New 'The Strokes' Single Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it! Especially the new wave-y synth line! Sounds like they new album won't disappoint. Thanks Mofo. :bow:

it's ok...i think it'll be a grower. but i think that their song reptilia would have made a better single. it rocks! i can't wait to hear the studio version of it. :hyper:

sounds like any other song they have done before. nothing new at all.
they are a nice band any-ways. no i will not buy their new album not my kind of music. but they are a nice band.

I don't think they have the talent to do anything but this one sound. They've added a key lead for this one. Same guitars, same drums, same vocals as every other Strokes tune.

That guitar/synth lead sounds awful. It's, dare i say, cheesy. And you can hardly hear his vocals?

I was a huge fan of the first album, but, IMO, this single gives me that sophmore slump feeling. Not happy.

I like it.

Honestly, if you're going to rip on a band for doing the same type of thing over again, you should probably throw the majority of your cd collection in the garbage.

Bunbury said:
They blow, Ramones wannabes.

No no no. You're comparing apples to oranges.
They are nothing like the ramones. thats blasphemy.

I think it's a great little ditty...fun to hum along to and do those 80's style "clap clap" along to it.

:madspit:

let's see....i don't like the strokes, but i'll give it a listen.

i like this. not going to become my favourite song or favourite band in the near future, but i'd rather listen to this than many other songs that are out there.

HOW IN THE FUCKING HELL do you say they rip off the ramones? makes me wonder: have you ever heard the ramones??

IWasBored said:

explain what you mean by this then.

The first time I saw them they reminded of the Ramones by the way they look, and I just don't like their music its bad for my ears :lol: I don't undertand the hype over The Strokes.

Last edited:
How are they live?

I work in guest services in an arena in Toronto and I could have seen them for free in October, but I put that I wasn't available on that day. Should I try to switch shifts with somebody or what?

u2popmofo said:
I like it.

Honestly, if you're going to rip on a band for doing the same type of thing over again, you should probably throw the majority of your cd collection in the garbage.

Good bands grow and move on. They also can occupy different moods and colours. The Strokes do not have this ability. One trick pony, and a bad trick at that.

Last edited:
anitram said:
How are they live?

I work in guest services in an arena in Toronto and I could have seen them for free in October, but I put that I wasn't available on that day. Should I try to switch shifts with somebody or what?

Decent. Sounds like the record but with sluuuuuuured vocals. He's a raging alcoholic.

muchos gracias to the u2popmofo meister :bow:
i've heard it a couple of times already on the radio but now it's nice to have it on hand. :kiss:
hmm. me thinks i smell making a mixed cd in my near future. :hyper:
any ideas on when the album is coming out?
btw...i don't think they bare any resemblance to the Ramones. whatsoever.
but i wouldn't call what the Strokes do as mind blowing. this song especially does sounds like their other stuff...
it is by no means original...it's the 70's rehashed...but i take them for what it is and they're alot of fun. :up:
for what it's worth, i'll take the Strokes over the emo screamo rap metal crap that i'm hearing in high rotation on the radio ANYday.
IMO it was quite refreshing to hear new stuff by the Strokes on the radio :up:

very catchy indeed. love the hand claps. here are the lyrics.

Talk to me now I'm older
Your friend's okay
'Cause I told her
Friday night's lookin' lonely
Change your plans and then phone me

We can go and get forties
Fuck goin' to that party
Oh really? your folks are away now
Alright, let's go, you convinced me

12:51 is the time
My voice found the words I sought
'Cause it's a stage I walked
Could the world be
Shutting out for us (?)
We were tense for sure
But we was con-fi-dent

Kiss me now that I'm older
I won't try to control ya
Friday night's lookin' lonely
Take it slow but don't warn me
We can go and get forties
They can go to some party
Oh really? your folks are away now
Alright I'm comin', I'll be right there

i love when people base opinions around a bands appearance. and if they look like they're ripping off another bands' 'look', then they must suck.

Back
Top Bottom