New Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
I know it's early but my friend just asked what we were doing this year. We don't want to be here for it...or Toronto. We are open to anywhere else...preferably in North America but we are open to all ideas. There will be 2 of us for sure, maybe 3. Just thought I'd post a thread in case others are stuck for ideas too, and people can brag about how their city does it up. Ages 28-32 (I'm only 28 in my mind though). :help:

probably nothing... as ussual :D

(blasting U2's Best of 90-00 while watching fireworks... 4th year in a row)

tpsglick2424 said:

People acting like asses:drool: :drool:
Originally posted by Bug
I'll be at home watching people act like drunken asses on the news

:hmm: I kind of want it to be different from all my regular weekends though...:wink:

Bono212 - Tell Caitlin I'm expecting an evite :lol:

Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Im hoping to actually make it to Chicago this year. Just have been trying for a few years now to spend New Year's there

Is there some big party on there or something?

snowbunny00774 said:
and people can brag about how their city does it up.

new-years-eve-times-square-2.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

True true...We talked about NYC as the destination of choice...I would love to see that much Waterford in one place:drool: :drool:
but we are worried about managing ourselves in that size of a crowd while being drunk. We could not drink of course...but we will :yes::yes:

It's on the list...just need to do the pros & cons:blahblah:

BonosBaby12 said:
Vegas sounds like fun :hmm:

Im hoping to actually make it to Chicago this year. Just have been trying for a few years now to spend New Year's there :lol:

Chicago is an awesome place to party:wink:

snowbunny00774 said:

Is there some big party on there or something?

Sure there is some big celebration that goes on but my main reason for going is because my guys lives there,lol. We have yet to celebrate New Year's in person yet.

Like TP said though it's an awesome city to party in! Never a dull moment in Chi-Town :wink:

I'm going to Mexico with my family...Yeah I know, all talk about Chicago but I'm not going to be there:shrug:

Carek1230 said:
Go on a cruise....that way no one gets stuck driving!

For whatever reason, I have never had a desire to be on a cruise.
People speak highly of them and I'm sure they are a lot of fun...but I still think of it as being stuck on a boat. Thanks for the idea though..I'm sure others will like it :up:

It's weird...I don't know too many Irish people who like cruises...my friends have plagued me with fancy brochures but I still get the creeps. Day or supper & drinks cruises aren't soooo bad...been on some of them. Any longer - :shiver:

my friends always throw an oddly themed new year's party. This year is purple rain! Last year was Bum Party. The best year was slutty housewives/male strippers though :lol:!

The third annual party at Caitlin's will probably involve the same as the last two years

Karaoke, sparkling grape juice (yeah yeah :nerd: ), Apples to Apples, and sharing memories of bygone days....ahh....it's so much fun

Sadly, I'm not sure if I'm gonna get to go.....I might have an event Ican't get around on New Year's Day

I do plan to get completely loaded, hit on lots of CEGEP chicks, be too drunk to refuse shots, and throw up somewhere.

Nothing says happy new year like piece of shit Goldschlager all over the floor.

AM I RITE? :drool:

celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday, then having a junkie dinner, maybe pizza or some such, then watching the fireworks on the tv or playing trivial pursuit/poker/playstation/x box family fun.
once the chilluns are in bed, we shall drink. and be merry, though.
:love:
it's excitement beyond your wildest dreams at our place.
:giggle:

The wife will be 7 months pregnant, so we'll proably take it easy at home.

NYC is great on New Years, but I'd seriously avoid Times Square at all cost. It's over crowded, no bathrooms, people puking, it stinks, ugh. I'd recommend finding a bar somewhat nearby, with a TV and stay warm while enjoying all NYC has to offer.

Two years ago I was in San Fran for New Years, that was a blast. I'd say Boston is probably a good time too.

Back
Top Bottom