New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite album this year is only 9 tracks long. If 1 out of 8 of the tracks is 10 or 11 minutes long, it could still be a 40 to 45 min album, which isn't bad at all.

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

3.5 year wait for 8 songs? Sounds like they're drinking the same crazy juice Boner's had.

Y'know. I like the idea of an 8 album song. Usually I feel there's a track or two on their albums that are not on the same level as others, despite still being good or very good. So this could turn out to be nice album-wise, to me at least.

They do? As far as I know that "only" happens with compilations and remixes albums. Also, they usually have bonus tracks, but I don't think this would be the case here.

Yup, extra tracks, or even flat out different track lists, are not uncommon.

Rest of the world could by 6 or 7 tracks....

:wink:

The Stage Names, For Emma Forever Ago, and Feels had nine tracks and were better than just about everything in their respective years. Person Pitch had seven. White Light/White Heat had fucking six and it kicks ass. Who cares?

The Stage Names, For Emma Forever Ago, and Feels had nine tracks and were better than just about everything in their respective years. Person Pitch had seven. White Light/White Heat had fucking six and it kicks ass. Who cares?

The Velvets put out like 4 albums in 4 years, like most bands in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

And there wasn't much of a wait between The Stage Names and The Stand Ins.

By that logic, is In Rainbows not a true ten track album?

Regardless, there are plenty of albums from past and present which don't hit double digits in their tracklistings and are fantastic. I'm not sweating it.

Also, in terms of the whole waiting discussion, it's not like we haven't heard anything from the band since In Rainbows.

They gave us These Are My Twisted Words, and that song about Harry the war hero or whatever it was called.

Anyway, this shit is awesome. I can't fucking wait.

I would hardly call Lance's Mom a war hero, no matter how much you enjoyed "Hairy Patch."

I haven't seen bollox post in ages. I like how big news brings people out of the woodwork.
Woo, someone remembers me!
Yeah, with the one-two combo of Arcade Fire GrammyWin and New Radiohead, I just had to voice my opinions to The Internet.
And Atease was having trouble loading today for SOME reason . . .

Yup, extra tracks, or even flat out different track lists, are not uncommon.

Rest of the world could by 6 or 7 tracks....

And hmmm, didn't know that (I mean, I never noticed this discrepancy in any of the discographies I have). Thanks.

:up:

It's not my favorite... but it's tha Boss.

At least now the acronym KOL will never again be thought of as the acronym for the shit band Kings of Leon.

Hah, yeah of course they wouldn't just retread an old album. Too creative for that, so let's go with a cross between two old albums.
Shaddup. :wink:

Personally, I don't have a problem with an eight-track album. Quality, not quantity.
Wait a minute...eight tracks? Newspaper Edition of TKOL to be packaged with an 8-track tape of the album confirmed! Screw vinyl, 8-tracks are way more "retro" and impractical, and, thus, more hipster-tastic. :shifty:

Just hope that awful Twisted Words song doesn't make it's way onto the album. I shouldn't think it will, but for me, that would be frustratingly underwhelming

intedomine said:
Just hope that awful Twisted Words song doesn't make it's way onto the album. I shouldn't think it will, but for me, that would be frustratingly underwhelming

Maybe there'll be a Gin Blossoms cover :wink:

Springsteen's best album only has 7 songs. Radiohead clearly doesn't know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom