New Zealanders, come mourn with me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
What the hell is happening in the cricket right now? We were doing alright, we were even competitive against Australia, but now ... McGrath AND Gillespie made half centuries! Now we're 6/68 in the second innings. I can't believe it. That sixth wicket to fall was completely devastating - I sat there looking at my television, dumbfounded. This is appalling, absolutely appalling.

I'm glad I didn't go. I had the chance to but no-one organised plans. Thankfully. It would have been too depressing to be there. I love watching New Zealand play, but not when they fall apart like this.

And there goes another one. 7/69.

I think I'll turn the TV off now. This is horrible.

I kept the TV on out of morbid curiousity. I wish I hadn't. NZ's all out for 76, our third lowest score ever against Australia, and the game's over.

:sad:

Waddaya wanna be: a walla wallaby... sorry wrong sport.:wink:

Go Aussies. I love cricket. Australia is so good. Really miss Steve and Mark Waugh though....

Yes, what did happen to New Zealand?????

OK, this thread deserves a bit of a bump. New Zealanders (am I the only one?), we no longer need to mourn!

I can't believe it. New Zealand's doing well in the cricket. In the three match one day series, we BEAT Australia in the first game, almost won the second, and the third was abandoned due to rain. Yes, I was at the third. Yes, I stared at an empty field for four or more hours. Yes, it sucked.

Daniel Vettori is better than anyone Australia has and they know it. The man can bat, bowl, field, and should be captain when Fleming retires. I cannot speak highly enough of Vettori.

Now we have a series of one dayers against Australia in New Zealand. If we can beat Australia once and nearly beat them again in Australia, we can surely win in NZ.

What the hell has happened? Since when could New Zealand, of all countries, challenge Australia's cricketing dominance. It's bizarre. Even as a Kiwi, I can't believe it. It's just so odd.

(And why oh why must Shane Bond suffer so much with the injuries? That man is brilliant.)

You could also say, New Zealand has beaten the World....well 11 People from the World.

Bowled the World XI out for about 130 the ther day...Fleming scored a Century in the chase.

Theres another game on tommrow : starting at 11:30 am VIC time, and another on wednsday.

I will be very interested to see the Australia, New Zealand 20/20 match in a few weeks.

bono_man2002 said:
I will be very interested to see the Australia, New Zealand 20/20 match in a few weeks.

That will be sensational. A short, sharp, and to-the-point cricket match. Well, we consider it short anyway!

How did NZ do in the second game against the World XI? I'm too lazy to look it up. Damn, I wish the TV in my room worked.

Here's a quick run-down of cricket for the poor Americans who are deprived real sports* in their country.

(*real sports = cricket and rugby union. American football and baseball are not real sports.)

There are two predominant varieties of cricket, limited overs (one dayers) and test (five dayers) matches. Limited overs matches typically consist of fifty overs, and six balls are bowled in an over. The first innings lasts until the end of the fifty overs or all eleven batsmen are dismissed, whichever comes first. The opposition then bat, attempting to reach the target within the fifty overs.

Test cricket is limited to five days, though it used to be played until there was an ultimate victor (the longest game of international test cricket recorded lasted nine days between England and South Africa and only concluded so that the English could catch their ship home). Each team plays two innings of unlimited overs. Your innings ends when either all eleven batsmen are dismissed or the captain of the team declares. You declare when you feel you have a defendable total and the remaining time is in your favour.

In my opinion, cricket is one of, if not the most complex sports in the world. Rules such as LBW (dismissed Leg Before Wicket) can take a bit of explaining ...

Axver said:
[ The first innings lasts until the end of the fifty overs or all eleven batsmen are dismissed, whichever comes first. [/B]

Nope, only need to get 10 out....

New Zealand dominate over Australia :lmao:

Agree with most of your other comments.

I also think Daniel Vittori is a great all rounder, for a NZer.

There just isn't enough hours in the day to watch cricket.:wink:

Last edited:
Gonna see India v Pakistan in April..... ODI.... damn ecxited haven't been to one in almost three years now.....

Back
Top Bottom