NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:

Why oh why do we always have to talk about the motherfucking Patriots???

:angry:

Yeah, we should spend more time discussing the Chiefs. Or the Texans.

DaveC said:

You know what I mean.

I know, I was being a jackass. Must be the Pats fan in me :wink:

I wish they could include Monday night in the flex thing, some of the Monday nighters have been real turkeys over the years. Take last night...that was one of the worst Monday nighters ever, unless you count the Steelers/Ravens a couple weeks ago.

^ Sunday night is basically Monday Night now with the big network game, ESPN doesn't garner the ratings for the NFL to give them the premier matchup.

CTU2fan said:

I wish they could include Monday night in the flex thing, some of the Monday nighters have been real turkeys over the years. Take last night...that was one of the worst Monday nighters ever, unless you count the Steelers/Ravens a couple weeks ago.

I LOVED the Steeler/Raven game a few weeks ago. One team beat the shit out of the other, and the team that administered said beating happens to be my favorite team.

No spoken words said:

I LOVED the Steeler/Raven game a few weeks ago. One team beat the shit out of the other, and the team that administered said beating happens to be my favorite team.
As I'm sure Seabag fans enjoyed last night.
But these games don't have too much broad appeal if they are less than marquee matchups and over by halftime as is the case the past few weeks.

Hewson said:
As I'm sure Seabag fans enjoyed last night.
But these games don't have too much broad appeal if they are less than marquee matchups and over by halftime as is the case the past few weeks.

Imagine if Pats/Dolphins was a Monday night game? That matchup shows up on Mondays pretty regularly.

Jets @ Pats, now that would be a good one.

Steelers/Ravens, at the time, was a match-up of a 6-2 and a 5-3 team, bitter division rivals, 2 hard hitting teams, etc. Nobody had interest in that, or are you looking at it in hindsight? Because I'd rather watch those 2 teams play each other than watch the Pats play the Bills.

No spoken words said:
Steelers/Ravens, at the time, was a match-up of a 6-2 and a 5-3 team, bitter division rivals, 2 hard hitting teams, etc. Nobody had interest in that, or are you looking at it in hindsight? Because I'd rather watch those 2 teams play each other than watch the Pats play the Bills.

Bills/Pats on Sunday night is a bit of a head-scratcher, though I guess the thought is NBC wants to show the Pats and the Bills are officially in playoff contention now. Time will tell whether or not they're for real though.

No I was looking at it in hindsight, but I honestly didn't think the Ravens could hang with Pitt, that offense is pretty bad. Lots of games look good going in though, and don't measure up.

You always got Monday night stinkers in the past though...it just seems more so now I guess because of the cap and parity. Also with FOX & CBS being able to hold games back it doesn't help...I assume ESPN would have rather had Cowboys/Giants but FOX wouldn't give it up.

No spoken words said:

Meh. Thought it was going to be a little more laughable.
The guy's enthusiasm for a kick for the lead with plenty of time left in a regular season game is whats really funny...compounded by him thrice proclaiming it "good" while the officials wave there arms.

No spoken words said:
Baltimore's offense is so anemic that they just aren't an entertaining watch. Pitt/Cincy would have been more compelling and certainly more entertaining even though the Been Gals are 3-6. The point spread on the game was double digits which tells you how competitive its likely to be.

And the Pats/Bills matchup falls into the same category...likely one sided. The only difference for NBC is the Pats are the showcase team right now like the 80's Niners or 90's Cowboys..they polarize so the ratings should be good (for the first half at least) cause they have a lot of fans and even more haters (as a Yankee fan you should understand this ratings phenomenon).

Hewson said:
The guy's enthusiasm for a kick for the lead with plenty of time left in a regular season game is whats really funny...compounded by him thrice proclaiming it "good" while the officials wave there arms.

Combined with his Michael-Stipe-on-helium voice that makes him sound a bit silly no matter what he says.

No spoken words said:

Actually, the Ravens were only 4-3 at that point, and they were lucky to even have that.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm taking bets on how fast the Lions crash and burn with their remaining schedule, starting... NOW.

Lions will go 2-5 the rest of the way. :yes: They'll probably beat the Chiefs and Packers at home. Other than that...not looking too good for them.

I'm gonna say the Lions finish at 10-6 and clinch the wild card. They are currently undefeated at home, and with the exception of the Dallas game, I think they win the other three. Plus, I think they'll beat the Vikings in Minnesota, especially if Peterson is out for an extended period of time.

I win. :wink:

phanan said:
I'm gonna say the Lions finish at 10-6 and clinch the wild card. They are currently undefeated at home, and with the exception of the Dallas game, I think they win the other three. Plus, I think they'll beat the Vikings in Minnesota, especially if Peterson is out for an extended period of time.

I win. :wink:

I won't put money on this (would never put money on the Lions, my momma rasied me right :wink: ), but if he wins he'll get something much better than family fun zone season tix. :hi5:

:lol:

CTU2fan said:

I think the bigger question is, what would the reaction have been from all the Belichick-haters had the Pats done the same.

Not really a bigger question only because you have answered it in your original post. The only difference between a Belichic hater and and Colt/Dungy/Mannign Hater is who they cheer for.

CTU2fan said:

Stop using your fandom as some sort of lie/crutch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom