NFL 2007 Part 2 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

ManJudas will be looking for work in January...and nobody will hire him.
Hope he looks good in an orange apron.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #302
The Male

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Anyone else love how the media is going into overkill drive about how the Patriots are "running up the score"?

Perhaps the Redskins should have stopped Matt Cassel instead...
Continuing to throw the ball and attack the other team when you're up by 40 isn't running up the score.

Going for it on 4th down when you're up by 40, is, in fact, running up the score.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 AM
I disagree with that LM, they could have kicked a field goal there and taken certain points. They gave the skins defense a chance to stop them w/o any points - they didn't.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
ManJudas will be looking for work in January...and nobody will hire him.
Hope he looks good in an orange apron.
yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.
Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
I disagree with that LM, they could have kicked a field goal there and taken certain points. They gave the skins defense a chance to stop them w/o any points - they didn't.
Correct...coaches view kicking a gimme FG in that situation as running it up, not running the ball.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?
I say the spread will be over 20, and I say give give give.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Correct...coaches view kicking a gimme FG in that situation as running it up, not running the ball.

Of course, didn't they THROW the ball on the very next play. That'll stick in your craw.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Its funny I think the only reason I like Belichick is because everyone else hates him so much.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #311
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.
Get off the Patriots' jock, please. Perhaps there actually is something to all of this hating on the Pats. Maybe Belichick is a dick. Is there something wrong with pointing it out? Must I bow before him because his team is off the charts? Is it wrong to point out poor sportsmanship simply because his team is good?

Belichick is a great coach, but come on guys, he's not that great. The reason the Pats have such a brilliant team is because of how incredible their front office is. The team that front office and scouting department has put together is legendary. Without Brady, Belichick would be nothing. Want me to bring up his record when coaching the Browns? It's poor. Very poor. Knock out Brady or injure someone on that line, and the wheels come off.

But until then, Belichick will continue to get praised, even though he's stupid enough to film on the opposing team's sideline with a gigantic video camera that someone with cataracts could have noticed.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #313
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.
Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Wow you edited the "He's not that good" out just as I went to quote it.

Whats his playoff record?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Jim, tell him what he's won!!