new World Figure Skating Champion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Kimmie Meissner hit seven triple jumps, including two difficult triple-triple combinations, to win her first World Championship. In case you don't know, Kimmie is only sixteen and was competing in her first World Championship. Sasha Cohen wound up third behind Fumie Siguri of Japan. Cohen was never a good competitor. She's a great talent, but never lived up to her potential. She should have won three or four worlds and the Olympics with her talent.

I'm shocked she did 7 triples. The new scoring system has really cut down on the amout of triple jumps being done.

Good for Kimmie. :up:

Ug. Just watched Sasha. :tsk: She will forever sweep the ice with her ass. She can not land a triple lutz cleanly. She is one of the most graceful skaters probably ever. She just can't figure out how not to choke.

She says she wants to try acting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sasha is probably the most graceful skater I've ever seen, and I'm glad I'll get her performance on DVD, flawed though it was. To be honest, I can relate to her. If I were a competitive figure skater, with my temperament, I'd probably be the Choker From Hell. I'm not blessed with the kind of temperament for competition. Kimmie obviously is. My hat's off to her.

Kimmie was awesome :applaud: I agree w/ Peggy Fleming, she is the future for the US women. She just needs some more style and extension, all of that stuff.

I am going to the John Hancock Tour in April, I can't wait :drool:

I think Elvis Stojko still does ice shows

I love Kimmie!!!!!!!!! She did so well, I enjoyed watching her, she deserves the win. Sasha is a cutie pie, and I've enjoyed watching her skate and perform over the years, but it seems the Olympics and since her announcement she wants to act, it's affected her skating now. Not so impressed with her any more.

I agree, Sasha was a disappointment this year, even though she won her first U.S. title. Kimmie is the future of American figure skating. She can win the big ones, something Cohen could never do.

Sorry, I can't root for Cohen when she drops the goods evey time she's almost at the pinnacle of figure skating.

Consistancy (also known as Not Falling On Your Ass) is just as important as flash to me.

Canadiens1160 said:
Sorry, I can't root for Cohen when she drops the goods evey time she's almost at the pinnacle of figure skating.

Consistancy (also known as Not Falling On Your Ass) is just as important as flash to me.

I agree.

Here's your Winner! (and yes, I do watch!) :)

264684-925487-458-238.jpg

And once again, OC's finest skater.....

OLYPA13202232120.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the pix! I'm in the process of ordering a DVD with Kimmie's performance on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom