NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:
DP'd.

(just like your mom!) :wink:

sorry, i've been up since 5 am :reject:
And I don't care whar time you awoke ( I get up at 5AM every day), this kind of comment is uncalled for. Keep your discussion to football, and if you want to post rude sexual innuendos, don't do it about my (or anyone else's) mother...that shit may be cool in Canada, but not so much in my neck of the woods.
Grow up.

Another thing the media is hyping up is how good the AFC South supposedly is, and how the Colts are beating better teams. Granted, the AFC South is better than the AFC East, but last I checked, I think San Diego and Dallas are a lot better than any team the Colts have faced so far this year.

phanan said:
Another thing the media is hyping up is how good the AFC South supposedly is, and how the Colts are beating better teams. Granted, the AFC South is better than the AFC East, but last I checked, I think San Diego and Dallas are a lot better than any team the Colts have faced so far this year.

Don't forget, the Colts also beat that Tampa Bay Bucs juggernaut. I particularly liked how the Colts got credit for beating a "good" Saints team, but the Pats haven't beaten anybody because the Chargers stink.

The AFC East is pretty lousy, but the Pats are playing the NFC East which IMO is superior to the NFC South. It evens out in the end generally...I think everyone is just looking for an angle and waiting for week 9.

Jesus, Hewson. Grow a pair and lighten up. You're the one who's got a stick up his ass, not me. :|

That's all I have to say about it. Let's move on.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

not a single one of those guys is good enough to lick marvin harrison's nut sack.

Hewson said:
Dillon might be worthy of a few tongue strokes.

We really don't need such vulgar talk here, guys. I think there are other ways to get your point across.

DaveC said:
DP'd.

(just like your mom!) :wink:

sorry, i've been up since 5 am :reject:

DaveC said:
Jesus, Hewson. Grow a pair and lighten up. You're the one who's got a stick up his ass, not me. :|

That's all I have to say about it. Let's move on.

And Dave...come on. I shouldn't even have to say anything for you to know that saying stuff like this is not cool.

Thanks for making me have to go all wet blanket again, guys...:madwife:

Now..........................where were we?

Bonochick said:

We really don't need such vulgar talk here, guys. I think there are other ways to get your point across.

Vulgar, no...tasty, yes:

HotNuts16oz.jpg

Of course it is indeed entirely my fault. I expressed an opinion about a football team, got called petty, compared to U2Kitten (which is an insult in and of itself), and then get ripped on and told to grow up. The "DP" comment was a lame-ass attempt to be funny at 8 am after being awake almost all night, sure it may have been inappropriate but pretty much every one of us has said worse in here before (and it was not directed at you, Hewson, believe me). Somehow I was the only one publicly called out by a mod, though. :shrug:

I'm getting the eff out of this forum for the rest of the day. Go Rockies.

:sigh:

DaveC said:
Somehow I was the only one publicly called out by a mod, though. :shrug:

I also quoted Hewson and Headache in my post and reprimanded them, so I don't see how you are the only one who got called out. :shrug: I'd really rather not keep dragging this on and just get back to football, but it bugs me to see you acting like I'm being unfair and just picking on you.

I had a coffee and something to eat so I'm reasonably awake now, I did seem like a bit of a douche in my last few posts so please accept my apologies and chalk it up to temporary insanity :wink:

Carry on. :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:lol:

So, does this mean that the boys are going to start playing nice and acting like gentlemen now? :ohmy:

I don't know if I want to live in a world where an NFL thread like that exists.
C'mon, you're not a newbie, you know the harmony can't last...it'll just be 2 others going at it by the weekend.

get your popcorn ready...:corn:

Hewson said:
C'mon, you're not a newbie, you know the harmony can't last...it'll just be 2 others going at it by the weekend.

get your popcorn ready...:corn:

It won't be Justin and I. We've learned our lesson. :)

(And Dallas has a bye this week. :shh: )

Hewson said:
And I don't care whar time you awoke ( I get up at 5AM every day), this kind of comment is uncalled for. Keep your discussion to football, and if you want to post rude sexual innuendos, don't do it about my (or anyone else's) mother...that shit may be cool in Canada, but not so much in my neck of the woods.
Grow up.

The one and only time I made fun of someone's mother in this forum, he told me his mother died when he was young.

So yeah, it's probably best to lay off of the familial insults unless you want to end up like this guy.

CTU2fan said:

Don't forget, the Colts also beat that Tampa Bay Bucs juggernaut. I particularly liked how the Colts got credit for beating a "good" Saints team, but the Pats haven't beaten anybody because the Chargers stink.

The AFC East is pretty lousy, but the Pats are playing the NFC East which IMO is superior to the NFC South. It evens out in the end generally...I think everyone is just looking for an angle and waiting for week 9.

Pats got credit for destroying a "good" (at the time?) Chargers team.

To be honest, outside of the Cowboys (and this is questionable), I am not sure that either teams has really played anyone truly impressive.

And the Pats do have an overall more difficult schedule of the two teams (NFC East over the NFC South indeed).

The CowBoys need to rest after 7 weeks of non stop playing. I only see the Giants, Packers and Skins giving us any trouble for the rest of the season.

Funny letter from Bill Simmons's mailbag:

I am a Giants season-ticket holder and want to follow up on the Tiki Barber chemistry comment you made in your Week 7 column: Not only have Tiki's post-football comments galvanized the team, but they galvanized the fans as well. Twice this season during TV timeouts, the Giants have shown clips of the best running back performances in team history -- the No. 1 performance is Tiki's 200-plus game last season against the Skins. Both times when they've shown this, the entire stadium booed incredibly loud. He has brought everyone together in hatred. Eli must love hearing that!
--Jason F., New York

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | J. Jones named head of NFL Network committee
Rick Gosselin, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been named the head of its NFL Network committee. The league wants him to broker a deal with cable companies that has the potential of doubling the audience for its network.

Great. So much for unbiased coverage. :| The more Romo commercials the better, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom