New Tori Amos Album - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #286
The Fly

Local Time: 11:04 PM

Omaha! I was really disappointed when she skipped over Nebraska for the Original Sin/Summer of Sin tours but, in retrospect, I guess that was good (I wasn't really a fan of them). Hopefully I can go but this time I'll be skipping the Meet & Greet (if there is one).

Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Everyone skips Abq.

The question is, is this tour road trip worthy? Late November in Denver? Sooo iffy weather-wise.

But she often does multiple legs and comes back around later in the tour. Maybe, maybe not.
Yeah, I was looking at the list of dates wondering which shows you would be thinking about. I just can't get off work to go traveling around for shows. Hopefully, like you said, she'll announce some more dates.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

Yeah, I was looking at the list of dates wondering which shows you would be thinking about. I just can't get off work to go traveling around for shows. Hopefully, like you said, she'll announce some more dates.
I hear you. Since my office has a rather unorthodox, European, approach to time off, I can easily take a vacation day and still have plenty of vacation days left (we get like 6 weeks vacation, don't hate me ). I go to Denver regularly anyway to see friends and to shop so it doesn't even seem like a big road trip deal or anything.

But traveling between here and Denver anytime after the first week in November is iffy at best because of the weather.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Haha, I don't hate you. I get about three months total of time off from work...I just have no say in when that is since it revolves around the school year calendar.

I really want to see Tori this time around for two reasons, I guess. I've seen her a couple times, and shouldn't be greedy about it, but I was excited to see the 'doll' performances. And the last time I saw her, I was really sick and barely remember the show.

Ah, well. We shall see what happens! If she does swing by here, you and I will have to meet up for drinks or something.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #290
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:04 AM
I wish I was a teacher too so I could get 3 months off!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Haha, I don't hate you. I get about three months total of time off from work...I just have no say in when that is since it revolves around the school year calendar.

I really want to see Tori this time around for two reasons, I guess. I've seen her a couple times, and shouldn't be greedy about it, but I was excited to see the 'doll' performances. And the last time I saw her, I was really sick and barely remember the show.

Ah, well. We shall see what happens! If she does swing by here, you and I will have to meet up for drinks or something.
Oh, that's right. It's teachers and their three months off we're supposed to hate, not me.

I haven't done much research on this tour but from what I understand she comes out as one of the dolls each night for the first part of the show and then at some point becomes our Tori again, but that regardless of which doll she is she does songs by each doll, not just that one doll. I'm still kind of lukewarm on the dolls but it would be fun to see her all (ahem) dolled out.

Tori, dolls and drinks with HG.

Zootles will see Tori, I predict.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

Hopefully! But I'm still not sure if I'm gonna drive to a new venue in Syracuse (cos it's on a saturday and convenient) or take a day off from work and see her in the good old big apple!

Holy shit! How awesome would it be if Syracuse native U2girl416 made it to that show?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Hopefully! But I'm still not sure if I'm gonna drive to a new venue in Syracuse (cos it's on a saturday and convenient) or take a day off from work and see her in the good old big apple!
I vote both.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I wish I was a teacher too so I could get 3 months off!

Quote:
Oh, that's right. It's teachers and their three months off we're supposed to hate, not me.
Hey now! We earn every minute of it! (Seriously, without this time off, probably more teachers would burn out even faster than they already do...)

I wish there were some magical Tori show where we could all three go see her together (and have drinks too!). Nothing is quite as awesome as going to a show with other fans who truly love the artist like you do. Plus you guys are just the best.

*continues burning candles in front of my ADP poster in hopes of a Phx show*
Old 07-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Hey now! We earn every minute of it! (Seriously, without this time off, probably more teachers would burn out even faster than they already do...)
Hey, I'd give you a fat raise, too. I know a lot of teachers and they all work a lot harder than I do.

Quote:
I wish there were some magical Tori show where we could all three go see her together (and have drinks too!). Nothing is quite as awesome as going to a show with other fans who truly love the artist like you do. Plus
Wouldn't that be awesome! It's so true. I've enjoyed taking people to see her who are new to her music the last couple of tours, and that's been great in its own way, too, but I knew they weren't getting all the nuances that I wanted to connect with someone over. We know Tori's a road dog and I really think she'll hit Phoenix and hopefully Abq next year. :fingerscrossed:

If not ... there's always Radiohead.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:

Holy shit! How awesome would it be if Syracuse native U2girl416 made it to that show?
I can't lie, I already was looking up airfare the day I looked at the tour dates and trying to see if I could swing it. it's VERY tempting and another excuse to see my parents aka free room and food the Landmark Theater is a very nice venue. I've seen Tori 3 times there and it's on a Saturday too.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #297
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Hey, I'd give you a fat raise, too. I know a lot of teachers and they all work a lot harder than I do.

Wouldn't that be awesome! It's so true. I've enjoyed taking people to see her who are new to her music the last couple of tours, and that's been great in its own way, too, but I knew they weren't getting all the nuances that I wanted to connect with someone over. We know Tori's a road dog and I really think she'll hit Phoenix and hopefully Abq next year. :fingerscrossed:

If not ... there's always Radiohead.
I wouldn't complain about the raise, that's for sure.

Gah, and Radiohead...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I wish there were some magical Tori show where we could all three go see her together (and have drinks too!). Nothing is quite as awesome as going to a show with other fans who truly love the artist like you do. Plus you guys are just the best.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

I'm in possession of tickets.

Tags
tori amos