New York City Hotels - Let's Talk!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everyone!

So...I'm finally making the lifelong-desired move to my beloved NYC in May, but need to find a hotel to stay in for when we go apt-hunting in late March...

So for those of you who have visited NYC, can you talk about your hotel experiences here and post URLs when able? Don't forget to name names!

Thank you so much!!
C :heart:

Last edited:
Priceline is great because it really divides the city into sections so you can be really specific on where you want to stay. Midtown has the most hotels so I think you might be able to find some deals if you look there. Also, check Expedia and Travelocity on rates before you start bidding on Priceline. Good luck!!

Here's where my mom and I stayed in NYC back in September

http://www.davincihotel.com/

If you look at the ratings, it doesn't get very high rankings, but we found it to be decent. Plus, we had our own bathroom, which I guess is a rarity in NYC hotels. The room was fine, if not very big, but if you're going to be out looking at apartments all day this should suit you just fine.

Good luck on the move! :hug:

I stayed at the Travel Inn on 42nd Street near 10th Avenue once, and it was decent. Reasonable price also. Right across from a police station, so pretty safe as well.

Hey! Um..when i first moved to NewYorkCity, I actually found my appartment though the internet! I tried apparment hunting, I stayed at the City Club Hotel it's on West, 44th Street.
Usually it's pretty expensive, as fare as hotels go, but if you look hard enough, you'll find some nice ones, at great prices!! It just depends how fare or close you want to be to the inner city. My appartment i live in now, is nice, but i'm thinkin of also finding a new one, the rent is pretty high (but most appartments in NewYork City are), and they intend to raise it again, by summer, i just can't go over 2k right now. I'm hoping to find one more at 1,500.00 it's more affordable, but i doubt it will be as nice. I really am thinking about moving back to Denmark, to be with cousin right now. she is only 5, and has cancer.....my aunt could grealy use my help, so I am considering that as well, epsically since she will be having sergury this april, so i too, am in a "time" glitch. As fare as right now, my appartment has a prefect city view..I usually sit on my fav. chair when i get home, and look out the window with some hot tea! But I really, really, want one with a balcony... Let me know how search goes! I always hate moving, so much mess! Hope i helped!

Last edited:
I once stayed at the Renaissance in Times Square during a snow storm. I don't remember how much it cost, but it had great views, and a large, very comfortable king-sized bed. Maybe you'd like to stay there if you want to sleep well!

Hi!

Can't recommend anything but good luck with your move. I understand the cheapest apartment in NYC sells for $1 million.

I couldn't take NYC...too many people and too many waves......not conducive to a wizard's way of life......need the solitude.

carol
wizard2c

:)

yeah..it is VERY loud in NYC....theres always somthing happening, everyday....but whether you want to live there, just depends on the kind of person you are. But what's strange, is I myslef, are a shy person, but in my opinoin, when in the city, I feel a part of something bigger...it's weird, i mean, i live by my self, in my appartment, so I really am not tied to anyone...but somethimes what i like to do is just look out at the poeple coming and going, it;s weird, but soemtimes you can almost tell what kind person they are...just sitting and watching them pass,..it's kinda relaxing, thers'a lot of things bad with the city, and then good too...but i do not plan to live here for much longer, it gets boring( well, repetative..) after a while...sure, the first few months are really great, but then the anticipation of ging, isn't there. It's like once you have everything you want, theres nothing left to gain. Anyway, I love it in the city, but ya just gotta get used to the noise, and what not..

Last edited:
Oh, like how much a month were you looking to spend? like i said before, i just can't see goin over 2000.00 a month, my rent now is 1780.00, not too bad, but still pretty high, so yea the prices are pretty steep..

Last edited:
Hey all -

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the apartment market well-researched and covered and have a lot of experience in New York, so I know exactly what I'm getting into.

I'm mainly looking for hotel advice here. Thanks. :)

"nice" hotels for around the 250 range...

downtown area... the millenium... 250-350 per night approx.

midtown area... the sheraton-manhattan... 250-350 per night approx

uptown... the hudson... 250-350 per night approx.

less than that... the holiday inns, best westerns, etc. etc. basic accomodations, less than 250 per night.

places like the grand hyatt, the westin, the crowne plaza... all very nice, but all in the 300-400 range...

and then there's the waldorf, the plaza, the st. regis, etc. etc. that'll break your piggy bank.

there are also hundreds of other random hotels in manhattan that ya could do a search for... some

my suggestion... the hotel pennsylvania. range will probably be from 150 to 500 dollars, depending on what sorta room you're lookin' for. good accomodations, easy access to transportation (it's directly across the street from Penn Station / Madison Square Garden)

:shrug: hope that helped a bit.

Last edited:
Anyone ever heard of the Belnord Hotel? I'm looking for a bit more budget accomodation since I'll probably be staying in NYC for 10 days or so.
It's supposed to be 3 blocks from Central Park (and 3 miles from MSG, important too :wink: ).

A coworker of mine just got back from the W Hotel in Times Square. It looks absolutely beautiful, but will set you back about $400/night.

Back
Top Bottom