Newsflash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
sorry mods, I am not sure where to post this.
This is awful.
[q]Search on for Fetus Cut From Mother's Womb

Fri Dec 17, 9:51 AM ET Top Stories - AP

SKIDMORE, Mo. - Police were trying to find an infant they believe could still be alive after being cut from the womb of its mother, slain in her northwest Missouri home Thursday afternoon.

The Nodaway County Sheriff's Department issued an Amber Alert about 12:30 a.m. for the child, believed to be female. The alert said police were looking for a suspect who may have blond hair who possibly was driving a red vehicle. The sheriff's department said officials did not know if the person they were looking for was a man or woman.

"I believe there is a live 8-month-old fetus out there we need to find," Sheriff Bill Espey said.

The child's mother, Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, was eight months pregnant. Her mother found her inside her home and called police at 3:38 p.m. Paramedics tried to revive the young woman, who was pronouced dead later at St. Francis Hospital in Maryville.

"Someone was wanting a baby awful bad," Espey said.

The Missouri Major Case Squad, the Missouri State Highway Patrol and an investigation team from neighboring Buchanan County were assisting Nodaway County officials in the investigation.

An autopsy was to be conducted in Kansas City by the Jackson County medical examiner.

"We're looking into strangulation," the sheriff said. "We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found."

Espey said there were no visible signs of struggle on the victim's body, and no indication of forced entry into her small white home in this small community of about 500, located north of St. Joseph in the extreme northwest corner of Missouri.

The sheriff said Stinnett worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville, was married little more than a year and had been expecting her first child.

A neighbor, Bill Dragoo, said she raised rat terrier dogs.

Two rat terrier Web sites carry the name of Zeb and Bobbie Stinnett and a listing at the couple's West Elm Street address is under Zeb's name.

The sheriff said the couple had no known enemies and were well-liked in the neighborhood.

"They stayed to themselves," said Dragoo. "They didn't bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn't deserve this."

___

Information from: St. Joseph News-Press, http://www.stjoenews-press.com [/q]

That makes me feel really sick.
Some people are truely horrendous.

:mad:
What kind of person does this? Killing a 23 year old and taking away the baby?

This is quite possibly the saddest story I've heard all year. My heart goes out to all her family and friends.

beli said:
This happens a fair bit. Though not normally in the developed world.

Tis sad. :sad:
Where else has this happened? This is truly the first time I have heard of anything like this. I wonder what the world is coming too. I dont even want to watch the news anymore.

In brief, because its an awful subject.

*war zones primarily
* baby stealing places

I think its probably best that you google it.

Actually I think its best that you dont google it, if you know what I mean. Once those kinda stories are in your head theyre very difficult to get out. Thats what I think anyway.

that's so sad... :sad:

the same thing happened here... in a little town a young pregnant woman was expecting her appointment in a hospital, she took a glass of water and she felt asleep...

when she woke up she was on the middle of nowhere without her unborn baby and her womb full of leaves and dirt. her 4 year old daughter could help her and she called the police who took the mom to the hospital and started to search the baby.

two days after the cops found the little baby alive with the woman who took him out of the mother's womb...

I go to school in Missouri and they ran the alert on TV around midnight. I didn't find out about what actually happened until today. :( It's just so incredibly sad and horrific.

The baby is on her way home. What a nightmare. They say this is not the first time this has happened. People are sick, and some are very desperate because they can't find a healthy baby to adopt these days. But there is no excuse for this.

Another thing on this story, it was just reported that the murderer and victim met on an ONLINE MESSAGE BOARD :yikes: They were discussing dog breeding, became friends, the victim posted about her personal life, pregnancy, pictures of herself, and told the woman her address. She came saying she wanted to look at a dog and killed her.:( Evidence was easily traced back through the posts. See, you never know who's looking when you post your pics and get personal online.

Last edited:
This is awful. And so close to Christmas, too. :sad: How people can steal someone's unborn child and live with themselves is beyond me.

:sad: I read this while I was at work today and had to click out of it before I even finished reading the article. I just couldn't finish it. How horrible. :(

You really have to watch who you take up with on message boards, you never know who's nuts.

a little picture of baby Victoria Jo

942-baby.JPG

Back
Top Bottom