Next on Fox Sports New England... Lakers @ The Celtics, Live from Derek Jeter Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
BOSTON -- Could the sports arena in downtown Boston, smack in the middle of Red Sox Nation, would be named after one of the hated New York Yankees?

Maybe, for one day. Or maybe not. The FleetCenter hasn't decided.

It's been selling one-day naming rights for charity while it tries to line up a new long-term naming deal.

The winning bid for Tuesday's naming rights was made by a New York attorney. Kerry Konrad bid $2,300 on eBay. He wants the arena to be known as Derek Jeter Center, in honor of the Yankees' captain and shortstop.

Not so fast, said FleetCenter spokesman Jim Delaney. Delaney said he told Konrad that his naming request might not be accepted.

Konrad is a Harvard graduate with a 20-year rivalry with some of his Boston classmates.

A decision could come today. The FleetCenter is the home of the NBA Celtics and NHL Bruins.

I still say for May 24, 26 and 28 it should be Hewson's Headache Center.
Anyway they should allow it, I think it would be funny.
Especially since the Sox are reigning WS champs, so nobody should have any big chip on their shoulder about it.
Although maybe Jeter should be allowed to give it his blessing or refusal.

Hewson said:
I still say for May 24, 26 and 28 it should be Hewson's Headache Center.
Anyway they should allow it, I think it would be funny.
Especially since the Sox are reigning WS champs, so nobody should have any big chip on their shoulder about it.
Although maybe Jeter should be allowed to give it his blessing or refusal.

agreed... on all counts... especially the Hewson Headache Center.

fleet.jpg

I heard on the radio that the gentleman who bought the rights and his Bostonian friend agreed to call it the Jimmy Fund Center, after one of the Red Sox's favorite charities (children's cancer research, I believe).

:up:

This was a great story, and I sooooo wish Fleet HAD been renamed the Derek Jeter Center for a day.

The Red Sox FINALLY win the World Series, and their fans are STILL obsessed with the Yankees and New York in general...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom