New Tori Amos record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
is rumored to have a February 22, 2005, release date with a solo tour to folllow.

:hyper: :combust:

In 2001 I had tickets to see U2 and Tori two nights apart. :crazy: :faint:

but had to miss Tori.
:sad:

I missed her on the last tour because she never really got close to where I lived. But now I live in a huge-ass city, so w00t!!!!

Yeah. I'm excited. New Tori!

Saw her during the Strange Little Girls tour at the beautiful Fox Theater in St. Louis w/ Rufus Wainwright as the opener - it was fabulous!

HeartlandGirl said:
I missed her on the last tour because she never really got close to where I lived. But now I live in a huge-ass city, so w00t!!!!

Yeah. I'm excited. New Tori!

Maybe I'll see you in Phoenix. :wink:

w00t!!!!

Tori's frock

tori3.jpg

Another album + Book,

wow I hardly even had the chance to listen to tales of a librarian much, But I do love everything the woman does.

Looking forward to catching her live again!

Hey guys, I read on thedent.com that the new album will be called The Beekeeper and will be out (tentatively) on Feb. 22 :)

The Beekeeper! I love it. It's so Tori. :love:

from rollingstone.com

Tori Wraps "Beekeeper"

Singer-songwriter to release album, book in February

After two years out of the spotlight, singer-songwriter Tori Amos is wrapping up her eighth album, The Beekeeper, due February 22nd.

Amos experiments with vintage organs, a gospel choir and Afro-Cuban drums, on tracks such as "Ribbons Undone," "Sleeps with Butterflies" and "Sweet the Sting." She is collaborating again with bassist John Evans and drummer Matt Chamberlain and is producing the record herself in her U.K. studio Martian Engineering.

The album title may be a nod to "The Beekeeper's Daughter," a poem by one of Amos' favorite authors, Sylvia Plath.

Just before The Beekeeper hits stores, Amos will become an author herself, when she releases her autobiography, Tori Amos: Piece by Piece, co-written by music journalist Ann Powers, on February 8th.

ALEX MAR
(Posted Oct 29, 2004)

TORI TORI TORI!!! I had no idea! That is great news. We have this new beautiful Arts Overture center that she could come sing in! Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

joyfulgirl said:
The Beekeeper! I love it. It's so Tori. :love:

I couldn't agree more. Perfect title for a Tori album.

*thinks of several Tori songs that mention bees*

just got this from tori.com--includes a very Tori-esque quote. :wink:
~ ~ ~

DEAR (joyfulgirl) --

TORI AMOS READIES NEW ALBUM, THE BEEKEEPER AND PUBLISHES FIRST BOOK TORI AMOS: PIECE BY PIECE
BOTH COMING IN FEBRUARY!

This February Tori Amos will unveil two exciting projects -- a new CD entitled The Beekeeper (in stores February 22) and her first book, Tori Amos: Piece by Piece, co-written with journalist Ann Powers.

Currently, Tori is putting the finishing touches on The Beekeeper, which she's recording and self-producing in her UK studio Martian Engineering. On songs like "Sweet the Sting," "Sleeps with Butterflies," and "Ribbons Undone," Tori incorporates vintage organs, Afro-Cuban drums and Gospel choirs, working once again with longtime partners, drummer Matt Chamberlain and bassist Jon Evans.

"The Beekeeper is musically inspired by the fact that the piano has realized that she has an organ - with my right hand on her organ and my left hand on her piano keys, I have been changed by the relationship between these two beautiful creatures, the Bosendorfer piano and the B3 Hammond organ."

In the book Tori Amos: Piece by Piece co-penned with writer Ann Powers, the usually private Tori gives a rare inside look into many intimacies of her life as both a private individual and a very public performing musician. The book, published by Broadway Books (a division of Random House), will be released on February 8th. On Thursday, February 24, Tori and Ann will make a special appearance at the 92nd Street Y in New York City.

NOVEMBER SALE AT THE TORI STORE:
It's holiday time. During the months of November and December Tori Store
customers will have the chance to take care of all of their holiday shopping
needs. We've put together several Holiday Packages which include various
items from the Store which have been bundled together and priced at a
discounted rate. Check out the Holiday section of the Tori Store web site
for more information. Also, during November and December you have the
option of having any of your purchases gift wrapped at no additional cost.
The Tori Store: http://store.tbentgroup.com

Happy Holidays!
ToriAmos.com

Back
Top Bottom