New Radiohead song! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry


Actually, I think tecnically it wasn't on piano. It's that vo-coder, synthesizer, voice manipulator machine that Thom uses to play Everything In Its Right Place live. It sort-of looks like a tall player piano, but the sound that comes out of it is definitely some sort of synthesized sound.

It's not like the piano Thom played on "Like Spinning Plates" or "Pyramid Song". That was an actual piano.
actually its Jonny who controls Thom's vocals when they play "everything in its right place"

Thom plays the rhodes, and jonny uses the kaos pad
__________________

xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 07-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
Thom plays the rhodes, and jonny uses the kaos pad
i'm sorry. i don't know what a "rhodes" is. is that a piano? the only piano i know is the brand tori amos uses, which is some long word like "bosendorfer", or something like that. (which, by the way, sounds awesome, especially when played by tori)

So the rhodes that thom played for "true loved waits" and "everything in its right place" . . . is that the same piano he used to play "pyramid song", "like spinning plates" and "all i need"????

sorry, i don't know much about musical instruments, so i'm a bit confused.
__________________

FitzChivalry is offline  
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,651
Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry


i'm sorry. i don't know what a "rhodes" is. is that a piano? the only piano i know is the brand tori amos uses, which is some long word like "bosendorfer", or something like that. (which, by the way, sounds awesome, especially when played by tori)

So the rhodes that thom played for "true loved waits" and "everything in its right place" . . . is that the same piano he used to play "pyramid song", "like spinning plates" and "all i need"????

sorry, i don't know much about musical instruments, so i'm a bit confused.
Tori's Bosey

The Rhodes is an electric piano (what you hear in the opening notes of Everything In Its Right Place). Thom plays the upright piano on other piano pieces. Tori also plays a Rhodes sometimes. And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time.
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


Tori's Bosey

The Rhodes is an electric piano (what you hear in the opening notes of Everything In Its Right Place). Thom plays the upright piano on other piano pieces. Tori also plays a Rhodes sometimes. And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time.
yea what she said
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 07-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time.
And that is so AWE-INSPIRING to watch! Instead of "Like Spinning Plates", it turns into "Like Spinning Piano Stool", "Like Spinning Piano Benches". It's frickin' awesome!

Can't wait for the new Tori album, she said in an interview that we haven't heard this Tori in a long time. So hopefully they'll be more rockin' tunes this time!

Ok, back to Radiohead. Thanks for the info on the pianos. Now I know.
FitzChivalry is offline  
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,651
Local Time: 12:32 PM
__________________

joyfulgirl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×