NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Donovan McNabb is out, does the line move down to 17?

Boom-tish.

I'll be here all week.

Hewson said:
So this Cleveland FG thing is quite interesting.
Logic says it should be good, but I'd like to see the rule.
For example what if a guy is kicking into a 55MPH wind (I know this is an absurd eample, but just for shits and giggles), kicks the ball, it sails up, through, then the wind knocks it back through onto the field, would that be considered good?

According to this ESPN piece, a ball that goes through the uprights, then comes back out before hitting something doesn't count.

Dawson's kick might have been unlike any other, but it was clearly legal under the rules, which read: "The entire ball must pass through the goal. In case wind or other forces cause it to return through the goal, it must have struck the ground or some object or person before returning."

I'm guessing here that air molecules don't count as objects; otherwise the clause at the end of the rule is vacuous.

phanan said:

It's possible, but teams will know how badly the Patriots will want to move down and not offer as much as the value of that pick. Then again, the Patriots might be inclined to take less just to get out of paying someone more guaranteed money than they just shelled out for Adalius Thomas. Either way, I see it as more of a negative for them.

Think about it - when was the last time a team further down in the first round traded up to a team in the top five? The only trades that have happened recently have been between teams already in the top five. And that's because it's just too much for a team to give up to even trade up to begin with, let alone turning around and paying someone an astronomical amount of money.

The Patriots might very well be stuck with the pick. Now, perhaps they'll luck out and get a superstar, but more often than not, you get a bust instead. Combine that with the possibility of getting their salary cap just a bit out of whack, and other teams might see it as an advantage NOT to make any deals with them.

You might be right, and I'll bet there's a lot of sentiment to that effect around the league. But it does only take one GM to be in love with a McFadden or Dorsey...and when you combine that with the Pats maybe being willing to take a bit less than some other team might to move out of the pick, I think a deal could get done.

Does anyone have multiple 1st-round picks this year? I'm too lazy to look it up :wink:

CTU2fan said:

You might be right, and I'll bet there's a lot of sentiment to that effect around the league. But it does only take one GM to be in love with a McFadden or Dorsey...and when you combine that with the Pats maybe being willing to take a bit less than some other team might to move out of the pick, I think a deal could get done.

Does anyone have multiple 1st-round picks this year? I'm too lazy to look it up :wink:

Dallas has two.

A deal could always get done, I agree. Recent history suggest otherwise, though.

If Dallas gave up their number ones and number two (along with a high pick in 2009), I think the Patriots would take that.

I'm not even joking though, really. The Eagles will do better without McNabb. I guarantee it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom