New Tori Amos Album - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Mr. Bad Man sequeing into Fat Slut cracks me up.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #197
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:58 AM
I think Fat Slut is kinda unnecessary. I do like Yo George despite the oft repeated subject matter. Plus it's short anyway, it's not like she goes on and on about Bush! Joyful is gonna hate me... but I really cannot get into Code Red so far. Listened to it just now in the car on my way back from work and it feels totally unmemorable. Like I said before, maybe it'll grow on me. This album to me is kinda like Scarlet's Walk.. that one took a few weeks for me to appreciate all the songs. Initiially, nothing really stood out, they all sounded similar. On a positive note, I'm starting to appreciate Girl Disappearing, Secret Spell and Teenage Hustling to an extent.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
I think Fat Slut is kinda unnecessary.
I'd totally edit out Flat Slut but since it's there, today in the car it made me laugh going from the perky Mr Big Man to the harsh Fat Slut. Sounded like something I'd do on a mix.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Joyful is gonna hate me... but I really cannot get into Code Red so far. Listened to it just now in the car on my way back from work and it feels totally unmemorable.
Nah, you and I both love Tori but we almost never love the same songs. That's what's so great about Tori...something for everyone. I think Code Red is one of the best things I've heard from Tori since the late 90s. But who knows, maybe by next week I'll be sick of it and will have discovered a new favorite.

Do I need to go back and find all the quotes from you each time you bought a new Tori record where you didn't think you were going to like it and then you came back a week later and were like, blown away?? Huh?? Do I???
Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
Do I need to go back and find all the quotes from you each time you bought a new Tori record where you didn't think you were going to like it and then you came back a week later and were like, blown away??
I think I remember when I used those words "blown away" too!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #200
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ok, so on lunch I got up through #17 and I have to say, "DAMN!" There is no song yet that I dislike! There's a couple meh kind of songs, but otherwise I'm LOVING this album!!!

Amazing, I really didn't think she had an album like this left in her. I'm SO glad she f*****g proved me wrong!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Ok, so on lunch I got up through #17 and I have to say, "DAMN!" There is no song yet that I dislike! There's a couple meh kind of songs, but otherwise I'm LOVING this album!!!

Amazing, I really didn't think she had an album like this left in her. I'm SO glad she f*****g proved me wrong!!!!!
Agree completely. I loved SW but after Beekeeper I was wondering if she was permanently slipping into adult contemporary blah as well.

Guess who's back
Back again
Tori's back
Tell a friend
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Code Red is excellent.

Actually, the other triple threat of Code Red, Roosterspur Bridge, and Beauty of Speed... Really liking those right now. Velvet Revolution is another favorite.

I'm with Zoots. This reminds me of Scarlet, where the amount of songs is a bit overwhelming, but over time they start to emerge one by one until you love them all. I admit to feeling overwhelmed by this album still...just need more time.

As for Yo George, I like my political music to be a little bit more "fuck you" and in your face (reference Manic Street Preachers), but this song is alright. Probably not necessary, but I'm not skipping it.

Am I the only one paying attention to the doll theme? Looking through who sings what, I am definitely on board with Clyde's songs more than any of the others'.

And Zoots, this is ridiculous. Buy Strange Little Girls immediately. It's worth it alone for Real Men, Time, and Rattlesnakes.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Code Red is excellent.

Actually, the other triple threat of Code Red, Roosterspur Bridge, and Beauty of Speed... Really liking those right now. Velvet Revolution is another favorite.

Am I the only one paying attention to the doll theme? Looking through who sings what, I am definitely on board with Clyde's songs more than any of the others'.
Yes, I love that triple threat plus Velvet Revolution, too.

I'm starting to pay attention to the dolls. I am definitely on board with Tori and Clyde.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Here's a sassy little Tori interview. My favorite quote:

"American women are either career minded ball-busters or they’re slags with no style."

http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/05/03/to...ess/#more-1530
Great interview. She's insane! In a good way.

And check this one out. I want that jacket.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Clyde

Haha, yeah, that interview is bizarre. Like a therapy session gone wrong or something. But I still love her. Underneath it all, she's saying some important stuff.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:58 PM
I really love Pip's songs. They remind me of early Tori. I also love Santa. Digital Ghost and Smokey Joe are rapidly becoming some of my favorite songs alongside Little Earthquakes and Cruel. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm the only one here that loves Yo George.

On a slightly different topic, when listening to tracks 2-5 I found myself thinking that this is what I envision the possible sound of U2's next album being from the band's quotes. Anyone else hear that?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll have to take time to properly listen this weekend. I really need to pay attention to the dolls.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Digital Ghost and Smokey Joe are rapidly becoming some of my favorite songs alongside Little Earthquakes and Cruel. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm the only one here that loves Yo George.
I think Smokey Joe is fantastic!! It's so haunting and creepy and classic Tori. I love the background vocals. That and Code Red are my favorites. Yo George I really don't mind.

Listening to ADP on my iPod last night for the first time (vs. in the car or in the background) I can easily say I think it's her best work in a long time. I think I pretty much love it all the way through, even the fillers. I hear the best of all of her periods coming through on this one. There are songs that are reminiscent of the LE/UTP/BFP era, Choirgirl/SLG/TVAB, and SW/Beekeeper. It's like every Tori record rolled into one and it works.

Last night I was also browsing through her catalog on my iTunes and playing random songs, and much like my other favorite artists (U2, Radiohead, Wilco) I pretty much love or like everything. What an amazing career she's had. What a stunning body of work.

The tour is going to be and possibly harder to get tickets for.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

I was in a Tori mood last night (if you all couldn't tell ) and I agree jg - an amazing body of work.

I'm getting tickets this time if it kills me.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #210
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:58 PM
So as I promised in the last album you bought thread, I sat down today with my iPod and listened to "Little Earthquakes"...OMG it's one of the best albums I've heard in ages! Every song on it is brilliant and her voice is stunning. I will definitely be checking more of her work out! Every song, I kept telling myself, "I'll finish listening later, after I clean", but I could not put it down. I had to listen straight through. Thanks for convincing me dears! And LarryMullens_PopAngel, I think we live about 10 minutes from each other (if I'm remembering Myspace correctly), so if you hear anything about when Tori is coming to town, let me know...I might have to consider getting tickets too.

Tags
tori amos