New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
May 13 - New England Dodge Music Arena - Hartford, CT
Set: Severed Hand, Worldwide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Unemployable, Corduroy, Betterman, Why Go, Garden, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: I'm Open, Sleight Of Hand, Comatose, Do The Evolution

Encore 2: Go, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

NOTE: This is the first time I'm Open has ever been played live (although it has been soundchecked in the past).
Additional notes:
Hewson perched in section 200 row C.
Band en fuego.
New songs kick live.
Outrageous jam during Rearviewmirror.
Ebert: :up: Roeper: :up:

Just using this one show, I'd say the band's energy is somewhere around 1994 level, not that this band has ever not had stage energy, but they seem to have hit a 6th gear. The new material is great live.
Definitely a must see.

On a different note; you get any flooding? I returned Sunday night to 3 feet of water under my house, where of course my furnace is. Still no heat, very unhappy wife.

Ok, I think I just might have to go now. Whenever there's an incredible album that a band is touring for, you know you're going to get a good show.

As for the flooding, southeastern NH is in horrendous shape. Luckily, I'm on a slight hill, and my backyard goes downhill, so my finished basement has gone unscathed.

But a lot of other people are not so lucky here. My boss is out today because she returned home from work yesterday to six inches of water in her basement.

6 inches I could handle. I have only a crawl space, and the only thing there is the furnace for the main part of the house, but when I opened the bulkhead, the water was right to the top of it, about 3 feet in a space maybe 3'6"...a little more and I'd have had it coming through the floor in the house.
Damn liars who sold to us said blizzard of '78 was only time they ever got water...neighbor has since told me different.

All day yesterday, most of its gone.
Pump was still running this morning. And just found out the plumber who was there and supposed to be back last night to check the furnace is suddenly ill and won't be returning.

Fun, fun, fun till Daddy takes the T-Bird away.

aaand the Pearl Jam setlist party continuuuuuues...

May 16 - United Center, Chicago
Set 1- Release, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Comatose, Given To Fly, Low Light, Corduroy, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Unemployable, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Save You, Porch

Encore 1- You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Better Man, Come Back, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive

Encore 2- Go, Blood/(Atomic Dog), Indifference, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

It was an amazing show last night! Opening with Release was a beautiful surprise. I was shocked they played so much Ten and ignored Riot Act and Binaural, with the exception of 'Save You'. The energy was through the roof. Eddie was at his best, he even acknowledged a fan he recognized since the very first show PJ did in Chicago, threw him a tamborine...then later told him to stop using it because it was throwing him off.:lol: He got a little stab at Bush during WMA.

It seems they must have changed the setlist for they had a second drumset with congos setup behind Matt what seemed like for an acoustic number, but then never used it.

With the exception of being too Ten heavy, probably one of the best shows I've seen them do.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It seems they must have changed the setlist for they had a second drumset with congos setup behind Matt what seemed like for an acoustic number, but then never used it.
Similar thing happened in Hartford, when setting up for the encores, they put Jeff's stool and stand up bass out, (Daughter or Elderly Women would be my guess), but they never used it.
Then after the first encore, a crew member came out with a sharpie and was writing somethin short on the setlists, I said to mey neighbor, "looks like a setlist change", and when they re-emerged Ed said that Mike pointed out that they shortchanged the crowd 1 song in the first encore, and they played "Go". (which explains why it only took the crew member half a second to write it on each bandmember's setlist sheet).

May 17 - United Center, Chicago

Set 1 - Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Animal, Marker In The Sand, Do The Evolution, Whipping, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Gone, Insignificance, Better Man/Save it for Later, Down, Garden, Inside Job, Lukin, Why Go

Encore 1 - Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Footsteps, Once, Alive

Encore 2 - Last Kiss, Last Exit, Glorified G, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crown Of Thorns, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Last edited:
I kinda like the video... Really bizarre and original.

Have you seen the set for 2006-05-19 Grand Rapids?

Main set: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Sad, Marker In The Sand, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop)/(I Believe In Miracles), Army Reserve, Green Disease, Why Go, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Sleight Of Hand, Off He Goes, Around The Bend, Parting Ways, Hard To Imagine, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Do The Evolution, Comatose, Satan's Bed, Leatherman, Blood, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

That first encore is SICK!

May 20th - LeBron James Memorial Arena - Cleveland Ohio

Pre-Opener: Last Kiss (Ed solo), It Makes No Difference (Ed with Jim James of My Morning Jacket)

Main Set - Better Man, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Faithfull, Unemployable, Gone, Daughter/(It's Ok), MFC, Immortality, Lukin, Do The Evolution, Spin The Black Circle, Porch

Encore 1 - Wasted Reprise, Thumbing My Way, Inside Job, Black, Alive

Encore 2 - Go, Comatose, U, Don't Gimme No Lip, Smile, Why Go, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter

:drool:

I've listened to the album a couple of times now and I have to say that it's a good one, but not great. At least, it's better than Riot Act. Though strangely, I think the first three songs are kinda weak. Usually, Pearl Jam albums open very strong, after which it's a question whether or not they can keep up the quality. Despite the shortcomings of Riot Act, it did open very strong with Can't Keep, Save You and Love Boat Captain. But here it's the opposite. Life Wasted is starting to grow a bit on me, but World Wide Suicide and Comatose are a bit too generic to me. Things do start to get interesting with Severed Hand and the quality improves markedly over the rest of the album. Though there are still some weaker tracks. And I forgot which song it is exactly (Gone? Army Reserve) but that one has a bridge that sounds very similar to the chorus of Insignificance (from Binaural). Granted, that's also a Pearl Jam song, but I'd hoped for a bit more originality.
That said, Come Back is an amazing song. :heart:

Still, I'm very excited for their concert in Antwerp. I've got a big wishlist of what I want them to play. :D

This album lacks a bit in originality... Severed Hand sounds like a Porch rip-off...

But it's a damn good album IMO.

September... so far... :drool:

Popmartijn said:
Life Wasted is starting to grow a bit on me, but World Wide Suicide and Comatose are a bit too generic to me. Things do start to get interesting with Severed Hand and the quality improves markedly over the rest of the album. Though there are still some weaker tracks. And I forgot which song it is exactly (Gone? Army Reserve) but that one has a bridge that sounds very similar to the chorus of Insignificance (from Binaural). Granted, that's also a Pearl Jam song, but I'd hoped for a bit more originality.
That said, Come Back is an amazing song. :heart:

I actually liked Riot Act, but I agree with most of your review here, and yes I heard the similar bridge at first listen, and was like what?:huh:

Back
Top Bottom