New Year's Resolutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rarely drink soda anymore. Another danger is that the phosphorus in it causes bone decay.

I usually don't make resolutions. But I guess it can't hurt to set some positive goals to perhaps improve my lifestyle and make me feel better about myself. So here's a few:

-get a job doing what i want and with an ideal location, if i tell you all i'm applying for Residence Life or Student Activities, give me the hardest virtual pimp slap you possible can.

-finish (hehe, start!) my master's research paper, and make regular trips to the Writing Center while it is in progress

- turn in ALL assignments on time next semester. if work gets too overwhelming, give my boss the middle finger and press on. i'm a student first, damn it.

- guitar lessons. i've already forgotten what little i knew, and my poor guitar is collecting dust, and there are people in this world that have yet to hear the sound of my awesomeness

- bring the one campaign to my campus. i'm tired of my students acting like they care about certain issues and then not doing anything about it. i've met a group of other grad students who are really interested in our campus officially declaring itself a campus of one. while that may not happen during my time there, i wanna do what i can to plant the seed

- exercise more. i'm gonna do all i can to shed my beer belly without giving up beer. alcohol is good for my soul and i would be atrophyed without it. im just tired of looking at it. and i'm tired of coming home from our walks out of breath, and my dog is pumped up and ready for more. i gonna wear him out one of these days.

Diemen said:
My resolution is to start making money off my photography. Not quite sure where to get started on that, but I'm working on it. :)

I would've hired you for my wedding if you were a little closer! :up:

I'm doing a 1 mile swim competition (in the ocean) at the end of July 2007. My goal is to be in the best shape I can possibly be by that time so I do well.

Lose weight, start eating better.

Take more pictures.

Read books that are not mindless drivel - I want to expand my intelligence.

I usually don't make many resolutions but this year I think I need to put something down in order to genuinely make an effort to better myself.

1. Stop the habit of procrastination. Start by minimizing it.

2. Find a job I can at least somewhat enjoy and one that adds value to my career. Seems so hard to achieve this, even though it doesn't sound all that hard to do.

3. At the same time, I've got to stop complaining about the current job and do something concrete regarding finding other options and in the meantime try my best to enjoy what I do.

4. Keep in touch with my parents more often and don't go 2 weeks or more without calling them.

5. Minimize time on Interference. :sigh: Stop signing in 5 or 6 times a day. Stop logging in during the daytime, while at work, period! Browse for a couple of hours in the evening and then logoff. Don't go back. :wink:

6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night and regularly go to work on time. It DOES make a good impression and WILL probably get reflected during the salary review.

Ok, now I just have to keep them. :wink:

my new years resolution was to be productive with my time, use my money wisely (save up for ACTUAL necessities), and to graduate my senior year with good grades and avoid procrastination for college stuff.

I already broke the first two..
I hope I don't break my last one... *crosses fingers* :|

Zootlesque said:
Stop logging in during the daytime, while at work, period!

Yeah okay, clearly I have already broken this one. I guess the better strategy and more attainable goal would be minimize my time here. :(

Back
Top Bottom