New Wilco Album info!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
From Wilcoworld.com

That next record (or should we say "cd"?) is now entitled "A ghost is born" and will, if the schedule holds, be released by Nonesuch in North America on June 8 and their affiliated labels virtually everywhere else in the world that same week.The track listing is as follows:

At least that's what you said
Hell is
Chrome
Spiders (kidsmoke)
Muzzle of Bees
Hummingbird
Handshake drugs
Company in my back
I'm a wheel
Wishful thinking
Late greats
Theologians
Less than you think

They've announced a few tour dates, too. :hyper:

http://www.wilcoweb.com/tours/index.html

APR-21 COLUMBIA, MO THE BLUE NOTE
APR-23 NEW ORLEANS, LA ORPHEUM
APR-24 AUSTIN, TX STUBB'S BBQ
APR-27 SANTA FE, NM THE LENSIC THEATRE
APR-28 FLAGSTAFF, AZ THE ORPHEUM THEATRE
APR-29 TUCSON, AZ RIALTO THEATRE
MAY-01 INDIO, CA COACHELLA
JUN-11 MANCHESTER, TN BONNAROO

If the first show were not on a Wednesday, it would be mine. Hopefully, they'll announce some midwestern dates soon. :)

SkeeK said:

Hell is
Chrome

Just to clarify, "Hell is" and "Chrome" are not separate songs. There was a typo on Wilco's site which got copied into Pitchfork's story. Also, "Chrome" was never a "live favorite" as stated in the Pitchfork article. In fact, it's one of only two songs on the tracklisting that wasn't performed live on the last tour. Mmmm...fact checking.

Re: Re: New Wilco Album info!!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Just to clarify, "Hell is" and "Chrome" are not separate songs. There was a typo on Wilco's site which got copied into Pitchfork's story.

Well, we assume it's a typo anyway. There had been previous references to a song called "Hell is Chrome" so it definitely seems likely. However, it hasn't been fixed yet.

I'm really excited, at any rate. :hyper: These are great songs.

I have a question I've asked myself many a time:

Why are Wilco referred to as Alt. Country and not just Indie Pop?????

Is it just because they're on a big label now? I listened to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot a few days ago, I had a hard time finding any even slight connection to 'country'. I think I've never been able to understand exactly what 'alt. country' is, same with 'emo' to an extent. Genre names can kiss my kiester :down:

(Regardless, I've realized I quite like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)

It is indeed a ridiculous label. Like many great bands, their sound has changed considerably from their first album. A.M. and YHF are like apples and oranges...and they are both great in different ways (although I think that YHF is pure genius).

Their earlier stuff definitely has quite a twang.

I can't quite decide whether I like Summerteeth more than YHF. Both are really quite excellent.. not too familiar with the first two albums though.

Skeek--you need to get Being There :drool:

Summerteeth is fabulous, but BT is my choice if I had to pick between the two...

~LadyLemon~ said:
Skeek--you need to get Being There :drool:

Word. Summerteeth is probably my favorite, but they're all worthy. Even A.M., which may not be as mature a work as the the subsequent albums, has its substantial charms. Oh, and both Mermaid Avenue cds are brilliant. Not that I like Wilco or anything...

They're coming to my town April 27! Nobody ever comes here! I just got tickets. :) :hyper:

*knock knock*

hello?

If you can browse my files on soulseek (SkeeK), and you don't mind opening christmas presents more than two and a half months early... look in my 'unsorted' folder for a folder that begins with W, has 5 words, ends in N, and contains 11 tracks.

If you get stuck in a queue, message me and i'll add you to my list. Unless you are the devil, or work for the RIAA.

Cheers.

I'm always glad to be of service :)

oh.. and for those who can't dl from me, look up beingthere96 that's who i got it from.

Back
Top Bottom