New Rolling Stones Tour !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love to, but I can't afford it. My parents treated me to the last two Stones tours, so I'm not going to ask them to take me again.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Did they put out a new album, or do they just tour every time U2 does?

Actually I'd like to go if they come here.

I think the main reason is it's their 40th anniversary this year, z edge. And I couldn't be more excited!
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking right now how cool it'd be to take me dad, who's never seen them live before.
smile.gif

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

I keep telling my dad and brother that they have to go together. They're both Stones fans, they would love it. I like the Stones, too, but I'll be away at college.
frown.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Rolling Stones Ride Blimp, Announce Tour

05.07.2002 6:11 PM EDT

MTV.COM

Nearly 40 years into their never-ending career, the Rolling Stones still know how to stage a gangbusters press conference. On Tuesday (May 7), the band announced its upcoming tour by descending into Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx, New York, on a blimp adorned with their infamous lips logo.

In 1997, the Stones plugged their tour for Bridges to Babylon by driving a red Cadillac convertible across the Brooklyn Bridge, for the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994 they sailed into a New York pier on John F. Kennedy's presidential yacht the Honeyfitz and in 1989 they boarded a train to New York's Grand Central Station to promote the Steel Wheels tour.

Since they've been off the road for three years and aren't getting any more agile with age, booking agents are probably hoping they can still perform with as much skill as they promote. The Rolling Stones World Tour 2002/2003 launches on September 5 in Foxboro, Massachusetts, at the CMGI Field. The last of the first batch of 32 shows will be February 1, 2003 in Denver at the Pepsi Center.

While the Stones will play a stadium or arena in each major market, they'll also perform at various theaters and clubs.

Opening acts for the tour will include No Doubt, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang; more acts will be announced later in the week.

Average ticket prices are $85 for stadiums, $100 for arenas and $50 for theatres and clubs. Starting today, fans can purchase advance tickets on the Sam Goody Web site for a $60 sign-up fee. Golden Circle arena seats run up to $300.

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2002/2003 was announced as its own event, though the trek may coincide with the release of a new album. The band is currently completing negotiations to issue a career-encompassing greatest-hits CD which will include new material. The Stones plan to enter the studio later this month, according to a statement issued by their label.

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2002/2003 dates, according to the band's publicist:
9/5 - Foxboro, MA @ CMGI Field
9/8 - Boston, MA @ The Orpheum Theatre
9/10 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
9/13 - Chicago, IL @ Comiskey Park
9/16 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
9/18 - Philadelphia, PA @ Veterans Stadium
9/22 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
9/26 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
9/28 - East Rutherford , NJ @ Giants Stadium
9/30 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
10/4 - Landover, MD @ FedExField
10/12 - Dearborn, MI @ Ford Field
10/14 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
10/16 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
10/18 - Toronto, ON @ SkyDome
10/20 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
10/22 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ National Car Rental Center
10/23 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
10/26 - Atlanta, GA @ Turner Field
10/31 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
11/2 - Anaheim, CA @ Edison International Field
11/4 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theatre
11/8 - San Francisco, CA @ Pacific Bell Park
11/14 - San Diego, CA @ San Diego Sports Arena
11/23 - San Antonio, TX @ SBC Center
11/25 - Nashville, TN @ Gaylord Entertainment Center
11/29 - Las Vegas, NV @ TBA
1/8 - Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
1/10 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
1/25 - Houston, TX @ Reliant Stadium
1/30 - Phoenix, AZ @ America West Arena
biggrin.gif

2/1 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

Additional cities and venues to be announced.

The Stones are actually being anti-scalper, at least for the theater shows.
For the theater shows, everything is will call, similar to what Springsteen did for the first 17 rows on his last tour. You get a letter, you show up with the letter, your ID, and guest (2 ticket limit). You get your tickets and have to proceed right inside.
And all the seats foir the theaters are only $50.00!
Of course there are presales, but you hafta join samgoody.com's getAccess club which costs $60 for a 1 yr membership.
A bunch of presales are today at 10AM...Boston, Chicago, NY Philly, LA, SF among them.

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I keep telling my dad and brother that they have to go together. They're both Stones fans, they would love it. I like the Stones, too, but I'll be away at college.
frown.gif

At least you'll be going to school with me!
wink.gif

Shit, I'd love to see the Stones...but I'm broke at the moment.

Thanks for the tour update! How cool would it be to see the Stones in one of the small theaters? My dad is a huge fan- maybe I could manage to get him some tickets for father's day.

Yes! Next summer in Gothenburg!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Back
Top Bottom