New REM album streaming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool :up:

'the outsiders' featuring q-tip?? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

I got tickets to see them at the SECC in Glasgow promoting this record, and to be honest, I'm not really feelin' it. There's not enough variation of tempo's for my liking. The record never really gets going. There's some nice songs on it though, I like Electron Blue and High Speed Train. I just wish there was some faster paced songs.

I miss the REM that made Monster and New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing them again, they're a hell of a live band.

i like how the official REM email list is one step behind everyone else...it just sent something out now. haha.

Ha! Ha! I just got the email, too. I listened to the album 4 times today and it's growing on me. It's much more mellow than I thought it would be.

sounds pretty great
but it's safe to say this is not the more rocking album we were promissed around the release of "Bad Day" :D

Last edited:
saw them last october at madison square garden. they opened up with Finest Worksong - talk about coming out of nowhere w/ that one !! good opener

I keep wondering if older bands just can't write classics anymore.
it the age of the instant classic gone?

I really like leaving new york.
haven't heard anything else yet

I think it's their best album since "Automatic". I LOVE The Outsiders. :love: Great lyrics... Around The Sun is such a nice hopeful song. Awesome vocals on "The Ascent Of Man" :up:

so, I listened to it

R.E.M continues to bore

I love slow songs...most of what I listen to is mellow. But this is not up to par

there are a few keepers...but REM will never write anything so instantly memorable as Everybody Hurts

It'll be interesting to see what other reviews look like, but www.allmusic.com rated this new one as REM's all time worst album.

It's funny, I wasnt intersted in the album until I heard the single again today and realized it'd grown on me. We'll see how it ends up being. And I agree with Basstrap, their last few albums have just been.....sub par.

I will agree that Reveal just hobbles along a bit too much
but Up is one of my favourite REM albums

I listened to the link here once
and I liked it a lot
I will admit it wasn't extremely catchy but it was very well done
and Stipe still oozes brilliance

I trying to breastfeed my child and clean up the mess from the freezer defrosting itself overnight. I dont have time for this streaming crap. :angry:

Should I spend $30 on it or not? :confused:

For me, REM has turned into that band I loved so much growing up and now I really really try hard to like thier new stuff. But its average at best. Ill give this time but right now its very underwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom