New TV Shows This Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
So, we're well underway into the new season on TV shows.

The new shows ...
* What has lived up to the hype?
* What hasn't?
* Any unexpected favorites?

Overall, I haven't really gotten into any of the new shoes. I was really hoping Brothers & Sisters and Kidnapped would be good, but I couldn't make it past the first episode.

Studio 60 and 30 Rock are ok, but not the "must see" shows I thought they would be and are quickly falling off my radar.

The only new show I am absolutely loving is Ugly Betty.

Other than that I am sticking to old favorites (Grey's Anatomy, The Office, My Name is Earl, ER, Law & Order in all its incarnations).

I can't wait for Medium to come back in a few weeks.

Heroes and Friday Night Lights are both better than I expected. I still watch The Office and Battlestar Galatica (best how on TV). Still watching Lost as well, but really losing interest in the characters.

I did watch Studio 60 a few times, but it was kinda "meh." Same with The Class and Jericho. Just didn't pull me in the way Battlestar Galactica (best show on TV) and Heroes do.

I tried out Studio 60, Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Betty, The Nine. I wanted to check out 30 Rock but I still haven't seen it

The only one I still watch is Ugly Betty, and I'm starting to lose interest in that one too

I still watch Lost, Boston Legal, Grey's, ER, once in a while Nip/Tuck-but I usually forget that is even on and I miss the reruns too

I tried alot of the new shows too and gave up on The Nine, Studio 60 and 6 degrees. We have 3 episodes of Betty on the DVR waiting to be watched. I really got into Brothers and Sisters and Kidnapped, but Kidnapped appears to have disappeared like the son Leopold did. :shrug: I am really enjoying Friday Night Lights! :up: Didn't think I would but it is a good solid show.

Still watching the old standbys: Boston Legal, CSI, EE, SVU and Greys.

Last edited:
Watching Brothers and Sisters...no longer watching The Nine or Ugly Betty....trying to stick with Studio 60 cause I like Alec, Sunset Strip but it seems to be fading fast...but the best new show of them all is....

Heroes!!

:shh:
save the cheerleader, save the world

Man everyone is raving about Ugly Betty but I havent had a chance to watch it yet because its on at the same time as Survivor :scream:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Same, only I can't watch it because of The Office (and sometimes I'll watch My Name Is Earl, if I'm not busy doing other things).

Same for me ... but I use one VCR to record the NBC Shows and one to record the ABC shows.

The new TV season is pretty bad. I haven't tried Ugly Betty yet. I'm still watching Studio 60 but it is kind of hard. For the first time, TV is making me not want to watch it.
I haven't seen Heroes, though it looks like a complete rip off of X-Men and pending a lawsuit, so I can't judge it fairly but "save the cheerleader, save the world?" WTF? :huh: Anyone care to explain that?
Alot of these shows just have terrible premises like The Nine, Nine Degrees and 30 Rock.

Screwtape2 said:
I haven't seen Heroes, though it looks like a complete rip off of X-Men and pending a lawsuit, so I can't judge it fairly but "save the cheerleader, save the world?" WTF? :huh: Anyone care to explain that?

It's not really an X-Men rip off anymore than X-Men rips off Superman. It's just people with powers. No one on Heroes can control weather, has red laser eye vision, turns metallic, sucks the life out of people, has adamantium skeletons or is a human magnet, etc.

The cheerleader is the key, somehow. Not quite clear yet.

It's a good show, the characters are pretty interesting, hough the writing can get cheesy at times. And they're still leading up to a story that brings them all together, but it's getting closer and closer.

Back
Top Bottom