NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:
Hey pf26, still think AJ Feeley is better than Donovan McNabb?

I seriously want to leap through the TV and punch him in the gut right now. Dumbass. :|

If you mean 2007 McNabb, then absolutely.

Feeley played awful today, in part because of the rain and in part because he's got backup talent and nothing more.

I can just imagine McNabb playing in this, and the Eagles losing by 24.

phillyfan26 said:
Feeley played awful today, in part because of the rain and in part because he's got backup talent and nothing more.

The rain doesn't make Lofa Tatupu completely invisible, though.

He was really, REALLY stupid today.

phillyfan26 said:

If you mean 2007 McNabb, then absolutely.

I can just imagine McNabb playing in this, and the Eagles losing by 24.

How many times has McNabb ran over your dog since September?

Geez...Feeley could throw 6 costly interceptions in one game, and you'd still think he's Peyton Manning compared to McNabb. :|

Letting them start at the 40 sucks but kicking to Hester in an invitation to disaster. I like the pooch kicks to the 25 or so best, but I guess not every kicker does that well? Don't know.

DaveC said:
The rain doesn't make Lofa Tatupu completely invisible, though.

He was really, REALLY stupid today.

On each of his picks, it was the backup talent portion of my statement.

LemonMelon said:
How many times has McNabb ran over your dog since September?

Geez...Feeley could throw 6 costly interceptions in one game, and you'd still think he's Peyton Manning compared to McNabb. :|

Well, compared to McNabb. McNabb this season is the most pathetic quarterback I've ever seen play pro football. I mean, it's only been eight or nine years I've been watching, but there's 32 teams in the league, so it's a decent sized number of quarterbacks.

So, yeah, I mean, I think Feeley's a backup, similar to the lower level of starters, your Rex Grossman if you will. Capable backup. He played over his head in New England, but still ... I'd take him over McNabb.

The real solution is blatantly obvious: Kevin Kolb.

ok let me try to figure this out... they get the touchdown, which i liked because i didn't trust tynes, even from 20 yards, to kick the field goal, and rex blows.

but hello? you're up 4... extra point puts you up 5, accomplishes nothing. chicago still needs a touchdown. go for 2 and get it, you're up 6... chicago needs to kick the extra point to win, and with the weather conditions who knows... maybe they muff it and you get overtime. fail at the conversion and they still need a touchdown to win, not a field goal.

ponderous.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, compared to McNabb. McNabb this season is the most pathetic quarterback I've ever seen play pro football. I mean, it's only been eight or nine years I've been watching, but there's 32 teams in the league, so it's a decent sized number of quarterbacks.

Come on, man.

McNabb statistics for 2007: 13 TD, 6 INT, 87.3 rating.

That's not stellar, but it's not awful either.

I don't like the guy much either, and I realize it's not quite his stats in previous seasons, but "the most pathetic quarterback you've ever seen play pro football"? That's ludicrous.

Kolb right now would be very premature.

^I agree with everything you said Dave C.

Headache, let's just not talk about this game. Yes, I believe the Bears had 1 yard of offense before their final drive in the 4th quarter...

Rex had 224 yards and 1 td in the first half, then sucked in the second.

I hate Eli

thats all...the vikings are better than us...:(

As a Cowboys fan, I'm don't think I've ever been disappointed after a Skins loss. That wasn't the case today, though. I would have liked to have seen them pull that game out after all this Sean Taylor business. What the hell, Gibbs?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so happy my misery can take a break until next Sunday.

Let's make it 4 losses in a row, Lions!

You're finally learning what it's like to be a true Lions fan :giggle:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so happy my misery can take a break until next Sunday.

Let's make it 4 losses in a row, Lions!

Actually, you guys have already dropped 4 straight...:uhoh: It'll be 5 after next week.

We've dropped 4 in a row too! :happy:

DaveC said:
Come on, man.

McNabb statistics for 2007: 13 TD, 6 INT, 87.3 rating.

That's not stellar, but it's not awful either.

I don't like the guy much either, and I realize it's not quite his stats in previous seasons, but "the most pathetic quarterback you've ever seen play pro football"? That's ludicrous.

Kolb right now would be very premature.

His statistics right now make him sound significantly better than he is. Maybe not the most pathetic, but it's bad. I tend to exxagerate a bit. Although, I still can't think of a QB in the last eight years that was worse than McNabb this season. Take away the Detroit game from him, and his stats look worse. He got about eight seconds in the pocket each play in that game. Even then, his stats make him look better than he's played.

But even if you think McNabb is better than Feeley, I can't see any way that Kolb isn't the play right here. It's overdue, in my book, and in most other people's books, it's just now that it's a must. The season is definitively over with the showing today, you've gotta go with Kolb. Have to. Must. Please, Andy. You're getting fired anyway (knock on wood to make sure), please just give us Kolb for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom