Spurrier. Petrino's new college gig will be an upgrade, and so was Saban's...Spurrier's not so much. Or Rick Pitino's, come to think of it.

BonoManiac said:
So Bobby Petrino has reportedly resigned as head coach of the Falcons and will be taking over the University of Arkansas.

I'm sure this is not how he envisioned his season ending.

I'm really not sure that's a loss, considering the state of both of those teams.

Jets reportedly videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough

Updated: December 12, 2007, 2:54 AM ET

There's a new wrinkle in the Spygate controversy between the Patriots and the Jets.

According to a published report, a Jets employee was asked to stop videotaping the Patriots sideline during the first quarter of a game in Foxborough last season. Jets officials claim everything was above board.

"All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, told Newsday.

The Jets employee at the stadium was removed but the camera was not confiscated, according to the report. The employee's filming took place on the mezzanine level of the stadium.

The newspaper also said there was some confusion as to which Patriots home game the videotaping occurred. New York played at New England twice, including a playoff game.

In Week 1 of this season, New England was santioned by the NFL for videotaping the Jets' sideline. The NFL took away the Patriots' first-round draft pick, fined the team $250,000 and fined head coach Bill Belichick another $500,000.

On Sunday, New England is looking to improve its record to 14-0 when they host the Jets at Foxborough. The Patriots can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with a win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3151217

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom