NFL 2007 Part 2 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #436
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I'm pretty sure piping in crowd noise is technically illegal. I'm also pretty sure that the Colts aren't the only team doing it.

But all these sanctimonious writers who have been pitting the Colts as paragons of virtue against the evil Patriots have got another think coming.
And throw in Dungy's pious comments after cameragate and his reaffirmation of them this week and you have pot and kettle.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 AM   #437
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


is there any doubt?

it would take a huge upset from this point on for it not to happen.
San Diego at home this weekend beating the Colts is not a huge upset, though the Clts are early 3 point favorites, obviously based on the fact that after yeasterday, the over/under on Addai rush yards for the game is 650.

Games vs. Jax, at Balt and vs Tenn could be stunmling blocks as well. I figure they'll be 14-2.

As for the Pats, I think they have a better shot at 16-0 than the Colts do of 15-1, but vs. Pitt, at Balt and strangely at your beloved NYG could all present the possibility of an upset.

But I actually think if the Pats lose it won't be one of those games, but a totally unexpected one, and the game at Buffalo could be the shocker.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #438
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 11:09 AM
I would normally agree about the Buffalo game, but historically the Patriots do very well when coming off of a bye, so I don't see it this year.

After everything that happened after Game 1, you know they'll be out for blood against the Jets, and the Dolphins in Foxboro in December never matters.

That leaves the Steelers and Eagles at home, and the Ravens on the road. Playing in Baltimore will be tough, but the fact that the Ravens have no offense kills that possibility. We saw how bad the Eagles are last night, so in my mind that leaves Pittsburgh as the biggest possibility.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #439
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 11:09 AM
And the 49ers are now 2-6 on the season, which means the Patriots, despite losing their own first round pick, are going to get a top ten player next year (or trade down and build up the picks again).
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

As for the main event, both defenses played great, the Colts were shorthanded, and that may have ultimately made the difference. Good game, should set up a whale of a rematch in Foxboro for the AFC championship game if all holds form.
I am not sure how much the "short-handedness" played into this game....I just think the Colts had their turnovers at the wrong time! Great game to watch.

I fully expected to see the Pats fans whine about the refs (some of the call where questionable), but pipped-in crowd noise? Are you serious? Based on an audio clip from the television? Get over yourselves!

It is a friggin' dome. You may have not had an opportunity to sit through a game in a dome...it does not take much to be loud in one (I was a Viking season ticket holder and have been to two Colts games while living here).
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #441
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
San Diego at home this weekend beating the Colts is not a huge upset, though the Clts are early 3 point favorites, obviously based on the fact that after yeasterday, the over/under on Addai rush yards for the game is 650.

Games vs. Jax, at Balt and vs Tenn could be stunmling blocks as well. I figure they'll be 14-2.

As for the Pats, I think they have a better shot at 16-0 than the Colts do of 15-1, but vs. Pitt, at Balt and strangely at your beloved NYG could all present the possibility of an upset.

But I actually think if the Pats lose it won't be one of those games, but a totally unexpected one, and the game at Buffalo could be the shocker.
This is right on!

What helps the Colts is that the Titans and Jags play at Indy. The Chiefs could also provide some trouble.

The Giants/Pats game could be interesting...maybe (defensively).
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #442
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
And throw in Dungy's pious comments after cameragate and his reaffirmation of them this week and you have pot and kettle.
No...pumping in crowd noise is not even in the same ballpark as videotaping and stealing defensive signals.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 12:09 PM
This game was such a mirror of last year's AFC Championship game. While the Pats let it get away late in that one, and you saw their D run out of gas...this time, Freeney & Mathis were running all over the Pats' O-line in the first half, but they couldn't sustain it.

And since the Pats won I can point out the shitty officiating (the first interference call on the Pats and the one on Bethea were the only legit ones). Personally I just hate games that are called like that, in any sport. It's tackle football, not 2-hand touch...let them play.

Re: pumping in crowd noise...it's not cheating, but for a team that loves to portray this All-American Good Guys image, well it shows their true colors. It just means they're trying, and looking for an edge...just like the Pats. But that doesn't fit the media's good (Colts) vs. evil (Pats) storyline, so I guess it didn't happen. Whatever.

But overall I was very impressed with the Colts' D, and with Addai. That defense is really quick and athletic; that's as good a D as I remember any of Dungy's Colts teams having. They frankly outplayed the Pats...that game wasn't looking good at all until the end.

Oh, and Randy Moss is pretty good
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #444
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


Re: pumping in crowd noise...it's not cheating, but for a team that loves to portray this All-American Good Guys image, well it shows their true colors. It just means they're trying, and looking for an edge...just like the Pats. But that doesn't fit the media's good (Colts) vs. evil (Pats) storyline, so I guess it didn't happen. Whatever.
Where is the proof?

They only proof people have is from a TV audio clip where there are multiple audio sources going into the broadcast.

Until there is proof...you guys sound just as idiotic as the Jets fan suing the Patriots for cheating!
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


No...pumping in crowd noise is not even in the same ballpark as videotaping and stealing defensive signals.
Its still breaking rules, which people seem to think Dungy is above, so maybe it was someone else who made the decision to do it, maybe Ben Utecht is in charge of it.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


Oh, and Randy Moss is pretty good
Eric Mangini was watching the game on TV after his triumphant OT loss to the 'Skins (he thinks thats as good as a win apparently), and called Goodell after Moss' one handed catch and filed a complaint for Moss using stickum. He says since Moss and Lester Tate both used to play for the Raiders, thats a smoking gun.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Re: pumping in crowd noise...it's not cheating, but for a team that loves to portray this All-American Good Guys image, well it shows their true colors. It just means they're trying, and looking for an edge...just like the Pats. But that doesn't fit the media's good (Colts) vs. evil (Pats) storyline, so I guess it didn't happen. Whatever.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


Where is the proof?

They only proof people have is from a TV audio clip where there are multiple audio sources going into the broadcast.

Until there is proof...you guys sound just as idiotic as the Jets fan suing the Patriots for cheating!
Listen to the clip, and tell me that you don't hear a flat cheering sound devoid of pitch dynamics that abruptly gets louder, hangs and then suddenly cuts out. The only other explanation is that CBS is piping it in, but I've never heard of a network doing this -- typically they just mike up the crowd, and the clip sounds way more like a mp3 hanging than microphone feedback problems.

EDIT: YouTube link below, watch it before the NFL demands that it be taken down.

__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #449
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I'm pretty sure piping in crowd noise is technically illegal. I'm also pretty sure that the Colts aren't the only team doing it.
Skins do it. I've never heard it myself, but many other fans have said they heard it. Doesn't do us much good.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 11-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #450
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Listen to the clip, and tell me that you don't hear a flat cheering sound devoid of pitch dynamics that abruptly gets louder, hangs and then suddenly cuts out. The only other explanation is that CBS is piping it in, but I've never heard of a network doing this -- typically they just mike up the crowd, and the clip sounds way more like a mp3 hanging than microphone feedback problems.

EDIT: YouTube link below, watch it before the NFL demands that it be taken down.

__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com