NFL 2007 Part 2 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #301
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,476
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


ManJudas will be looking for work in January...and nobody will hire him.
Hope he looks good in an orange apron.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #302
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Anyone else love how the media is going into overkill drive about how the Patriots are "running up the score"?



Perhaps the Redskins should have stopped Matt Cassel instead...
Continuing to throw the ball and attack the other team when you're up by 40 isn't running up the score.

Going for it on 4th down when you're up by 40, is, in fact, running up the score.
__________________

__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 10:50 AM
I disagree with that LM, they could have kicked a field goal there and taken certain points. They gave the skins defense a chance to stop them w/o any points - they didn't.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,367
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
ManJudas will be looking for work in January...and nobody will hire him.
Hope he looks good in an orange apron.
yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.
Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,476
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
I disagree with that LM, they could have kicked a field goal there and taken certain points. They gave the skins defense a chance to stop them w/o any points - they didn't.
Correct...coaches view kicking a gimme FG in that situation as running it up, not running the ball.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,476
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?
I say the spread will be over 20, and I say give give give.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Correct...coaches view kicking a gimme FG in that situation as running it up, not running the ball.

Of course, didn't they THROW the ball on the very next play. That'll stick in your craw.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 10:50 AM
I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Its funny I think the only reason I like Belichick is because everyone else hates him so much.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #311
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.
Get off the Patriots' jock, please. Perhaps there actually is something to all of this hating on the Pats. Maybe Belichick is a dick. Is there something wrong with pointing it out? Must I bow before him because his team is off the charts? Is it wrong to point out poor sportsmanship simply because his team is good?

Belichick is a great coach, but come on guys, he's not that great. The reason the Pats have such a brilliant team is because of how incredible their front office is. The team that front office and scouting department has put together is legendary. Without Brady, Belichick would be nothing. Want me to bring up his record when coaching the Browns? It's poor. Very poor. Knock out Brady or injure someone on that line, and the wheels come off.

But until then, Belichick will continue to get praised, even though he's stupid enough to film on the opposing team's sideline with a gigantic video camera that someone with cataracts could have noticed.
__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,562
Local Time: 02:50 PM
Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.
__________________
BEAL is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #313
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.
Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28
__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,476
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Wow you edited the "He's not that good" out just as I went to quote it.

Whats his playoff record?
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,391
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Jim, tell him what he's won!!
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com