NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea, um... anyone who thinks the steelers are the team that's gonna beat the patriots?

yeeeaaaa...

if the pats lose, it will be because they choke.

That was me who thought the Steelers had the best shot at beating them.

After tonight's clinic and Pittsburgh's choke earlier, um, perhaps not.

phanan said:

That was me who thought the Steelers had the best shot at beating them.

After tonight's clinic and Pittsburgh's choke earlier, um, perhaps not.

I'm a Steeler fan and thought that if the Pats and Steelers played 10 times, we could win one or two....it's really not about the Steelers, who I still think could beat any other team in the NFL despite today's loss....it's just that the Pats are in another league altogether.....they're unreal.

I've never seen a better team than this Patriots team, or a better QB than Tom Brady. Absolutely unbelievable how they are rolling through the NFL right now. I am in awe.

I also thought the Steelers would have a slight chance of beating the Patriots. The Steelers scare me much less tonight.

No spoken words said:
I'm tired of people giving a shit about running up the score. These are professionals, fucking stop them and then they cannot run the score up. I hate the Pats but, I just do not feel bad for teams they beat the shit out of. Fucking man up and stop them.
You'll come around on Dec 9th and join the whiners when Brady throws his 6th TD on 4th down against the Stillers while leading 63-3 with 22 seconds left on the clock.:wink:

randhail said:

A couple more misses and he'll just be another idiot kicker to Peyton.

But when he missed the kicks, did he bang his helmet? :)

Lost in the carnage was JP Losman's Romo-esque recovery and throw that led to Buffalo's only TD. I think Losman is actually pretty good, if Marshawn Lynch were healthy I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs.

Fake edit: OK maybe not since they'd have to pass 2 of Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Cleveland...will be tough.

zonelistener said:

To hold the Giants to one touchdown is not too bad.

The Giants stopped the Lions running game (snicker) and had three INTs, but the Giants offense did nothing with it.

Jon "we'll win ten games this year" Kitna :mad:

Yesterday's game was the one game we couldn't afford to lose and we blew it big time. I'll be crossing my fingers come Thursday.

And, after watching the last few Pats games, I really have to give them props. It really is amazing to watch a team like that.

They really are.

I sit here and watch this team right now, and I'm left thinking that this is the greatest team I've ever watched. Now, anything can happen over the rest of the season and into the playoffs, but if they keep this up, well, I just will consider myself lucky that I got to see a team I've always rooted for go down as possibly having the best NFL season in history.

Coming from the old days of the late 80's and early 90's, and watching every single game of the Rod Rust and Dick McPherson years (unless it was blacked out, of course), and sticking with them ever since I was a kid, it's just really, really sweet.

the only debate about the pats is how they would stack up against those great dallas teams, or great 49er teams, or great steeler teams, etc. etc.

they are clearly the class of this current NFL, by a landslide, but this current NFL is a watered down version, thanks to the cap. the pats could, and should, go undefeated, but they'll never have to face a team as good as those teams from the 80s and 90s had to face. there are no giants to the pats' 49ers, no 49ers to the pats' cowboys, etc. etc. etc.

phanan said:
They really are.

I sit here and watch this team right now, and I'm left thinking that this is the greatest team I've ever watched. Now, anything can happen over the rest of the season and into the playoffs, but if they keep this up, well, I just will consider myself lucky that I got to see a team I've always rooted for go down as possibly having the best NFL season in history.

Coming from the old days of the late 80's and early 90's, and watching every single game of the Rod Rust and Dick McPherson years (unless it was blacked out, of course), and sticking with them ever since I was a kid, it's just really, really sweet.

What, you don't miss the Hugh Millen era as much as I do? :wink:

WEEK 12

Thursday's Games

Packers vs Lions: Lions FTW
NYJ vs Dallas: Dallas FTW
Colts vs ATL: Colts FTW

Sundays Games

Saints vs Panthers: Panthers FTW

Bills vs Jaguars: Jaguars FTW

Raiders vs KC: KC FTW

Seattle vs Rams: Seattle FTW

Titans vs Bengals: Titans FTW

Washington vs TB: TB FTW

Vikings vs Giants: Giants FTW

Texans vs Browns: Browns FTW

SF vs AZ: AZ FTW

Ravens vs Chargers: Ravens FTW

Broncos vs Bears: Bears FTW

Eagles vs Patriots: Eagles FTW(because I go for any team against the Pats.)

Re: WEEK 12

Justin24 said:
Thursday's Games

Packers vs Lions: Lions FTW
NYJ vs Dallas: Dallas FTW
Colts vs ATL: Colts FTW

Sundays Games

Saints vs Panthers: Panthers FTW

Bills vs Jaguars: Jaguars FTW

Raiders vs KC: KC FTW

Seattle vs Rams: Seattle FTW

Titans vs Bengals: Titans FTW

Washington vs TB: TB FTW

Vikings vs Giants: Giants FTW

Texans vs Browns: Browns FTW

SF vs AZ: AZ FTW

Ravens vs Chargers: Ravens FTW

Broncos vs Bears: Bears FTW

Eagles vs Patriots: Eagles FTW(because I go for any team against the Pats.)

Is that who you're cheering for, or who you're picking to win? Because no way the Ravens and Eagles win those games.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I have a picture of me in front of the Family Zone holding my beer. :tongue:

HPIM1660.jpg

I'm about four beers in at this point, not counting the one I'm holding. :hi5:

Well, it looks likely that I'll be attending the Dec. 23 Bills vs. Giants game. My second ever NFL game! I'm looking forward to it, especially since that game will probably have significant playoff implications for both squads.

That in NY or Buffalo...in NY you'll freeze your ass, in Buffalo you'll freeze your ass off. Big difference :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

HPIM1660.jpg

I'm about four beers in at this point, not counting the one I'm holding. :hi5:

They gave those foam things away at the RCA Dome yesterday...I will post my less drunk picture later (I really did not take full advantage of the free liquor in the suite...I had to be somehwhat professional with clients and all in the suite.)

zonelistener said:

They gave those foam things away at the RCA Dome yesterday...I will post my less drunk picture later (I really did not take full advantage of the free liquor in the suite...I had to be somehwhat professional with clients and all in the suite.)

It amused me to no end (maybe because I was a little drunk) that the little kids around us kept hitting their parents with the foam thingys. :giggle:

Free liquor???? Damn it, Jeff. :madwife: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom