New Zealand yacht wins prestigious English race

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I'd become rather disillusioned with sailing after the disgrace of the 2003 America's Cup with Kiwi sailors taking money over their country and sailing under the Swiss flag rather than for Black Magic, but I saw this article and it made me happy to see New Zealand yachters still having success!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10340280

The yacht Maximus won the prestigious Fastnet classic off the English coast.

I really hope we can find the finances and put together a successful team for the next America's Cup.

I still do not think the Swiss entry EVER should have been allowed in the competition. Like you say, they HAVE NO OCEAN! You have to have an ocean to contest the America's Cup! Where's the next one to be held? Are they meant to sail the yachts up European rivers to Lake Zurich or something? What a joke.

The final of the last America's Cup was New Zealand versus New Zealand A and everyone knows it. That Cup should still be in the country and the next contest to be held in Auckland. (I still wish a Wellington team had initially won the thing, but ...)

We can make like Bono and Co-Exist.

We can hold it in Lake Taupo. :drool:

Don't get too emotional with the Americas Cup or we all know what happens... Americas Cup + Sledgehammer = Disaster.

I propose Lake Wairararapa. :drool:

But yeah, Taupo's rather beautiful.

I hate how the America's Cup is so much about money and sponsorship rather than what country actually has the best yachtsmen sailing the best designed yacht.

Back
Top Bottom