NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Those bastards ran back a kickoff. :tsk:

wouldn't that be six points though? Or do they score the game differently in Scotland.

Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi!

The girl who's hard to get!

Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi!

But you can win her yet......

Nevermind, I was thinking of the Pats playing the Silly Nannies.

zoney! said:

wouldn't that be six points though? Or do they score the game differently in Scotland.

They ran it to the 20 can't couldn't go anywhere after that. I think they may have gone backwards, actually.

NFL Star: Londoners Speak English?
SkyNews

Updated: 14:09, Friday October 26, 2007

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

The NFL player might want to check a map to see where he's playing Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

The Miami Dolphins play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.
:lmao: !!!

^ Yeah I saw that on PTI yesterday. Kornheiser said he thought Crowder was speaking in jest, knowing his "admission" would make a good quote. Dan Le Batard, on the other hand, insisted that he knows Crowder quite well and that he wasn't joking at all.

2.gif

Ok, I realize that the entire point of the London game is to expand marketing opportunities and fanbase in other countries, but what is the point, really? The fans there already have one football they're rabid over, do they really need another one?

Is this the first foray the NFL has made in this area, or have there been others?

I'm pretty sure this is the first regular-season NFL game being played out of the country, though preseason games have been played in Japan and Mexico in the past.

Also, on SportsCenter it was mentioned that Pete Cech (Chelsea goalkeeper) watched the Giants practice a bit and is now a Giants fan.

^ Yep I saw that.

I thought there was a regular season game played in Mexico, not just a preseason. Not sure though.

What a dog game to send over there though...I mean, the Dolphins?

Yes, you are correct, the Cards and 49ers played a regular season game in Mexico. That's not nearly as big a reach as playing in England though.

And I'm pretty sure the NFL thought the Giants-Dolphins game would have been an okay-but-not-5-star game to play in England when it was scheduled. They certainly wouldn't have sent the Colts-Patriots game over there.

I've decided to watch so that I can justify my anger with Andy Reid.

The new slogan should be:

"Eagles 2007! We Commit Penalties and Punt it Away!"

Friggin Dolphins. Do they want to win or not? :eyebrow: They're doing everything possible to choke this game away.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I wonder what they're going to do with those giant animatronic players once this is all over. :hmm:

And I am loving this Lions game right now. ;)

They'll be on ebay right next to the Popmart Lemon and the trabants.

Ooh we've got fans on the field. The networks not showing fans on the field is so lame. Yeah I know why, but it's still lame.

And I wish Colts/Pats was in London, better there than where it is. Fucking domes :(

Hey I've been there...except I was saying "Please kick it to Meggett!"

Why the hell do teams keep insisting on not putting a defender on Mike Vrabel when he comes in at the 1-yard line?

10 career catches, 10 touchdowns.

I don't think I've ever seen someone more open. Does every DC in the league have a brain fart when he reports eligible or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom