New Tori Amos record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't planted mine yet but I'm planning to. I have a little garden space but planting here is tricky right now. We're having spring weather followed by blizzards then spring weather then frost so I'm not sure when to plant yet.

I still haven't connected with Orange Knickers yet but that's how it is with me and Tori...I'll not like a song for a long time and then suddenly it's my favorite. Mostly I still haven't gotten over the title!

There tends not to be that problem here in the spring. :wink: But I have learned not to leave my plants outside in the summertime or they'll be scorched to a crisp.

oh I love cars and guitars and ribbons undone puts tears in my eyes.

I adore Parasol, orange knickers, sleeps with butterlys, goodbye picses... fantastic album....and I think she is totally crazy, the dvd proves that. I love her - looking forward to seeing her play london in June and tom mcrae is supporting who I also adore! should be an amazing night.

Wow. I want to hear that as a b-side on the next single! It sounds so beautiful and the lyrics take on a completely different meaning (or even a meaning at all!) when Tori sings it.

Edit: Had to get Doughnut Song while I was at it, as that's long been my favorite Tori song. It is excellent and takes me back to when I heard her play it on the Dew Drop Inn tour. :drool:

P.S. I'll PM you back as soon as I can, joyful. :)

Last edited:
So I finally freaking listened to The Beekeeper. I know I'm super late, better late than never though! It was really good. I didnt know what to expect, so many ho-hum reviews, but it was fantastic on first listen. I'd agree that it was a bit long, but I dont blame her for not knowing what to cut.

The title track was my favorite on the CD, for obvious electronic purposes. :up:

:applaud:

The title song is my favorite, too, and apparently it is the highlight of the tour, according to fan reviews. It's what "I Can't See New York" was to the last tour. I listened to the live, solo version and it's fantastic (the new material in general sounds great live and solo--check out Parasol, too):

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/index.html

I actually like long records, but that's just me. I know a lot of people don't.

One more week til the Tori Denver show. :hyper:

THANK YOU, guys, for reminding me that hereinmyhead website exists. I haven't had enough dosh to buy the latest Tori or U2 (pats myself sympathetically).

Anyway, I listened to PARASOL on the updates section, and it sounds like Tori is playing AT LEAST three keyboards!!! Someone explain, post pictures please!!! Is she playing with her feet as well on the organ, or what?! This is the most exciting piano news I've got since Alicia Keys played an intro upside-down sitting on the piano!

Also, also, don't you just love Tori's speaking voice...

foray

foray said:

Anyway, I listened to PARASOL on the updates section, and it sounds like Tori is playing AT LEAST three keyboards!!! Someone explain, post pictures please!!! Is she playing with her feet as well on the organ, or what?!

foray

Having seen her upclose many times, I can tell you she has 6 hands with 12 fingers on each. Seriously! :D Listen to Beekeeper next. I'll wait. :)

foray said:
But - but - it really does sound like it's a double layered organ + piano. Am I right, or..?

Downloading beekeeper now.

I don't know what the hell she's playing. You have a better ear for that than I do. There are times when the audience bursts into cheers and applause for no obvious reason and I can only imagine she must be doing some serious multitasking, lol. I'm seeing her next week, though, so I'll let you know.

foray said:
Tell me all about it, the ad lib, everything! Piccies, ok! :D

I'm falling in love with this woman all over again.

foray

Her voice just keeps getting better and better. I'll post a full review. I've never seen her solo without the band before and it's a very small theatre so I'm quite excited. :)

I'm just back from Denver where I saw Tori Tuesday and U2 Wednesday. I felt kinda detached during Tori's show but thought it was just me because she was wonderful as always. I figured I was just still on U2 overdrive and having difficulty settling down for a different kind of show. I told a friend she was wonderful, but I was not fully there. But just now I read the fan reviews over on thedent.com and people are really upset because the set was so short and she cut two encores. I haven't been following the setlists closely so even though I knew it was short I just figured she's doing short sets on her solo tour. Not so, apparently--our show was cut mysteriously short. And apparently it wasn't just all me--people felt it wasn't her best show. I have to say, it was the first Tori show I've ever attended (and there have been quite a few) where I wasn't moved. But at the same time, she performed beautifully so I can't quite put my finger on what was missing.

The setlist wasn't my favorite but it's always fun to see what Tori pulls out of her bag.

