NEW TV Shows for the 2005/2006 Season: Which ones will last?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
The new TV season is upon us with a heapload of new shows. Thankfully, reality tv seems have vanished from the new tv landscape. Let's take a look at the new fall tv shows:

Prison Break: IMO, the best new show. This grabbed right from the Pilot episode. I was a little worried because the episodes started to get a little monotenous. However, this weeks episode was probably the best hour of tv I have ever watched. The prison riot episode was amazing. It's got great Actors. My favourite performance is fromI will definitely watch this series.
Rating:9/10

Surface: Great Pilot. But ultimately cheesy and unbelievable. It's hard to be scared from something if it's unrealistic.
Rating: 6/10

Reunion: I didn't like this soapy drama. Not much suspense to keep you interested IMO.
5/10

Commander & Chief : I'm liking this one so far. Anyone else catch the pilot? Very intersting for those of us who enjoy a political dram, ala the West Wing. I think this show will also appeal to a larger audience than the West Wing does. Having a female president as the premise will naturally draw a larger audience. The cast on this show is very talented as well. Geena Davis and Donald "the man" Sutherland will be great.
8/10

E-Ring: Another star-studded cast. I'm not sure about this show though. The pilot was okay. It seems that this show won't have a continuing plot. Each episode will have a nice and happy ending. I'll give it a chance.
7/10

Invasion: Okay pilot. I really don't see where this show is going. The acting is poor.
4/10

My Name is Earl: Very funny pilot. LMAO. However, the second episode was a bit of a let down. Hopefully this isn't a one hit wonder.
7/10

Bones: The dumbest show I've ever seen.
1/10

Kitchen Confidential: I missed the pilot but got to see the latest episode. The main actor, Bradley Cooper, was great on Alias and seems decent on this show too. But, it lacks some serious chemistry. Overall, the acting is poor. I also don't understand the point of the show.
4/10

Killer Instinct: Haven't seen it.

Criminal Minds: Haven't seen it.

My name is Chris Rock: Haven't seen it.

Inconceivable: Haven't seen it.

NightStalker: Hasn't debuted yet.

Bernie Mac Show: Haven't seen it.

I'm probably missing a bunch.

What shows do you think will make it? What have you been impressed with?

boosterjuice said:
What shows do you think will make it? What have you been impressed with?

My "Love" watches Prison Break and he would probably agree with you ... that it's a GREAT show !! He also told me about that "prison riot" and how it looked so-ooo realistic.

The show I'm waiting to see is The Night Stalker ... since I watched the 1974 TV series 'Kolchak: The Night Stalker' with Darren McGavin and also saw the 1972 original movie 'The Night Stalker' besides the 1973 sequel 'The Night Strangler'. I'm really hoping that this new TV series will be as good as the 70's classic.

I have only seen Prison,Surface,Commander and Invasion so far. I do agree with your rating on those shows.

I am in :heart: with LOST...it is the best show on T.V...IMO

I saw the series premiere for Invasion and i was not too impressed. especially since there have been so many commercials hyping up this show, i made a point of watching it, but it was quite a bit of a letdown. for some reason, i cannot warm up to the characters on this show. and they try too hard to be suspenseful but for some reason it's not very effective.

i also saw kitchen confidential...it was ok...had some funny moments and i think the actors/characters are more likeable but i'm not too sure about this one either. it has potential but it could very likely fall apart.

honestly i am not interested in checking out any other shows...i'm quite satisfied with Lost.

I admit Reunion is soapy, but I want to know what happens...

I've been watching Supernatural for the last 3 weeks. I like it, but the 2 episodes after the pilot have been mediocre. I hope it picks up again!

I've only watched the first two episodes of Reunion and Supernatural, but the mediocre acting by the cast in both shows didn't appeal to me, so I doubt I'll to continue to tune in. Prison Break is the only new fall show I've actively been watching since its premiere. I can definitely see it getting picked up for a new season.

I can now honestly say that ABC's 'Night Stalker' is absolutely GREAT !! :applaud:

I really enjoy watching this show every week. I think it's a good improvement for the writers to add another reporter on the scene besides Kolchak ... and there are lots of new surprises that are revealed too. This show is so-ooo much more mysteriously eerie than the original series (although, the original series was a little more scarier than what I've seen with this show so far.)

Stuart Townsend plays a more serious Carl Kolchak and his co-star reporter, Gabriella Union, adds a unique blend to the supernatural twist in the show.
On a scale of 1-10 ... I give this show an ' 8 ' so far !! :bow:
If you haven't watched this show yet ... check it out !! :up:
Night Stalker airs on ABC every Thursday night at 9 pm. ET

boosterjuice said:
Has anyone seen the Chris Rock sitcom? I keep forgetting to record it.

I don't think it's all that, but it's definitely in the same vein as the shows of its sort from the 70s and 80s, which I love. It'll get better, I hope.

So many new shows so little time...:wink: Well since LOST will not be on for a few weeks I will be able to give these other shows a shot.

Back
Top Bottom