New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the picture, I'm looking forward to 8 tracks of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -esque tunes.

radiohead2011.jpg

colin with a beard, thats hot :drool:

Aside from the hats, Radiohead appear to be wearing completely normal modern clothing.

By the way, does anyone actually ever feel inclined to go back and listen to those Raconteurs albums? I'm shocked at how lousy I find them whenever I come across one or more of their tracks. Used to really be into it, too.

The Raconteurs are definitely the weakest of Jack's three (now two) projects, although there are some strong tunes in there.

There are some good songs sprinkled in their two albums. I prefer the second album to the first.

That second album is bookended by what are probably my two favorite songs by them: the title track, which rocks, and "Carolina Drama," which is a really cool narrative song by Jack. Something that probably wouldn't be too out of place on one of the later Stripes albums.

I never really connected with the debut at all.

The Raconteurs are definitely the weakest of Jack's three (now two) projects, although there are some strong tunes in there.

This.

Also, I am getting more and more excited (and antsy) for Friday/Saturday to come. It comes at a perfect time, too. Football is over, spring training has only just started, so I have the entire weekend (plus Monday, since it's a holiday here) to obsess over every detail of this album.

"Carolina Drama" and especially "Blue Veins" are the only songs I'm taking away from those albums that I really like in hindsight. As the Yup Man said, the Dead Weather completely blew the previous project out of the water. I still get down on some DW. Often.

Anyway, Radiohead. Go for it.

Someone on triple j's facebook page today named Pulk/Pull as his or her favorite Radiohead song (King of Limbs art was their dp). :barf:

Yeah, they're out in droves already. :wink:

Eww, Pull/Pulk, but then again I dislike everything on Amnesiac not named Pyramid Song and You and Whose Army.

Raise your hand if, since the announcement was made, you haven't gone more than a couple of hours without thinking about this album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom