next seasons premiership top 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about the Blackburn Rovers fairytale of '95?

And what about the Eredivisie last season? Az Alkmaar?

Hearts of '06?

The German Bundesliga? Bayer Leverkusen?

Zoomerang96 said:
i'll bet you everything i have that arsenal will not finish in the top 2.

that's absurd, i'm sorry. it really is.

They've looked like quite a tight unit during this pre-season games and have won two trophies including the Amsterdam Cup last night. Everybody has written them off simply because they've lost Henry but there is so much talent running throughout the squad. They just missed out on 3rd last season even without the likes of Henry, Gallas, and especially v.Persie for long periods of time so they still have much to offer. Granted they are the dark horses for next season but I think that will work to their advantage. Is it really that absurd? I'm not trying to defend Wigan here. :)

As predictable as ever, I expect Man Utd and Chelsea to once again dominate the league, closely followed by Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.

And call me crazy, but I think Sunderland will surprise everyone this season. Roy Keane has had an incredible impact and you can't fault the club's ambition (they've just bought Craig Gordan for 9 million who is one of the most talented young goalkeepers in Europe, and they'll probably have Mido by the end of the week). I think they could sneak into the top 10.

man u
chelsea
spurs
liverpool
arsenal
......... then 10 points back sunderland, villa, everton....

COBL_04 said:
Yes but when they get draft picks it enables them to rebuild are relaunch a shot at the flag in a few years time.

As witnessed by the success of the Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, Detroit "why don't we draft another WR in the first round for a change" Lions, etc

if liverpool don't finish top two this year, i'll change my avatar to anything the first chelsea fan to post after this, would like.

that's an awkward sentence. i hope you get the idea though.

man united and liverpool will finish top two this year.

end of discussion.

Zoomerang96 said:

man united and liverpool will finish top two this year.

end of discussion.

well i'd like this discussion to carry on because i can't see anyone finishing above chelsea or man united. as much as i hate chelsea they are still a machine under jose and although they play boring football it is effective.

liverpool have bought well but i can't see them winning the league this year.

COBL_04 said:

Sorry to keep talking about it guys, but I just fail to understand why someone would even bother to barrack for a team like West Ham if they know, year-in year-out that you are only going to be fighting off relegation. And if you do, celebrate. Then realise it's going to be the same again next year. I just don't get it :shrug:

Well, some of us are old enough to remember Man Utd being relegated and Nottingham Forest and Leeds winning titles

1. Chelsea <-- Shevchenko's goals to win it for them
2. Man Utd <-- Will go right down to the wire, but just miss out
3. Liverpool <-- Will take a year for Torres to adjust
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Bolton <-- I just don't see why there are so many predictions of doom

Bottom five:
16. Birmingham
17. Fulham
18. Wigan <-- Their time is up
19. Sunderland <-- Yes Keane did well last season, but this is the premiership
20. Derby

ormy28 said:

6. Bolton <-- I just don't see why there are so many predictions of doom

perhaps because boltons guiding force for the past 8 years has been replaced by a man with no managerial experience? and boltons rock at the heart of defence has been sold to chelsea too.

i can see bolton struggling this year, not going down but definitely bottom half.

Is this the Prem thread then? Odd bunch of results this weekend. Like Sunderland mugging Spurs.

Oh and Ipswich whacked Sheffield Wednesday 4-1! By all accounts it was a pretty crap Wednesday side and there's going to be much better teams down at Portman Road this season but still. Woo hoo.

we should start a new thread. yertle i give you the honours.

and for the record, i'd like to predict comfortable that birmingham will finish at the very bottom of the table.

Zoomerang96 said:
birmingham will finish at the very bottom of the table.

that's what we all want to hear and would all love to see.

disgraceful team. their defence was a complete shambles today.

1stepcloser said:
Pato? No they haven't got him. Inter or AC MIlan want him too. can't remember which one though. He's meant to be very good.

Milan has payed 22 million euros for Pato! crazy, i would have never done it, he's just 17 years old, too much for someone, so young, who hasn't showed nothing actually. I'm happy with David Suazo, he's perfect with Ibrahimovic, hope Inter will function in CL this year

Back
Top Bottom