New Peter Gabriel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AGREED! Not many albums or artists are worth a 10 year wait - this one is. The unfortunate first single, The Barry Williams Show, is one of my least favorite pieces on this disc (and is not indicative at all of the remainder of the album).

PG returns with some powerful stuff. I love No Way Out, More Than This, and Signal to Noise sounds better every time I hear it. A keeper.

*BUMP*

Holy mother

I'm not familiar with his stuff. I mean I know "Sledgehammer" "Big Time" "In Your Eyes" and "Solsbury Hill" and all....

but in Tower today "Up" was playing, and I think I scared the girl working there when I CHARGED her asking who it was playing. I had to buy the CD.

:drool: Awesome opening song, and sweet the whole way through. Need to give it a few more listens though. :tongue: I love it so far.

Im not sold on it yet, I bought it almost immediately too and was initially very dissapointed other than the hard hitting first track. I love Peter, but maybe I have "outgrown" his music or something cause I really am not loving this album the way I thought I would. Oh well, still give it a few more spins before I make a final decision.......

:|

You're not the only one, it wasnt exatly "well received" by critics either. Actually, it's gotten a lot of piss poor reviews.

Gabriel needs many spins to connect...I can tell you that as a very big fan I needed to see the songs in person before I really connected...does that mean he's lost it?? No! The songs are very powerful and full of personal meaning, written and rewritten over the course of ten years.

I've always needed to have any new Gabriel in the listening bin for a period of time to enjoy...actually, I've found the same goes for U2!!

Back
Top Bottom