New Radiohead song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry it has taken me so long to update on Friday night's show.

It was SO amazing! And Thom was really funny. During the beginning of "Exit Music", most of the crowd was silent, but some people were hootin' and hollering over the acoustic/vocal and Tom said, "Awww, Shut Up!" Then he sang another line and then said, "Unless you want to come up here and do this?" hahahaha During another part he went to get a drink of water. Since The Greek is in the hills, amid trees and all, there are lots of those little gnats flying about. So Thom goes to drink water and comes back and says, "Wow. Just to let you know, you people have mutant bugs here!" And then he holds his hands about 4 feet apart to illustrate the size of the bugs. hehehehe

I'm more of a "The Bends"/"OK Computer" kind of guy and my close friend is more of a "Kid A"/"Amnesiac" kind of guy. I've seen Radiohead 2 times before and he's never seen them, so I think they knew he was coming and made the setlist for him. From this board I knew that if I heard "True Love Waits" then "Everything In Its Right Place" would be next, which is one of my friend's favorite songs ever. So when I heard "True Love Waits", I was just SO excited and happy for my friend and I squeezed his shoulder and told him that he was about to be sooooo happy in a minute, and when the first notes of "Everything . . . " hit, I jumped and screamed so loud the people in front of me startled and jumped. Then I looked over to my best friend and tears were just pouring down his face he was soooooo happy and I just gave him the biggest hug and then kept on shouting!

Oh, it was a great, great night and they couldn't have ended the show or the U.S. tour any better.

It was just perfect.

Sorry, I don't know the names of all the new songs, so, to the best of my ability here is the setlist from Friday, June 30th:

1. Airbag
2. The National Anthem
3. There There
4. (new song)
5. Exit Music (For A Film)
6. (new song)
7. My Iron Lung
8. (new song)
9. (Videotape)
10. I Might Be Wrong
11. Climbing Up The Walls
12. (All I Need)
13. Pyramid Song
14. (very short, "metal-ish" new song)
15. Idioteque
16. Myxomytosis
17. (new song)
18. Bones
--------------------
Encore #1
19. Like Spinning Plates
20. Fake Plastic Trees
21. (Down Is The New Up)
22. Paranoid Android
--------------------
Encore #2
23. (House Of Cards)
24. True Love Waits
25. Everything In Its Right Place

wow..! I am so happy for both you and your friend.. a nite to remember I am sure!:wink:

here's the setlist from greenplastic.com

01. airbag
02. the national anthem
03. there there
04. 15 step
05. exit music
06. bodysnatchers
07. my iron lung
08. nude
09. videotape
10. i might be wrong
11. climbing up the walls
12. all i need
13. pyramid song
14. spooks
15. idioteque
16. myxomatosis
17. bangers and mash
18. bones
---------------------
19. like spinning plates
20. fake plastic trees
21. down is the new up
22. paranoid android
---------------------
23. house of cards
24. (true love waits full lyrics on piano)
goes into ... everything in its right place

starting off the show with airbag is as good as it gets.

that song is as good as it gets.

airbag = air guitar times.

y'all need to talk about 'all i need' some more. :drool:

as well as the gorgeous 'true love waits --> everything in its right place' combo. :love:

:angry:

lmjhitman said:

as well as the gorgeous 'true love waits --> everything in its right place' combo. :love:

no....true love waits done on guitar is :drool:

lmjhitman said:

"All I Need" is AWESOME! I know it's waaay too early to make a bold statement like this, but I'll make it anyways: I think, if produced right, "All I Need" could be their "With Or Without You"; it sounds that good!

And "True Love Waits" on that vo-coder, synthesizer, voice manipulator-thing machine that Thom plays was absolutely amazing! I think I enjoyed it even more than the acoustic version off the I Might Be Wrong EP.

Of course, "Airbag" is one of my 3 favorite Radiohead songs (along with "Planet Telex" and "Sulk") and the fact that I was there the night they kicked off the show with "Airbag". God that was great! Absolutely Frickin' GREAT!!!!!!!

