New Travis album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
THE BOY WITH NO NAME
02/02/07
Travis will release their 5th studio album "The Boy With No Name" on May 7th 2007.
Tracklisting is as follows:
01. 3 Times And You Lose
02. Selfish Jean
03. Closer
04. Big Chair
05. Battleships
06. Eyes Wide Open
07. My Eyes
08. One Night
09. Out In Space
10. Colder
11. New Amsterdam

The first single from the new album, “Closer” will be released in the UK on April 23rd. More details to follow

can't wait for this....

:hyper:

as far as British Pop goes Travis is my favorite
and one of the best live bands I've seen. I'm definitely excited for this, I've been reading for years about them "in the studio working on a new album"..& it's finally here!
I am hoping it's better than their previous 12 Memories, it was ok but not great
can't wait for the tour!!

i hope they have finally come past page 2 in the song book.

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo! Travis :applaud:

I've never seen them live, so hopefully if they tour, I'll get to see them this time 'round.

BTW, I LOVED "12 Memories" which was SOOOOOOOOOO much better than "The Invisible Band", which completely sucked and, to my amusement, was described in a review as "after the success of "The Man Who" Travis completely punted it with 'The Invisible Band'". hahahahah so true of that album.

But "12 Memories" :drool: :drool:

I've saw them live twice and they are brilliant. Fran is very funny and I think Dougie is very attractive. :drool:

I think "12 memories" is a lot better than "The Invisible band" too. It's one of my favourites. :up:

It's about time!!! :hyper: :hyper:
FitzChivalry said:

BTW, I LOVED "12 Memories" which was SOOOOOOOOOO much better than "The Invisible Band", which completely sucked and, to my amusement, was described in a review as "after the success of "The Man Who" Travis completely punted it with 'The Invisible Band'". hahahahah so true of that album.

But "12 Memories" :drool: :drool:

Really? I liked Invisible Band more than 12 Memories :reject:

Closer is a good song. I will be seeing them when they come over here for sure this time.

I have listened to Closer about 27 times this morning.
Man, I CANNOT wait for this album to come out!
Travis are one of the few bands in the mold of Oasis that not only write fantastic albums, but really strong b-sides as well

coemgen said:
I haven't heard Closer yet. I love Travis though. When "The Man Who" came out I listened to that forever.

You can find it on YouTube :up:

They have announced tour dates already for Europe. They aren't coming to Northern Ireland as part of their UK tour. :angry:

I'll have to check out the singles on this one before buying it. I like Travis but I find that I never really listened to their last album much after I got it. :slant:

I LOVE "12 Memories"! In fact, I think it is, overall, my favorite Travis album. (Though there are certain songs I like better from "The Man Who" than any one song off "12 Memories".)

Now "The Invisible Band" . . . . well, that's another story. :down:

I've never really been a proper "fan" of Travis. I've always liked their tunes (Sing, Walking In The Sun, Side, and especially Driftwood), but have never taken my fandom to the next level.

Mind you, Why Does It Always Rain On Me has never done that much for me.

I think I shall become a proper fan, becase there is so much lousy music going around at the moment, and I want something easy to listen to, and Travis fits the bill perfectly. Where do i start? Get the Singles compilation or go straight into gettin' the albums?

I threw away 12 Memories after about 3 listens. Later I regretted it and downloaded the 4 songs from it I liked:
quiksand
happy to hang around
walking down the hill
love will come through

mid life krysis (or however they spelled it) and peace the f out almost ruined them completely for me.

intedomine said:
I've never really been a proper "fan" of Travis. I've always liked their tunes (Sing, Walking In The Sun, Side, and especially Driftwood), but have never taken my fandom to the next level.

Mind you, Why Does It Always Rain On Me has never done that much for me.

I think I shall become a proper fan, becase there is so much lousy music going around at the moment, and I want something easy to listen to, and Travis fits the bill perfectly. Where do i start? Get the Singles compilation or go straight into gettin' the albums?

I would start with the greatest hits and then move on to the man who to get the basics. From there, you can buy any of the other albums in any order.

Colder and Closer are great songs! Can't wait!

theoriginal said:
I threw away 12 Memories after about 3 listens. Later I regretted it and downloaded the 4 songs from it I liked:
quiksand
happy to hang around
walking down the hill
love will come through

mid life krysis (or however they spelled it) and peace the f out almost ruined them completely for me.

I was also not a big fan of 12 Memories when it first came out (although I didn't throw away my CD :lol: ) it took several listens to get into.

I also like Peace The Fuck Out (totally an homage to the Beatles, it sounds like John would have written it if he could have gotten away with swearing back then) and Re-Offender.

My favourite CD is probably Invisible band; I love Sing, Pipe Dreams, The Cage, Follow The Light, Indefinitely and The Humpty Dumpty Love Song.

I think Good feelings is a great debut album, 1/2 rock, 1/2 moody music.
The Man Who is genius. Totally like watching a surreal movie.
The Invisible Band, in my opinion, suffers from odd track listing. Dear Diary after Sing brings it to a screeching halt quickly. I rearranged the track listing to my own liking and I'll be damned, it flows quite well for me now.
12 Memories is like the bastard child of the Travis collection. Really strong, basic songs with complex messages going on.

Fran Healy's vox continue to amaze me to this day.

Rafiennes said:
The Invisible Band, in my opinion, suffers from odd track listing. Dear Diary after Sing brings it to a screeching halt quickly. I rearranged the track listing to my own liking and I'll be damned, it flows quite well for me now.

You could be right... :hmm: How did you arrange the tracks?

Fran Healy's vox continue to amaze me to this day.

:up: He has a warmer tone which I really like, he is currently one of my favorite lead singers

there's a sampler making rounds on the torrent sites.

Very disappointed.

Sounds like "Invisible Band" part 2.

"Selfish Jean" sounds promising, until that same old guitar tone comes in.

He uses that tone on every fucking song.

Dude needs a new pedal.

Back
Top Bottom