New Radiohead song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:

you haven't heard arpeggi or videotape?:shocked:

if you want I'll upload them for you

"All I Need" is the only new song I've heard.

Do they introduce the new songs by title before they play them? If so, maybe I can just follow-along at the show when they say which song is which. Otherwise, if they're not introducing the new songs, if you want to take the time to upload those songs, that would be great. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

FitzChivalry said:

"All I Need" is the only new song I've heard.

Do they introduce the new songs by title before they play them? If so, maybe I can just follow-along at the show when they say which song is which. Otherwise, if they're not introducing the new songs, if you want to take the time to upload those songs, that would be great. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

well Thom sometimes introduces the new songs...either way you'll be better off hearing them now.:wink:

here is my favorite new song "arpeggi"
hxxp://www.ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=91F92E313AE8A466

"4 minute warning"
hxxp://www.ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D18031CC75B97EF0

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:love: videotape, arpeggi, nude, 15 step, bodysnatchers, 4 minute warning, down is the new up!

I have them too...i have just about every show so far minus philly 2 :mad: (only show this tour that our 'beloved' tapers haven't been willing to share! and lucky me this is the one show I could go too!):banghead:

would you happen to have "Arpeggi" from May 16?

ponkine said:
I'm really worried about new Radiohead album :( I've ever about 10 new songs (from concerts offered on dimeadozen.org) and so far I've only liked about 2 or 3 of them :ohmy: . The rest seem to be outtakes from Hail To The Thief.

Does anyone else in here feel the same? :sad:
/QUOTE]

Hellz No!

I thought (from the live show I was at) that they were terrific.. some of the best songs in the show!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

thats a tough one!

right now... Knives Out is my favorite!:drool:

there so many that I love...it is so hard to pick!

How bout you? What's ur fav???

too many to choose.... but my top two are:

1) There There
2) Let Down:drool:

xaviMF22 said:

too many to choose.... but my top two are:

1) There There
2) Let Down:drool:

:drool: love those too! I was so jazzed to hear Let Down live at Philly 2! It was such an awesome show I wish the tapers would share this show:mad: I am so sad that this is the one show that still hasn't been shared yet.. I just don't get it!:huh:

what I wouldn't do to get my hands on that boot...guess I will keep on praying...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:drool: love those too! I was so jazzed to hear Let Down live at Philly 2! It was such an awesome show I wish the tapers would share this show:mad: I am so sad that this is the one show that still hasn't been shared yet.. I just don't get it!:huh:

what I wouldn't do to get my hands on that boot...guess I will keep on praying...

wow... I envy you

you got to hear them play let down:drool:

xaviMF22 said:

wow... I envy you

you got to hear them play let down:drool:

yeah.. it was UNBELIEVABLE~! Now if only I could get the boot of that show I could die a happy girl..

This is what is so amazing about RH, especially this year. They are mixing up the setlists so much you have no idea what songs you are going to get even if you follow the setlists for every show (like me..lol). I love these guys so much for doing this and of course their amazing live shows. From what I hear they rehearsed over 45 of their songs for this tour plus their new stuff. Major props to them! :up: Cuz us RHfreaks just can't get enough! :drool:

Didn't want to start a new thread and didn't know where to put this, so I choose here. I made it to the San Diego show, which I didn't think I'd be able to do (I even offered the ticket to several Interferencers, so sure was I that I wouldn't make it), and had a great time. Venue sucked as much as I feared (outdoor GA shows are hell on earth in every way) except for the fact that from the line you could see the stage and hear perfectly thus we got a nice 40 minute pre-show show during soundcheck, and hearing "How to Disappear Completely" and "Idioteque" twice in one night was rather surreal and special. As far as I can tell, that was the only benefit to this venue. It looked nice, right there on the bay and all (Thom asked if the people in the boats had paid, lol), but the crowd and the sound were horrible.

Anyway, for a Kid A fan like myself, a setlist that included SIX songs from Kid A was unbelievable. But I missed some of the early classics. "Just" and "Lucky" were awesome. Things I expected to love like "Paranoid Android" and "National Anthem" were just okay while songs I had no expectations about like "Morning Bell" and "Kid A" were wonderful little gems. And they should take a page out of U2's book and open and close every show with "Everything in Its Right Place," lol.

All in all, I have to say it was a good show but not a great show. Certainly not even on the same page as the mindblowing Sigur Ros show I saw earlier this year, for example, and unfortunately everything gets compared to that now whether I mean to or not. Yet the sight of Thom doing his elf-on-acid dance and Jonny doing his mad scientist thing made me happy. And it was Colin's birthday so we sang to him.

Of the new songs, live I thought "Down is the New Up" was by far the best. I like the new material, don't love it yet, but that one song has stayed with me and sounded so much better live than any of the boots I've heard. But I do feel the new stuff is still evolving and I can't wait to hear what happens in the studio. The ballads are beautiful though nothing special in a live setting, but songs like "Down is the New Up" have the potential to become really great once they get it all worked out and do their magic in the studio.

Setlist:

01 There There
02 2+2=5
03 15 Step
04 Morning Bell
05 Kid A
06 Arpeggi
07 Videotape
08 The National Anthem
09 Nude
10 Down Is The New Up
11 Paranoid Android
12 All I Need
13 The Gloaming
14 You And Whose Army
15 Idioteque
16 Bangers And Mash
17 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1
18 House Of Cards
19 Street Spirit
20 Just
21 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2
22 4 Minute Warning
23 Lucky

Last edited:
martha said:
Tuesday's show was way cool. I was able to get a seat, so this old gal was happy. :wink:

joyful, tell me you went to Beck. Lie to me if you must.

(Greek Theatre tonight.)

No, I was out of town for Beck. I couldn't even GIVE the damn ticket away (did I mention 3rd row center?!). Tell me it sucked--lie to me if you must. :wink: Nah, don't bother, I have to hear all about it tonight from my pilates teacher. I know he puts on an amazing show.

BUT, I was traveling for work and had an amazing time. I saw a crazy land art piece that artists all over the world would die to see and it was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

It wasn't the Radiohead show itself that wasn't great, it was the overall experience. It really brought out the misanthrope in me. I'm sad I didn't get to see one of the theatre shows. :(

Oh, a couple of things I forgot to mention. The same six Mexican friends who sat directly behind me at U2 San Diego 1 were also directly behind me at Radiohead, wearing their Vertigo t-shirts...now that was just plain weird, esp. since I don't even live in SD. I remembered them because they're fun and cute.

And for all the girls AND guys who lust after David, he was in front of me but not close enough to talk to. That was you, wasn't it, David? Where are you?

joyfulgirl said:
No, I was out of town for Beck. I couldn't even GIVE the damn ticket away (did I mention 3rd row center?!). Tell me it sucked--lie to me if you must. :wink: Nah, don't bother, I have to hear all about it tonight from my pilates teacher. I know he puts on an amazing show.

It...sucked. Yeah. Terrible. The new songs were, um, crap. The marionettes were...... lame.

:sigh:

I'm going to hell now for lying.

Back
Top Bottom