New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirenWren

Babyface
http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

• Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
  • A compact disc.
  • Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
  • The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
  • The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
  • Shipping is included in the prices shown.
  • One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.
*perhaps

Digital Only

• MP3 version is a 320K constant bit rate file.
  • WAV version is a full CD quality uncompressed digital audio file.
  • One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12″ vinyl.
The King of Limbs can be pre-ordered now and downloaded on Saturday 19th February 2011.

SATURDAY
banana.gif

thekingoflimbs452.jpg

*a-HEM*
FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

That is all.

More digital shenanigans from RH, and one bizarre title. It's awesome that they wait until 6 days before release to announce it, take notes U2 (though that wait would probably kill a number of blue crackers).

:hyper:

Upon further reflection, I think I'm going to spring for the box set...it's Radiohead, after all, and I'm a huge vinyl nerd. Though, to be honest, they had me at "two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve"...:drool::drool::drool:

Anyone else think the timing on this is a little convenient? OBVIOUSLY they are trying to steal Arcade Fire's GrammyThunder.
#afhaterz

I would imagine that Radiohead has been planning this for more than the last twelve hours.

Anyone else think the timing on this is a little convenient? OBVIOUSLY they are trying to steal Arcade Fire's GrammyThunder.
#afhaterz

I think any thunder stealing may be more directed at the Grammys in general than Arcade Fire.

I think any thunder stealing may be more directed at the Grammys in general than Arcade Fire.

Exactly. They wouldn't have known that Arcade Fire was going to win Album of the Year when they planned all of this.

That said, I love Arcade Fire and I'm happy for them, but a new Radiohead album is a bigger deal than an Arcade Fire award.

To be entirely honest, the only thing I've seen written about the Grammy's is that Lady Gaga wore weird clothes and was in an egg. Other than on indie sites, no one is mentioning Arcade Fire.

Regardless, as others have said, this was planned a while ago. It's not as if Thom is the one managing their press releases.

I wonder what Paul McCockne$$' reaction to this news will be, since he was lretty outspoken about the non-pricing of In Rainbows.

This pricing is well under any kind of store retail, even a sale price, and without tax as well. And when the CD hits the stores in a few months, I'm sure you'll be able to get it for $9.99. I have no problem paying for both.

The special edition is more fairly-priced than last time, but I'm still not getting it. I have a record player but I couldnt care less about a vinyl copy.

Radiohead knows how to create hype amongst their fans, U2 knows how to create sales amongst theirs. Despite what '90's era U2 fans like to imagine, their fanbases are incredibly different. I really doubt U2 would have the results they want if they ever attempted something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom