next seasons premiership top 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prideofzootv

War Child
ok who do you think will top next seasons 6 positions?

i think in order it will go: -

Man unt
Chelsea
Liverpool
Middlesbrough
Arsenal
Newcastle (possibly above arsenal but defo top 6!)

anyone else think different?

Middlesbrough???? are you insane?

Man United
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton

i think that's the most likely outcome. i'd love to think villa might make top 6 but being realistic that is probably unlikely.

It's hard to get excited aboust something oh-so-predictable. I do my best to try and make it interesting for once.

1. Portsmouth
2. Chelski Scum
3. Man Utd Scum
4. Liverpool
5. Derby County
6. Bolton

^The only one in yours likely right is Chelsea, but I praise you for being optimistic:wink:

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Everton

What about who do you think will go down?

Derby County, Fulham and Bolton to really bomb.

How come this league never changes? It's always Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea Everton etc at the top... wherres the unpredictability? Wheres the change? Why would you even bother playing/watching/supporting another team if you know you will ever have a chance?

Sadly this league rarely does change, well not for the past 5 years anyway. although with a few clubs now having a bit more money to spend and having good managers at the helm to boot (sven, o'neill, allardyce), perhaps some teams from outside the 'big four' can really try and make a push to break the monotony of it all.

arsenal look the most vunerable at the moment but come May it'll probably be the same old story, the same four at the top.

Did Chelsea already got that new brazilian wonder kid ? the Alexander Duck ?

Pato? No they haven't got him. Inter or AC MIlan want him too. can't remember which one though. He's meant to be very good.

hmm
i'm not convinced man u will be on top this year... though they've done more than chelski has this summer.

nevertheless:

man united
LIVERPOOL (this is a very hungry team)
chelsea
reading (come on... it would be awesome if they not only made it to europe, but the champions league at that)
arsenal
man city (sven will make things work there, and man city will go deep into the uefa cup the year after)

there.

is that at least more interesting than what will likely play out?

Wouldn't surprise me if Fulham were up there, they've made some very good buys.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me if they turned out for another nondescript campaign either.

COBL_04 said:
How come this league never changes? It's always Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea Everton etc at the top... wherres the unpredictability? Wheres the change? Why would you even bother playing/watching/supporting another team if you know you will ever have a chance?

Cause there's other amazing things to play for, such as UEFA Cup places and avoiding relegation.

If you want proper competitive football, Bundesliga is where it's at...

Oh yeah because avoiding relegation is something to get excited about. Pointless.

Just adds more reasons to the already long list of why I hate soccer.

1stepcloser said:

Man United
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton

i think that's the most likely outcome. i'd love to think villa might make top 6 but being realistic that is probably unlikely.

Predictable, but :up:

COBL_04 said:
Oh yeah because avoiding relegation is something to get excited about. Pointless.

Just adds more reasons to the already long list of why I hate soccer.

More exciting than willing your team to finish last on the ladder because you want priority draft picks.....

Yes but when they get draft picks it enables them to rebuild are relaunch a shot at the flag in a few years time.

Not just avoid going down only to know that you will be fighting it off the following year.

intedomine said:

More exciting than willing your team to finish last on the ladder because you want priority draft picks.....

That really only happens in NBA basketball. In American football/baseball/hockey/etc. one draft pick can't change a team by himself, and it's just not worth the lost revenue and pride to tank an entire season. I would guess the same would be true of soccer as well (if somehow a draft were to be implemented).

Last edited:
speedracer said:

That really only happens in NBA basketball. In American football/baseball/hockey/etc. one draft pick can't change a team by himself, and it's just not worth the lost revenue and pride to tank an entire season. I would guess the same would be true of soccer as well (if somehow a draft were to be implemented).

Yup, I was talking about it on relation to the AFL

intedomine said:
It encourages teams to lose....

It may encourage them, but I don't subscribe to the theory. Carlton are sitting on four wins now with seven games to go. They will win another game if the opportunity presents itself.

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Newcastle - if injuries arent too bad! (come on the Toon!)
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs

1stepcloser said:
Pato? No they haven't got him. Inter or AC MIlan want him too. can't remember which one though. He's meant to be very good.

I've seen this kid play , and he IS very good , true he is very young I think he's still 17 , but he's already a world champion .

U see in the last Fifa U20 Cup , though Brazil got away very early he scored some really nice goals .

I think he remembers me of a young Ronaldo in his best days , or nowadays he plays like C. Ronaldo , but not like a winger , he can play as a winger , but he's much more like a traditional striker .

Mark my words this kid will soon lead Brazil's attack and be a best world player

LIVERPOOL - torres will save us!!!
Man Utd
Chealski
Everton - as much as i hate to say it, timmy cahill if he stays fit will have a big season
Arsenal
West Ham - Made a few good buys over and should do alot better than last season

Pre season/tournament predictions usually come back to haunt me, but:

Man United
Livepool
Chelsea
Spurs
Newcastle
Arsenal

Angela Harlem said:

marry me. :sad: for a big surprise, i'd love to see pool actually win the premiership for once.

:lol:

1: Man Utd
2: Arsenal
3: Liverpool
4: Chelsea
5: Spurs
6: Portsmouth

i'll bet you everything i have that arsenal will not finish in the top 2.

that's absurd, i'm sorry. it really is.

Angela Harlem said:
my mother in law is from west ham :wink: she doesn't talk about it much, though.
:shifty:

Sorry to keep talking about it guys, but I just fail to understand why someone would even bother to barrack for a team like West Ham if they know, year-in year-out that you are only going to be fighting off relegation. And if you do, celebrate. Then realise it's going to be the same again next year. I just don't get it :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom