New Tori Amos record - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Is everyone a beekeeper today?

Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #122
War Child

Local Time: 08:46 AM
I sorta listened to it today. Cars and Guitars, and Witness caught my attention so far.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

I picked it up but haven't had a chance to listen to it. I can say, though, that I really do not like the artwork at all. The photos strike me as ego-driven and the artwork marketed for adolescent girls. I wish she'd go back to Choirgirl and To Venus and Back-type art.

Wow, I guess Tori is someone I can criticize as passionately as I can worship, lol!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #124
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:46 AM
I got the album (regular version). Have not listened to it yet, but they did have it on at the shop I got it at. Sounded quite good. They gave me 2 different free posters upon purchase, nice.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

I missed her on Letterman.

Couldn't find a video clip but here are some stills:

Old 02-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
haha, okay u2popmofo, I WILL. Seriously, thanks for the title suggestion. I wouldn't have known where to start.
Did you get it yet, did you? DID YOU??
Old 02-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

I got the limited edition version of Beekeeper and I just noticed it's an odd size that doesn't fit on my CD shelf unless you turn it sideways but then you can't read the spine.

Okay, back to my listening party. So far so good.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Very nice outfit and hairstyle for the Letterman performance.

Yes, I am beekeepering today. Picked up the album after work and managed to listen to the first six songs driving to and from yoga class. Quite enjoyed the ending of 'Barons of Suburbia' and was pleased to hear 'Sleeps With Butterflies' in all its CD glory.

I haven't had time to look through the booklet much, but I will say this. I have really liked the designs on the actual CDs for this album and for Scarlet's Hidden Treasures. Maybe because I like the color pink, but I think they're both very pretty CDs.

Hoping to finish the album sometime tonight. I guess we're supposed to listen to it all the way through, but is anyone planning to listen to it by garden? I hope to eventually, just to see how that all fits together.

I also got a free poster with my purchase. A small one. But apparently mofo got a small and big one! Very nice!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Quite enjoyed the ending of 'Barons of Suburbia' and was pleased to hear 'Sleeps With Butterflies' in all its CD glory.
That ending really caught my attention, too. Reminds me of the ending of Professional Widow. Sleeps with Butterflies is beautiful.

Quote:
I haven't had time to look through the booklet much, but I will say this. I have really liked the designs on the actual CDs for this album and for Scarlet's Hidden Treasures. Maybe because I like the color pink, but I think they're both very pretty CDs.
Maybe it's just me then, being all grumpy and stuff.

Quote:
I guess we're supposed to listen to it all the way through, but is anyone planning to listen to it by garden? I hope to eventually, just to see how that all fits together.
Sure, I'll give it a listen to by garden--probably not until I get to know the record a little better, though.

Quote:
I also got a free poster with my purchase. A small one. But apparently mofo got a small and big one! Very nice!
Where's my damn poster? Oh yeah, I got a mix of flower seeds which I'll definitely plant in my little yard.

Hey, I'm on my song--Martha's Foolish Ginger--it's quite nice! I'm also loving the title song.

Listening to this record reminds me of the first time I listened to Scarlet's Walk in that there are so many songs, and they all kinda flow together, so that it's hard to imagine a time when I will know these songs by heart. It's fun.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:57 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I've been a bit turned off by the reviews of this album since I didn't love Scarlet's Walk.

Did you guys see her on Daily Download on FUSE today? Very tough lady to interview, but the performance of "Leather" was fun.

I dunno. You girls keep me posted on what you think about this one.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

I'm on the third listen and I think I'm on my way to falling in love with it. But I also loved Scarlet's Walk.

I did not see that interview, but I know she's tough. That's our Tori.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #132
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:46 AM
I just saw that 'The Beekeeper' is the #1 downloaded album on iTunes for the day.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:24 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Well, there was a presale for her tour this morning and I came up empty handed for Denver, which is unheard of. I got right through with no problem and it said no tickets available. Weird. It's the only presale I've never gotten tickets for Tori. I remember for Scarlet's Walk I spent a good hour tossing decent tickets back into the pool until I finally settled on 5th row center and people were still getting good seats in the presale the next day. Now, didn't even get offered anything.

Of course they're all bitching over in the Tori forum (I couldn't help but peek but it's so scary over there) about what a scam the presale is, and how is it possible that one minute after tickets went on sale (through her website, I might add, not Ticketmaster) they were already up on ebay for $250 (her tickets are only $43), and "at least U2 loves their fans enough to try to make it right" lol...

Oh well.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
I'm really enjoying the album. It's nothing mindblowing, but it's very accessible for a Tori album... without sacrificing integrity.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:48 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

That's basically how I'm feeling about it.