New York here I come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
I think my hotel will be near Times Square, but I'm not sure.

That is a great area to be. There is lots to do around there. I will PM you some of the restaurants that I went to in that area. I did not do much while I was there but eat and shop.

Hope you have a great time.:wave:

anitram said:

Usually it's something like $5/transaction in those situations. That is a wash if you take out a bunch of $ at once.

I have it for free in the US, but I get levied the $5 in Europe which is a bit annoying.

Not mine. I have to put an extra $3/month charge on my bank account in order to withdraw funds from US ATMs. I've been to the States exactly twice in the last three years. Not really worth it.

I wonder if it's because people in NS travel to the US less or something because I honestly don't know anyone here who pays anything on their account monthly and we all have the service free. I have TD and BMO cards and they both work.

Carmelu2fan said:

I did not do much while I was there but eat and shop.

Sounds like a great trip to me! New York is awesome, so many great restaurants, an H&M on nearly every corner, museums, record shops, street vendors, parks, a public transportation system that actually works. If not for my total hatred of snow (and for how freakishly expensive living in the city is), I could be happy living in New York.

dsmith2904 said:

Sounds like a great trip to me! New York is awesome, so many great restaurants, an H&M on nearly every corner, museums, record shops, street vendors, parks, a public transportation system that actually works. If not for my total hatred of snow (and for how freakishly expensive living in the city is), I could be happy living in New York.

Yes it was a great trip. I did have a good time there. I guess, I sounded a bit unappreciative when I said that shopping and eating was all I did. I guess I just wish I had done more. But don't we all? Someone mentioned the MET and that would have been nice to visit and I also wanted to see a Broadway production. I have to agree with you on the reasons not to live in that city. I am still trying to convince my boyfriend that we will never be able to save money if we move to NY.

dsmith2904 said:

God, I can't graduate college soon enough . :drool:

I'd really love to hit a museum next time I'm there.

DaveC said:

Yeah, thought I was talking to BonoManiac for a sec there, and I started ranting :reject:

I gotta go back sometime in summer. It was fuckin' cold when we were there.

Another tip, verte: If someone tries to sell you a CD in Times Square, don't buy it unless you plan on having 20 more guys come up to you trying to sell you theirs, too. You can blow through your last 50 bucks in a real hurry :huh:

I'm not BonoManiac. And I won't buy a CD in Times Square!

Back
Top Bottom