Next Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
so we've got all kinds of retrospective threads on 2005, how about 2006? there was that "oh there's no big name touring bands touring in 06, whatever shall we do?" thread, but i haven't seen any real discussion on what's coming up in 2006.

a few of my favorite bands (the kinds that no one here cares about), or their frontmen are releasing side project/solo albums. all of which i'm looking forward to hearing.

concert-wise, i'll be seeing the dropkick murphys in march, one of the shows that makes up their annual st. patty's bash in boston. and a few weeks before that, i'll be seeing nine inch nails right here on campus.

you?

Currently I have tickets for BRMC and Billy Joel in February, and am looking forward to the Strokes whenever they hit the road for the new album.

Soul Asylum is to relase a new album in March of 2006. Yahoooo!!!!! First studio album since 1997. If they tour to support it I'm there. I don't care where I just want to see them again. I haven't seen them since 1993 and they were wicked live.

Hallucination said:
Soul Asylum is to relase a new album in March of 2006. Yahoooo!!!!! First studio album since 1997. If they tour to support it I'm there. I don't care where I just want to see them again. I haven't seen them since 1993 and they were wicked live.

soul asylum? really?? now that's interesting.

i'm definitely looking forward to new radiohead. :up:

i think the arcade fire will be working on their new album next year. as to when it will be released... who knows?

i'm seeing stars in february. hopefully if they can get their remix cd together next year, i'll be looking forward to that as well.

*edited to add:

i think this is the first time i've seen IWB use the sexywink! :ohmy:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

:bow:

Aren't The Arcade Fire supposed to be releasing a new album in 2006 as well?

That would be sweet. Belle and Sebastian also have a new one due out......as does Morrissey.

UnforgettableLemon said:
The Pogues. Touring the US. DC on March 10. I'm going to try to get there if it kills me.

fuck yeah.

dammit, i wish i could go...the 14th, i think is when they're in boston. why does spring break have to be the week afterwards? :angry:

Sigur Ros, for sure, I hear Oasis will be around again, with rumor of Stereophonics to open which would be brilliant, Coldplay comes around again, however I fully bought my ticket for one reason only and thats to see RICHARD ASHCROFT!!! So excited, and that to me is worth the price of the ticket alone!

My favourite band is releasing an album next year with a tour to follow so I'm pleased.

I'm sure there are other releases I'm looking forward to as well, but for the life of me I can't remember what they are right now. :shrug:

next year, I really want to see The Arcade Fire and Radiohead live

or atleast buy their new albums, because I respect them too much to download their stuff elsewhere

A new Radiohead album is enough to make it a year worth anticipating.

I'm a big Steely Dan fan, so the first new Donald Fagen solo record in 12 years is a welcome release (Jan or Feb).

And hell, maybe Guns 'n' Roses will finally crawl out of the cave. With Axl, you just never know.

Well 2006.....hopefully a new Arcade Fire album. And I hope to see The Darkness and Keane if they come back to Montreal to tour or support new efforts :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Well 2006.....hopefully a new Arcade Fire album. And I hope to see The Darkness and Keane if they come back to Montreal to tour or support new efforts :drool:

The Darkness put on a great show last year at the Verdun auditorium. Too bad I got hit on by a guy in a mullet wig and bandana.

I have tickets for Sigur Ros, Coldplay and Elvis Costello and will probably end up seeing Son Volt, David Gray and Radiohead, assuming they tour.

Would love to see Clapton and the Stones if I get the chance, as well as Arcade Fire and Franz Ferdinand.

Sting, Pearl Jam and Snow Patrol will all release new albums and start tours in 2006.

Looking forward to the new Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Arcade Fire (hopefully) and Smashing Pumpkins (maybe?) releases......and I'm sure there's lots of other acts I enjoy that will come roaring back with something new.

Back
Top Bottom