You lucky bugger.... I soooo wanted to hear True Love Waits in Montreal.. and on the piano no less???? I've played that song a million times on my guitar (very poorly I might add), and now there is a piano version?

I am so jealous....

U2Fanatic4ever said:
wow..! I am so happy for both you and your friend.. a nite to remember I am sure!:wink:

here's the setlist from greenplastic.com

01. airbag
02. the national anthem
03. there there
04. 15 step
05. exit music
06. bodysnatchers
07. my iron lung
08. nude
09. videotape
10. i might be wrong
11. climbing up the walls
12. all i need
13. pyramid song
14. spooks
15. idioteque
16. myxomatosis
17. bangers and mash
18. bones
---------------------
19. like spinning plates
20. fake plastic trees
21. down is the new up
22. paranoid android
---------------------
23. house of cards
24. (true love waits full lyrics on piano)
goes into ... everything in its right place

Mr. MIKEphisto said:
You lucky bugger.... I soooo wanted to hear True Love Waits in Montreal.. and on the piano no less???? I've played that song a million times on my guitar (very poorly I might add), and now there is a piano version?

I am so jealous....

Actually, I think tecnically it wasn't on piano. It's that vo-coder, synthesizer, voice manipulator machine that Thom uses to play Everything In Its Right Place live. It sort-of looks like a tall player piano, but the sound that comes out of it is definitely some sort of synthesized sound.

It's not like the piano Thom played on "Like Spinning Plates" or "Pyramid Song". That was an actual piano.

FitzChivalry said:

Actually, I think tecnically it wasn't on piano. It's that vo-coder, synthesizer, voice manipulator machine that Thom uses to play Everything In Its Right Place live. It sort-of looks like a tall player piano, but the sound that comes out of it is definitely some sort of synthesized sound.

It's not like the piano Thom played on "Like Spinning Plates" or "Pyramid Song". That was an actual piano.

actually its Jonny who controls Thom's vocals when they play "everything in its right place"

Thom plays the rhodes, and jonny uses the kaos pad:wink:

xaviMF22 said:
Thom plays the rhodes, and jonny uses the kaos pad:wink:

i'm sorry. i don't know what a "rhodes" is. is that a piano? the only piano i know is the brand tori amos uses, which is some long word like "bosendorfer", or something like that. (which, by the way, sounds awesome, especially when played by tori)

So the rhodes that thom played for "true loved waits" and "everything in its right place" . . . is that the same piano he used to play "pyramid song", "like spinning plates" and "all i need"????

sorry, i don't know much about musical instruments, so i'm a bit confused.

FitzChivalry said:

i'm sorry. i don't know what a "rhodes" is. is that a piano? the only piano i know is the brand tori amos uses, which is some long word like "bosendorfer", or something like that. (which, by the way, sounds awesome, especially when played by tori)

So the rhodes that thom played for "true loved waits" and "everything in its right place" . . . is that the same piano he used to play "pyramid song", "like spinning plates" and "all i need"????

sorry, i don't know much about musical instruments, so i'm a bit confused.

Tori's Bosey :drool:

The Rhodes is an electric piano (what you hear in the opening notes of Everything In Its Right Place). Thom plays the upright piano on other piano pieces. Tori also plays a Rhodes sometimes. And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time. :crazy:

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

Tori's Bosey :drool:

The Rhodes is an electric piano (what you hear in the opening notes of Everything In Its Right Place). Thom plays the upright piano on other piano pieces. Tori also plays a Rhodes sometimes. And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time. :crazy:

yea what she said:wink:

joyfulgirl said:

And sometimes she plays the Rhodes and the Bosey at the same time. :crazy:

And that is so AWE-INSPIRING to watch! Instead of "Like Spinning Plates", it turns into "Like Spinning Piano Stool", "Like Spinning Piano Benches". It's frickin' awesome!

Can't wait for the new Tori album, she said in an interview that we haven't heard this Tori in a long time. So hopefully they'll be more rockin' tunes this time!

Ok, back to Radiohead. Thanks for the info on the pianos. Now I know.

Back
Top Bottom