Original Sinsuality
Little Amsterdam
Icicle
Your Cloud
Jamaica Inn
Father Lucifer
Cool On Your Island

I Ran (A Flock Of Seagulls cover)
Suzanne (Leonard Cohen cover)

The Power Of Orange Knickers
Cloud On My Tongue
Space Dog
Parasol
Carbon
The Beekeeper

1st Encore
Leather

2nd Encore
Putting The Damage On

Apparently Toast and Tear in Your Hand were on the original setlist for encores.

And for U2popmofo > you'll be happy to hear that Tori was sporting a diaphanous pink cape. :wink:

foray said:
But - but - it really does sound like it's a double layered organ + piano. Am I right, or..?

Downloading beekeeper now.

Tori had onstage the Bosey, two organs and keyboards. One organ had two keyboards (I guess the double-layer you mention) and the other one was like the one in the church of my childhood, with the foot pedals (I don't know anything about organs so excuse my lame descriptions). One setup was the usual one where she had the piano and organ back to back with her in the middle, and then the other organ was set up with the keyboards the same way so that Tori would get up and move to the other setup when she needed it. That's probably about as clear as mud but I've been driving all day and I'm kinda delirious. :slant:

joyfulgirl said:
And for U2popmofo > you'll be happy to hear that Tori was sporting a diaphanous pink cape. :wink:

:ohmy:

Tori Amos and Dracula, showing us all that capes can be cool. :wink:

I would have gotten kicked out of the concert during the Flock of Seagulss cover.....................................because I would have been cheering so loudly. :up:

u2popmofo said:

I would have gotten kicked out of the concert during the Flock of Seagulss cover.....................................because I would have been cheering so loudly. :up:

I forgot to say how great that was! She introduced it saying it might be a disaster but that she was on this 80's kick. It took me awhile to recognize it because as usual, she made it hers.

I have loved that song since I was a little girl listening to "She's So Unusual" on vinyl. Awesome performance. :love:

Has anyone listened to her cover of 'Father Figure'? Man oh man. Another fantastic original song.

I was actually dissapointed the first time I saw Tori on the Straneg Little Girl tour - she said she was ill and cut the set list short (now I know she couldnt help that), we had really crap seats as well and the set list she did play wasnt that great but anyway...

Im looking forward to seeing her next month. Got much better seats this time about 4th row, whereas before we were at the very back of the balcony and could hardly see a thing.

Im liking her set lists this tour as well. Should be good :)

celia said:
I was actually dissapointed the first time I saw Tori on the Straneg Little Girl tour - she said she was ill and cut the set list short (now I know she couldnt help that), we had really crap seats as well and the set list she did play wasnt that great but anyway...

Im looking forward to seeing her next month. Got much better seats this time about 4th row, whereas before we were at the very back of the balcony and could hardly see a thing.

Im liking her set lists this tour as well. Should be good :)

I forgot to post a follow-up saying that apparently it was learned that Tori cut the Denver show short because she had a sore throat. Having just recovered from strep myself, I can appreciate that. Can't help but feel disappointed by the show, though. When I listen to some of these live clips from the tour on hereinmyhead.com I get the goosebumps I was hoping for in Denver. She is doing some powerful performances--I hope your show is one of them! Maybe she'll come back my way in August.

HeartlandGirl said:
I have loved that song since I was a little girl listening to "She's So Unusual" on vinyl. Awesome performance. :love:

Has anyone listened to her cover of 'Father Figure'? Man oh man. Another fantastic original song.

Cyndi had a some incredible songs. I was a big girl listening to and loving "She's so Unusual" on vinyl. :wink:

And I agree about "Father Figure," too. She really is on an 80's kick and is picking some of my favorites.

I confess that I've recently considered buying 'Faith' on CD. A few weeks ago I saw George Michael's 'Behind the Music,' and I remembered all the fantastic songs on that album. I own it on cassette, but it might be nice to pick it up in a format I'll actually listen to. :wink:

It might also be worth picking up 'Make It Big' by Wham...kind of a pop classic... :shifty:

HeartlandGirl said:
I confess that I've recently considered buying 'Faith' on CD. A few weeks ago I saw George Michael's 'Behind the Music,' and I remembered all the fantastic songs on that album. I own it on cassette, but it might be nice to pick it up in a format I'll actually listen to. :wink:

I think I have it. :reject: I keep rescuing it from the bag that's supposed to go to the store to trade in. Now I may actually have to listen to it.

for you nightowls:

Don't miss Tori Amos TONIGHT as she performs on THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH CRAIG FERGUSON Wednesday May 11, 2005 12:35 AM on CBS.

Check you local listings. :)

Back
Top Bottom