New Ryan Adams Song For Download - Trying To Be Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the think that amazes me most in Ryan Adams is his singing
(even more than being one of the best songwriters of the last 10+ years)
he really can adapt to whatever the song asks for
and though this might not be my fave Ryan song
the singing is again spot on IMO

so :up: :up:

the guitars are like EDGE's.(some one is trying to be like the edge)

ryan will never be like bono.

this is BONO.
. AND WAY DOWN IS RYAN.

it also sounds like a cure song.

I love the ending as well. :)

I've heard one of the other songs from the album as well, and I think it just may be my favorite Ryan song. :heart: I cannot wait for this album!

that's a Ryan Adams song?

goodbye alt. country
hello U2 B-side!

An article in the new issue of Rolling Stone talks about Ryan's new sound:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six months ago, Ryan Adams was in a slump. "I'd sort of lost my interest in playing music," Adams says. "I'd been obsessed with writing all these confessional songs. I didn't know how to not be so self-serious, because I was so bummed out. It was like I was caught in some really shitty Kafka novel - it was, like, country goth." After taking some time off, he started doing what he does best: writing songs. The notoriously prolific Adams holed up in a converted rehearsal space in the basement of Hi-Fi, a bar in Manhattan's East Village, and began recording four-track tapes with a friend. The difference this time around: Adams was playing almost exclusively electric guitars, which gave the tunes a looser, less-depressive feel. "I always just figured that I was crap as a guitarist," he says. "But I really like to turn up the guitar and get all Black Flag about it. It was a lot more interesting than confessional folk rock."

Adams recorded some of the songs at a New York studio, and the result was his electrified new record lloR N kcoR (hint: Hold the title up to a mirror). Though he says he can't compete with his boyhood guitar heroes - Johnny Marr, Bob Mould, the Grateful Dead's Bob Weir and Jerry Garcia - there are traces of those players all over the place, from the grating dissonances that kick off the album to the classic-rock clamor of "1974" to the delicate interplay of "Song For A Girl In Los Angeles". In fact, lloR N kcoR serves as a primer of basic guitar strategies from Lynyrd Skynyrd to U2. It's a successful, if not shocking, artistic makeover for the increasingly upbeat-sounding Adams. "I really want my playing to be good," says Adams, who hasn't exactly been known for his humility in the past. "But it always comes out shitty. I guess I just want it to sound f-u-n." It does.

IMO the man is so amazingly talented that it will always be interesting to check out his new stuff
be it electric, acoustic, country or rock

:up:

Johnny Marr meets Edge .. I like it. Reminds me of the late 80's when WE were so alive.

i think during the first verses it sounds more like Morissey (Smiths) but during the chorus it sounds so much like Bono!

but who cares what he sounds like... he?s got his own voice, if its sounds like ... what must he do...

this song rocks, so do Ryan.. :)

has anybody heard the Love Is Hell EPs?

those are fantabulous sets of music

those EPs are self confessional pieces of music and arent designed to be played out loud at parties like Rock and Roll or Demolition though

I love the EPs!

Love Is Hell is being released as a full album on May 4th. I think Lost Highway realized the error of their ways. :rolleyes: DUH!

Bonochick said:
I love the EPs!

Love Is Hell is being released as a full album on May 4th. I think Lost Highway realized the error of their ways. :rolleyes: DUH!

Damn, any new songs on it? Or just the two combined?

I've just got into Ryan Adams this year and I honestly think Love is Hell and Rock n Roll are 2 of the greatest albums released in years. I dig Ryan Adams the same way I felt about u2 when I first heard them in 87 or Pearl Jam when I first heard them in 91 or Grant Lee Buffalo when I first heard them in 93. It's been a long time since someone's hit me this hard, when it does I tell everyone I know about it and try to turn them onto to them.

Back
Top Bottom