New Zealand's South African Safari Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
smithsucks.jpg

:grumpy:

Ah well, looking at it this way, I couldn't have expected any less.

Oh, Tim, you should have put Affirmative Boula on the EP. :wink:

They asked Dr. Zuma but she looked very grim / She said "I can't play cricket, got a health problem" / Not ebooooola / An affirmative boula / She's not a very fast bouuula...

:lol:

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, Tim, you should have put Affirmative Boula on the EP. :wink:

They asked Dr. Zuma but she looked very grim / She said "I can't play cricket, got a health problem" / Not ebooooola / An affirmative boula / She's not a very fast bouuula...

:lol:

:lmao:

I put TMHJR on there because of the mainly English content & that last line "They took my TV last night, but it's better than living down under". :lol:

Game tonight. :hyper:

Fleming remembers the first game I saw in South Africa! :hyper:

Stephen Fleming, New Zealand captain, will go into the first of five one-day internationals against South Africa on Sunday with a vivid memory of a mistake he made on a previous visit to Springbok Park.

"We misread the pitch," said Fleming of a 2003 World Cup encounter against Sri Lanka. "We thought it would be hard, fast and bouncy and went in without a spinner. It turned out more like a sub-continent pitch and we were beaten."

Not tonight. :dance:

from cricinfo:

-New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first

-New Zealand team:
*SP Fleming, NJ Astle, L Vincent, HJH Marshall, CD McMillan,
JDP Oram, +BB McCullum, DL Vettori, AR Adams, KD Mills, SE Bond.

-South Africa team:
*GC Smith, HH Gibbs, JH Kallis, AG Prince, JM Kemp,
HH Dippenaar, +MV Boucher, SM Pollock, CK Langeveldt, M Ntini,
A Nel.

New Zealand at 71/3 after 17 overs. It looked like they were going along quite nicely and were headed for slightly above 250 until Fleming got out.

Now it looks like 250 would be a bit of a stretch.

Well, just ignore my ignorant post above.

Thanks to a strong 75-run partnership between McMillan and Oram, New Zealand are now at 185/5 after 40 overs. Certainly well within reach of 250.

Let us not talk about this game and instead focus on my defeat of South Africa with New Zealand in stick cricket. :happy:

What cricket? :shifty: :wink:

I haven't seen it yet thanks to Fox Sports thinking that the A1 Grand Prix & Premier League Soccer were more imporant. :mad: :angry:

This series may be closer than I thought. :hyper:

timothius said:

This series may be closer than I thought. :hyper:

Maybe. I reckon the win was a fluke, however. Of course, I can't really give any honest speculation on this BECAUSE CRICKET APPARENTLY DOESN'T EXIST IN CANADA. :madspit:

We got lotsa cricket, no wait, those are grasshoppers.:wink:

You should move to TO, GG, apparently they get the odd exhibition cricket game in the Skydome. Big cricket fan population their due to the large multiethnic population.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Leon Schuster :up:

The only South African comedian worth talking about. :up: I'll never forget the skit he did in Checkers with his "secret sauce" hamburger patties. :laugh: Those poor people almost vomited.

New Zealand 1 Stephen Fleming (capt), 2 Nathan Astle, 3 Lou Vincent, 4 Craig McMillan, 5 Scott Styris, 6 Jacob Oram, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori, 9 Andre Adams, 10 Kyle Mills, 11 Shane Bond, 12 James Franklin

South Africa (probable) 1 Graeme Smith, 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Hereschelle Gibbs, 5 Ashwell Prince, 6 Mark Boucher, 7 Justin Kemp, 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Charl Langeveldt, 10 Nicky Boje, 11 Andre Nel, 12 Makhaya Ntini

Oram & Styris had injury clouds on them but have both been passed fit. On paper this should be a close contest. My gut feeling is a comforatblish NZ victory tonight... but I might be wrong.

South Africa batted first, and wound up with 201/9 after 50 overs.

So far, looking good for New Zealand, but they'll have to be careful not to lose too many wickets early.

After 23 overs, New Zealand is 110/4. The required run rate is only 3.41, needing only 92 runs. So long as they play smart, they'll win.

McCullum's stumping dismissal can best be described as daylight robbery. The third umpire, Karl Hurter, a native of Port Elizabeth, gave possibly the most obvious home-town favouring decision I have ever seen. His home should be looted and pilfered by the masses. :mad:

Oram, McCullum, and Vettori are all out. Vincent is looking great, but he can't do it by himself.

Awesome.

Thank you Mr Ian Howell, brilliant call. :up: :rolleyes: :sad:

Just to point out, as the CI comms didn't pick it up, Vettori's dismissal was "caught". The ball hit his pad and missed the bat by a good 6 inches (I am being conservative with this estimate). Ian Howell unsuprisingly is the local umpire. I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

45 runs needed from the final ten overs. Vincent could probably do it all by himself, so long as Franklin, Mills, and Adams give him the chance.

Not only is Vincent a fantastic bat... but you couldn't meet a nicer guy, seriously. By far the most accomidating public figure I have ever met. :up:

This has been an awesome innings btw. :drool:

Congratualations South Africa. :)

I'm not really quiet sure who played a bigger part in this loss, the NZ players or the SA umpires. In any event, NZ had their chances and aside from Lou, they didn't take them. Anyway, NZ will be hardpressed to win the series from here - but you do get the sense watching that they are the better team, they just need to get their ducks in a row.

Back
Top Bottom