NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Mercury Morris was on the radio today saying that if the Pats finish 16-0, its the same as the 72 Dolphins finishing 14-0, as they used to play 6 exhibition games back then, so both teams had to play 20 game seasons.

Um, Merc...:huh:

jeff-feagles.jpg

MVP

speedracer said:
This just in: Anthony Smith sucks at football.

Did Randy Moss say something to him as he twirled into the endzone? He must have said something, to somebody.

I just saw that play again, and I think Moss might have been supposed to throw deep to Gaffney down the right sideline. (He's pulled that play off a bunch of times in Minnesota). After the lateral bounced to him, he just chucked it back to Brady (perhaps also a planned option) and Gaffney broke left.

Last edited:
Guar-an-tee!
Guar-an-tee!

That was pretty cool.

(Sorry NSW) :wink:

Meh. In a season or two, Anthony Smith will probably be out of a job and getting liquored up with Mike Vanderjagt on the weekends.

I think it's a different game with Polamalu in there...you'd think he does a better job on at least the 2 long TD passes.

Dalton said:
Why aren't they playing a sunday night game this week?

They are...at least, the Colts are. 44-7 presently, Colts have brought on the scrubbinis.

CTU2fan said:
I think it's a different game with Polamalu in there...you'd think he does a better job on at least the 2 long TD passes.

Well, they miss Ryan Clark, too, their other safety, but, you don't keep 22 guys healthy all year, so 2 injuries are no excuse. Sure, they might have defended at least one of those passes more effectively, but do they even call that 2nd play if Troy is playing? I don't know.

What I do know if that New England is the better team. I knew that before, but I thought we had a chance, and for one half, we did ok.

Whew -- I am relieved that the Pats got past Pittsburgh. And returned pretty much to form in the process.

I'll be very interested to see how Belichick coaches the last couple of games. They need to win one more to get HFA, but the last two games will be as meaningful as exhibitions. I wonder how long he'll play the key starters in those games.

Also glad to see the Seahawks playing pretty well, with a 5-game winning streak to go to 9-4. Soft schedule though, so I'm not sure what to make of them. I think they could be competitive with Dallas or Green Bay. But we'll see.

Pittsburgh still moved the ball well against the Patriots. It's only because the offense was back in high gear today that it ended up not being close in the second half. The defense is definitely worrisome still.

That being said, they did very well in the red zone, holding the Steelers to two field goals and delivering a goal line stand. Reminds me of the Super Bowl years where it always seemed like opponents could move the ball at will against New England but then not score too many points, so that's encouraging.

And you just knew the Ravens wouldn't have it tonight. You could see this blowout coming against the Colts from miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom