NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:

They also have Daunte Stallworth, Tedy Bruschi, Kevin Faulk, Rodney Harrison, Asante Samuel, Junior Seau, Richard Seymour

ok people don't hate the yankees because they have stars. they hate them because they have over-priced stars, their fans have a sense of arrogance, and they have a long history of this.

none of the pats stars are over-paid, guys like bruschi, harrison, samuel and seymour are home grown, seau is past his prime, faulk is not a star and neither is stallworth.

meanwhile, the cowboys have TO, the over priced guy whom everyone hates and ooooze arrogance (america's team? hellooooo).

right.

your arguments fail you my son. try again.

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, question - the Lions are now 6-2, is anyone really giving them credit now or is it just who they've been playing so far? Believe me, I'm amazed they've won six games at this point, but not knowing the ins and outs of the league that much, are they really that good or is this just a fluke season?

I am real happy to see the Lions doing this good.

phillyfan26 said:

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

I think you might not have understood the sarcasm in this post.

None of what you said had anything to do with the comparison of the Cowboys and the Yankees.

You seem to not realize that the Cowboys and the Yankees are the two "America's teams" and that they have the most front-running fans, the most arrogant fans, and the overdone ... everything.

Maroney is completely overrated BTW. A senior citizen (EG: Morten Andersen) could run behind that offensive line.

I agree. I think Brian Westbrook is even better than given credit for, considering how below-average the Philly O-line has been.

The Lions are playing decent ball, but they've already been blown out twice by teams with less-than-superior offenses. I don't see them as a threat. Yet. They could easily lose their next two games against the Broncos and Cards.

Giants are a good team. I'll admit it now. Not sure if they'll continue playing to this level once they stop playing Falcon-caliber teams, but you can't deny their current success.

Skins will rebound. We have two incredibly easy games coming up (@ Jets, vs. Eagles), with a 6-3 record all but guaranteed.

Lots of ball left to play.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the lions success has done one thing... isiah thomas has officialy moved into first place on the "i am the worst GM in all the land" contest.

matt millen must be so proud.

I can't believe he (Isaiah) is still there.

But, yeah... It's just nice not being completely embarrassed by the Lions this year.

the lions success has done one thing... isiah thomas has officialy moved into first place on the "i am the worst GM in all the land" contest.

Considering how hard he's worked for the title these last few seasons, I'd say Millen is probably heartbroken.

BTW, Bucs bit the dust once again. Just one less playoff contender to worry about, I suppose. Saints are about to pass them up.

Penn State's finest :happy:

LemonMelon said:
BTW, Bucs bit the dust once again. Just one less playoff contender to worry about, I suppose. Saints are about to pass them up.

When was Tampa ever considered a playoff contender?? :huh:

zonelistener said:

He still lives in the Lehigh Valley area! I think someone told him not to buyin Detroit. :D

Interesting. Glad I'm not TOO close to him, though. That would make him north of the city, whereas I'm west.

When we went to Detroit in 1996 to see an NFL game we stayed in Windsor, Ont. because we were told that it was much safer.

I'll never forget that on a Saturday morning, the week before Christmas, and nary a soul was seen downtown. You'd think that shoppers would be everywhere but that wasn't the case. At least it worked in our favour as we met Steve Yzerman and company on their way to Joe Louis Arena.

I wasn't very impressed with what I saw in those three days but I'm sure there are very nice areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom