New Tori Amos record - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
This is my FAVOURITE Tori single. I LOVE the 'Dakota' version! I was in a car accident last year and totalled my car. They towed it off to the wrecking yard and after all was said and done with insurance and getting a new car and everything, I realized that I'd left my 'Hey Jupiter' CD in the totalled car!
I've been looking for it in stores but haven't found it. I guess I'll have to order one for myself before it gets discontinued!
My local record store usually has at least two copies of it. If you like, I'd be happy to pick one up for you.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #77
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

On another tangent, the other night I found my copy of To Venus and Back (the actual album), which I thought I hadn't seen for two years. I swear I had looked inside the CD player where I found it countless times and played other stuff in there in the meanwhile. Just a little faery dust at work, perhaps?

You're telling me I made that copy for you for nothing? For NOTHING??!!!!!

On a side note, I quite like Scarlet's Walk (HLG got it for me for Christmas). It freaked me out when some tiny cat fell out of the case. I later learned they come with charms. How was I to know??!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
You're telling me I made that copy for you for nothing? For NOTHING??!!!!!

On a side note, I quite like Scarlet's Walk (HLG got it for me for Christmas). It freaked me out when some tiny cat fell out of the case. I later learned they come with charms. How was I to know??!!!
It wasn't for nothing! I like your copy! It shows the song titles when I play it in my car.

Are you sure Juno didn't try to mail herself to you? :cat:
Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The live performance of Honey on the Librarian DVD?

Quote:

I haven't heard any of the Talula B-sides yet (Samurai, Frog on My Toe, London Girls
Those are ok, not great, imo. Fun songs, but not ones that I listen to much. Or at all, actually. A lot of people seem to like Frog and London Girls, though.

Quote:

On another tangent, the other night I found my copy of To Venus and Back (the actual album), which I thought I hadn't seen for two years. I swear I had looked inside the CD player where I found it countless times and played other stuff in there in the meanwhile. Just a little faery dust at work, perhaps?
See, now you're scaring me. I have two copies of Scarlet's Walk: the basic version was a gift, and then of course I had to have the limited edition version, too, so I used one for travel and one for home. Recently I could not find the travel one anywhere for about 2 weeks. It drove me nuts. Everyday I would look a little more and get more frustrated. Then I finally found it by chance in my travel case, stuck in one of the slots behind another CD.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #80
Blue Meth Addict

I really like 'London Girls'. I had that on a little mix I had on MD ages ago. I had a buddy who was a big Tori fan, he told me to put it on there. I thank him for that.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe I should resurrect it and put it on a mix.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:41 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
My local record store usually has at least two copies of it. If you like, I'd be happy to pick one up for you.
HeartlandGirl, you are a sweetheart!
How much is it where you are? I was just thinking of ordering on amazon.ca. It's $14.99 CDN which is about $11.50 USD. Or I might check if it's just cheaper to order it through my local store. I dunno - with postage to Canada, could it possibly end up costing more?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

All of the TVAB singles are wonderful, HG, if you haven't discovered them yet. Beautiful live versions of Famous Blue Raincoat, Twinkle, Hey Jupiter, Upside Down, Baker Baker and Winter.

Other must-have singles are both versions of Jackie's Strength, one with an incredible remix of Father Lucifer, and the other with the gorgeous b-side Never Seen Blue, and Spark with Purple People.

If you can't find all of these I'd be happy to make you a b-sides mix. All of these contain some of my favorite Tori songs.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
HeartlandGirl, you are a sweetheart!
How much is it where you are? I was just thinking of ordering on amazon.ca. It's $14.99 CDN which is about $11.50 USD. Or I might check if it's just cheaper to order it through my local store. I dunno - with postage to Canada, could it possibly end up costing more?
It's a bit cheaper here--I'm pretty sure it's around $8. Shipping to Canada? It couldn't be that bad, could it? I could pick it up tomorrow on my way home from work. Let me know what you decide, and if you want me to get it for you, e-mail me your address. If it's easier for you to just pick it up locally, though, that's cool too.

babyswan11 [at] hotmail [dot] com
Old 01-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
All of the TVAB singles are wonderful, HG, if you haven't discovered them yet. Beautiful live versions of Famous Blue Raincoat, Twinkle, Hey Jupiter, Upside Down, Baker Baker and Winter.

Other must-have singles are both versions of Jackie's Strength, one with an incredible remix of Father Lucifer, and the other with the gorgeous b-side Never Seen Blue, and Spark with Purple People.

If you can't find all of these I'd be happy to make you a b-sides mix. All of these contain some of my favorite Tori songs.
Let's see. The only TVAB single I have so far is 1000 Oceans with the Baker Baker live version. The version of Spark that I have has Do It Again and Cooling on it.

Live versions of Hey Jupiter, Upside Down, Winter, and Twinkle? I may have to take you up on this mix idea... Do you own all these singles? I think I'll still be motivated to buy the singles I find even if I had a mix with all of them. They're so cheap, and I enjoy collecting CDs by a few choice artists.

The only single I've seen and not bought is the Professional Widow one with all the remixes...I don't much care for the remix on Librarian, so that's why I've avoided it. Any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

It's a bit cheaper here--I'm pretty sure it's around $8. Shipping to Canada? It couldn't be that bad, could it? I could pick it up tomorrow on my way home from work. Let me know what you decide, and if you want me to get it for you, e-mail me your address. If it's easier for you to just pick it up locally, though, that's cool too.

babyswan11 [at] hotmail [dot] com
I will check the record store tomorrow and e-mail you. Thanks again for the offer HG, you ROCK!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Live versions of Hey Jupiter, Upside Down, Winter, and Twinkle? I may have to take you up on this mix idea... Do you own all these singles? I think I'll still be motivated to buy the singles I find even if I had a mix with all of them. They're so cheap, and I enjoy collecting CDs by a few choice artists.

The only single I've seen and not bought is the Professional Widow one with all the remixes...I don't much care for the remix on Librarian, so that's why I've avoided it. Any thoughts?
Yes, I own all the singles I mentioned. You need them!!! Say the word and I'll make a mix. The Spark single with Purple People is really good. You have the live version of Purple People on TVAB Still Orbiting, but the single is fabulous. It also has a song called Bachelorette and a gorgeous rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas which rivals her cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and can make me cry on a hot summer day.

The Jackie's Strength single with Never Seen Blue and Beulah Land is fantastic. Beulah Land sounds like it was recorded during the Pele sessions--has those choir vocals like on Way Down. The other Jackie's Strength single has the most fabulous remix of Father Lucifer (the Sylkscreen Remix) and a disco mix of Jackie's Strength (the Wedding Cake Edit) that I used to hear in gay bars. I don't even like that song much but the remix is great.

You were wise to skip the Professional Widow single. Unless you really want to hear club beats with "honey bring it close" and "gotta be big" on irritating 8 minute loops, you don't ever need to even hear it. I put it on tonight before responding because I'd fogotten what it sounded like and about a quarter of the way through I was starting to feel homicidal so I had to turn it off! It's good to have for your collection if only for the cover picture but don't rush out and get it.

You might like the BT Blue Skies stuff more than I do. It's just not my thing, but some people really like it. I appreciate it, but I never listen to it.

The a sorta fairytale single has a nice little lullaby on it called Operation Peter Pan, very unique for Tori in that there's no piano, just an acoustic guitar.

Tori tangents.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Since things have been so boring around here lately, what with no good tour info or ticket fiascos or anything, here's something to look forward to:

from tori.com:

TORI ON TOUR
Sounds like we are going to have some information by next week about official tour dates. We'll get you the details as soon as we have them....

Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Other recent Tori info I got in an email last night:

WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING TORI AMOS APPEARANCES!
February 17 - Late Night with David Letterman
February 19 - Weekend Today
February 22 - Live with Regis and Kelly
February 23 - Book signing at Barnes & Noble-Union Square - 6PM
33 East 17th Street, NY, NY 10003, 212-253-0810
Tori will be signing copies of her brand new CD The Beekeeper and her new book Piece by Piece!
February 24 - An Evening in Conversation with Tori Amos and Ann Powers at New York's 92 St. Y - 8PM
(92nd and Lexington)/Kaufmann Concert Hall
Week of February 28 - Last Call with Carson Daly (stay tuned for exact air date)
Set your TiVo's and mark your calendars!

VIDEO NEWS!
This coming weekend (Jan 29) Tori will be busy shooting the video for "Sleeps with Butterflies." She's tapped Laurent Brier to direct her latest video endeavor. He's worked with the likes of Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Aphex Twins. Rumor is she's chosen to work with Laurent because his concepts are hugely influenced by illustrators and painters, similar to Tori's. Stay tuned to this space and to ToriAmos.com for a clip!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ok, joyful, you talked me into it. I'll PM you my address soon.